Someone needs to teach them a lesson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pero

Refugee
I was on internet last night, trying to find out some news for vertigo tour and i went on u2.com. After finding no news, i started looking around.
THE SITE IS SO AWESOMELY BAD.
If you look on the "interactive timeline" on the bottom, you'll se that Pop came out in February 1997, but when you go to albums page, there is a line in text pretty much obvious that says:
"Pop
Release date: March 1997"

C'mon, if u2 doesn't know when was their album released, who will know.
And that's not the only mistake.
How can the site of the best band be the worst?

Yeah it does suck. I never go there anymore now that my fan club membership expired.

computer-monitor.jpg

Yea they are pretty weak there. Usually the only times I go on that site are to look up song lyrics, or get album cover art to put on my iTunes songs. But other than that, I never stop to read anything. I use to check out their forums like 2 years ago, but stopped after I found Interference :hug:

I loathe that site:| only reason I joined was to get a better shot at tickets.....and look how well that turned out for members:happy::angry:

Admittedly, my eyesight isn't the greatest, but come on. The font size on that site is so small it's just an aggravation to read. Plus the fact that the better fan-run websites are usually more on top of breaking news than U2.com.

Not impressed.

:no:

Under U2.com's Lyrics section, "Original of the Species" is spelled "ORIGNAL of the Species" :ohmy:

Pero said:

How can the site of the best band be the worst?

I know, it's ridiculous, considering the sort of stuff they COULD be doing on it.

Let's face it, most of us would give our right arm (and our left one) to run their website....

(ok we'd have to type with our noses)

haha, so true, U2.com sucks, content and design have so many flaws for a site of this kind

Yes the site completely sucks. I'm still a member but I never go there...whenever news is posted I can just come here. As far as the other stuff on U2.com goes...they hardly ever change it so I don't bother checking. :shrug: It's a shame because their site could be awesome. :yes:

It sucks even more when you consider that this a band that has prided itself on being at the very edge (no pun) of technical innovation....

...I mean, really, think back to Zoo TV, and then Popmart, these guys were Multimedia before there was multimedia...the frustrating thing is, how easy it is to make an awesome website nowadays in Flash, and y'know, being 'the Band' itself, I'd think there wouldn't be a shortage on upto date news to put in it...

..shame.

catlhere said:
computer-monitor.jpg

Yea they are pretty weak there. Usually the only times I go on that site are to look up song lyrics, or get album cover art to put on my iTunes songs. But other than that, I never stop to read anything. I use to check out their forums like 2 years ago, but stopped after I found Interference :hug:

Don't go there for the lyrics. Go to atu2.com. They are probably the only fan website that still have the lyrics. They worked out a deal with the publishing company. U2.com doesn't have all or correct lyrics-note no B-sides.

I agree that the official website truly does suck. Almost everytime I went there to view a setlist, it would be different than U2tours.com and usually, U2.com would have the incorrect information. I find that to be very sad and pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom