Somebody up there likes U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcool

The Fly
nme

MANIC STREET PREACHERS bassist NICKY WIRE has hit out at bands like the WHITE STRIPES and JET, branding them "fucking crap".

Speaking in an interview on the Orange Playlist show due to be aired tonight (October 28), Wire slammed the Stripes' recording process.

He said: "The White Stripes – I just don’t get that at all. When they say ‘ We recorded the whole album in two days’ its like, yeah it sounds like it – it sounds fucking crap because you recorded it in a second.

"And Jet, Jet are so bad. Their music has the mental age of a foetus.

"I think it’s too easy to make good music. There are so many idiots out there who’ve got rigs and computers in their bedroom who are making unbelievably average music that sounds quite good – it's not a healthy thing.

"From David Bowie to U2 you have to know when its time to evolve – if you don’t, you die, like dodos you become extinct.

"You have to know when to stop and get out. I think we’ll know when it's time to stop."

Wire did have praise for one British star however.

"I met Daniel Bedingfield at 'CD:UK'. He is an absolutely brilliant nutter actually. He’s truly warped and mad – in a good way."

jcool said:
nme

MANIC STREET PREACHERS bassist NICKY WIRE has hit out at bands like the WHITE STRIPES and JET, branding them "fucking crap".

Speaking in an interview on the Orange Playlist show due to be aired tonight (October 28), Wire slammed the Stripes' recording process.

He said: "The White Stripes – I just don’t get that at all. When they say ‘ We recorded the whole album in two days’ its like, yeah it sounds like it – it sounds fucking crap because you recorded it in a second.

"I think it’s too easy to make good music. There are so many idiots out there who’ve got rigs and computers in their bedroom who are making unbelievably average music that sounds quite good – it's not a healthy thing.

"From David Bowie to U2 you have to know when its time to evolve – if you don’t, you die, like dodos you become extinct.

"You have to know when to stop and get out. I think we’ll know when it's time to stop."

"I met Daniel Bedingfield at 'CD:UK'. He is an absolutely brilliant nutter actually. He’s truly warped and mad – in a good way."

Nicky Wire is an arrogant wanker who can't take critisicm. Sorry but it's true. He only liked Beddingfield cos he licked his ass. I met Nicky a few times at Sony and he was seen as a bit of a joke figure.

Last edited:
The new Manics song is a joke, horribly over-produced mush...his band is in NO place to criticise White Stripes who are one of the most exciting bands going today...

Jet however, are fair game.:)

Manic Streets Preachers? White Stripes? Jet?

All those bands can't hold a candle to U2.

Cheers,

J

Yeah, i'm not a huge Stripes fan, but I wouldn't trust the opinions of someone who said Daniel Bedingfield was better than them.
*sigh*
it annoys me so much the way rock stars are slagging off other rock stars. There seems to have been a huge wave of it recently.... Nicky Wire, Kasabian, The Darkness...

I really like the White Stripes, but they are certainly not nearly as good as U2 or bowie. I think caling them "shit" is as immature as this Mr. Nicky Wire's little rant. If you dont like it, don't listen to it. But don't think for one second that JUST because you don't like it, it's SHIT. And WHEN you act as ideot as this Nicky Wire douche bag, no one gives a flying f*** about your opinion.

jcool said:
nme

i'm prob mistaken but do manic's have a new album coming out...its the only reason that i can think of why some nearly was would suddenly start attacking bands that are cool

What's wrong with recording an album in two days if you want to? Maybe The White Stripes were aiming for something raw and spontaneous - something, you know (gasp!) rock and roll! I think this guy has major insecurity issues. :eyebrow:

Jet are shit.................. do we agree on that? I like the Manics but i wouldn't go around saying other bands are shite, well except maybe, yeaaaaaaaaaa.

jcool said:
nme

" who are making unbelievably average music that sounds quite good – it's not a healthy thing.

Umm... can someone explain that sentence to me?! average music that sounds quite good? If it sounds quite good, then surely its not average??!

New manic album got slated here in the UK... time to evolve mr wire.

White Stripes are a great band, their 2 albums have had a lot of filler on them but they still had very strong tracks as well. Great live band, if you dont really like them, you should download "Ball and Biscuit", which wasnt a single. It's pretty amazing, especially the live version of it. Jack White does like a 3 minute hard blues rock solo, he is a very great guitarist,

RademR said:
White Stripes are a great band, their 2 albums have had a lot of filler on them but they still had very strong tracks as well. Great live band, if you dont really like them, you should download "Ball and Biscuit", which wasnt a single. It's pretty amazing, especially the live version of it. Jack White does like a 3 minute hard blues rock solo, he is a very great guitarist,

They have 4 albums! check out the "De Stjl" album, some amazing tunes

Back
Top Bottom