Someone I know thinks U2 used Zooropa on the media/fans....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
...cause we were talkin........(I LOVE ES!!!!)........I asked how and why she thought that and she said:

'Take all of Zooropa's songs.........U2 put a bag of songs on this album to encourage the public fans to feel prepared for their new turn, (basically she tinks U2 knew they were gonna do PoP as PoP was back then)....to prepare fans for a 'loopier twisted' version of U2........it was either a make or break with U2...and that they mighta had a fear of rejection in the popworld............and that Zooropa, album that it was was used as bait, a test, etc..............in order...........the likes of Lemon, Daddy Gonna, is meant to be Bono sliding into the 'perverted side of himself, that he wanted to exploit himself sexually (but sure didnt he during Zoo?) but more so in a 'punk manner'...........

:eeklaugh:

No, I dont know either........bt what do u tink?

I have just summed up shorter of what she said..........I rarely speak to her, but on phone recently..........she came out with it!:shrug:

Overall I think that Zooropa was the direction they wanted to head with Achtung Baby, but weren't yet comfortable or able to deliver an album as such. Zooropa really has far more in common with AB than Pop, lyrically and sonically. Pop is really (at least IMO) about having a complete identity crisis, a total loss of faith in everything that you believe. Pop is a very uncertain album (lyrically). You're not sure where you are, and whereever it is, you don't want to be there. Zooropa on the other hand is far more confident. Yes, you may not know where you are, but you don't seem to be in any rush to get out. You are more interested in exploring your surroundings (Much like AB). Musically, Pop is grittier than Zooropa, Zooropa has a smooth flow to it, a consistent laid back groove, even on the more intense songs like Dirty Day, It's more of a reserved anger, contimplative perhaps. Pop opens with a flourish, but quickly closes in on you, claustrophic is the best way to describe it, and the Anger is far more evident, know longer happy, you lash out. (wake up Dead man) I may be wrong though, just my 2 cents...:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom