Someone at ESPN doesn't like Discotheque, apparentely...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved the one for Super Bowl XXVII -- 1993! Made me laugh out loud.

Super Bowl XXVII, 1993
Halftime theme: "Heal the World" ... with cortisone shots and enough Vicodin to leave an elephant feeling gauzy (NFL players only, of course).

What you saw: Michael Jackson performing with 3,500 local children; a pregame coin toss from O.J. Simpson. And no, we're not making this up.

What you didn't: Game officials wiping blood from the ceremonial quarter; Jackson inviting all 3,500 children back to Neverland for a "Jesus Juice" sleepover.

I love "Discotheque." Which is weird, because I didn't use to. But I've seen the light!

ESPN.com writes a lot of funny stuff, that's surprisingly off- or far from- the topic of sports.

When I listen to Pop now, I tend to skip to Mofo, then back to DYFL, then track 4 - onwards. Skipping Disco.. all together.

(none of you care do you!!:wink:)

Discotheque was bloody incredible on Popmart, when Edge went into that incredible grinding, wailing guitar at the end. You can't listen to performances like that from Popmart Sarajevo and not enjoy it.

Axver said:
Discotheque was bloody incredible on Popmart, when Edge went into that incredible grinding, wailing guitar at the end. You can't listen to performances like that from Popmart Sarajevo and not enjoy it.

:up: :up: :up:

Also great were versions from Leeds and Rotterdam. I regret that performance on Mexico VHS is so short :|

Discotheque live is :drool:

The guy or gal who wrote that probably hasn't heard one song from U2 since 1983.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Discotheque was U2's last US Top 10 song...it was SOOOOOOO popular at the time!

What a fickle bunch we are...

Back
Top Bottom