Some very unhappy news about the Propaganda Code letters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2luv said:
There is an email/mailing campaign being started to voice what's been going on with Fanfire and the prop members that are not being serviced. If you wish to participate, please do so. Send emails and letters to the addresses below to "to whom it may concern". Print out the letters and include any copies of proof of your claims as well when emailing as well as mailing. Hopefully this will do something, but even if it doesn't, at least it'll make US feel better for having put a voice to it.

Thanks to Barb from Wire for compiling this list....

This is the list that has been compiled so far. If you have any other relevant email addresses or other info to add, please do!

Signatures Network Email Addresses
dfurano@signaturesnet.com Dell Furano - Chief Executive Officer
dhunt@signaturesnet.com Don Hunt -President, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer
dbayless@signaturesnet.com Django Bayless - Vice President, Information Systems and Technology
rfish@signaturesnet.com Rick Fish - Senior Vice President, Artist Relations
press@signaturesnet.com

Mailing Address & Phone Numbers:

Signatures Network, Inc.
2 Bryant Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94105
Telephone: (415) 247-7400
Fax: (415) 247-7407
Customer Service (Consumers) 1-800-767-7160

Principle Management Ltd
30 Sir Rogersons Quay
Dublin 2
Ireland
info@numb.ie

Fanfire/U2.com Addresses
orderhelp@FanFire.com 1-800-615-1324
memberinfo@u2.com

For questions about your fan club membership - webmaster@fanfire.com

:up: thank you for posting the information.

My card was finally charged over the weekend, so I guess that they are finally catching up... and I was charged for $20.

Well...... finally some good news here.
Somehow......I GOT MY SILVER U2 CARD THIS WEEKEND AND LETTER FROM PROP!!!
:hyper: :hyper:
Even though I was extremely excited to receive it, I still feel bad for all of you still waiting or who got screwed ordering online.
For those of you who are still waiting and were Prop members, I would KEEP CALLING and keep giving your info. Good luck!

I just got this e-mail from U2.com

[q]Dear Iris,

Thank you for your email. All Propaganda letters to current and active
members, whose subscriptions have not lapsed, have been mailed out. We are
aware that some fans still had issues outstanding on your subscription - and
as a result, extended the offer to take out a half price ($20) Membership in
U2.com. Please note that if your Propaganda membership had expired, you
will not be receiving a discount letter in the mail. We are sorry if your
subscription has lapsed, but encourage you to check out the new U2.com - the
benefits of Membership of the new U2 site are significant.

U2.com Membership includes: priority ticketing opportunities for the 2005
Tour; a special introductory gift; your own '@U2.com' e-mail address;
special access to full length audio and video; 'Members Only' discussion
forums in the new Zootopia; and a 25% discount on your first purchase from
the U2.com Store.

If you still have questions, please contact us at orderhelp@fanfire.com or
one of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or 1-916-939-1000. (Please be
sure to include a copy of this email any reply.)

Best Wishes,
Tammy
U2.com Customer Service

my e-mail to them:
To whom it may concern:
I want to make sure someone at U2 is aware of the ongoing problems the fans
who registered with Propaganda in 2001 are receiving with fanfire in regards
to not receiving a letter to access the U2.com propaganda section. I have
forwarded you several emails regarding my communications with Fanfire and
the response I received from them pertaining to me not receiving my letter.

The level of service that I have received is unacceptable and something
should be done to address the lack of service that we fans are receiving
pertaining to this comedy of errors at fanfire. I am not sure who is to
blame here but there clearly is a problem. I would like for someone to
please address my concerns and would like to see the letter that I should be
entitled to mailed to my attention ASAP.

The below e-mails contain all the information from communications with
fanfire down to the confirmation of my membership order with Propaganda in
April 2001 along with my ID# which was supplied to me from Terri Panaro.

I would hate for these errors to go overlook and for this to cast a shadow
on U2 and how their fans are being treated.

I look forward to a response to my concerns.

Sincerely,
Iris [/q]

Last edited:
( U2.com Membership includes: priority ticketing opportunities for the 2005
Tour;)

Anyone else notice that it said ticket opportunities, and not actual tickets?
I am willing to bet that many u2.com subscribers receive NO tickets prior to the general public on sale date-
i bet there will be a brief window of opportunity to log onto ticketmaster.com, enter the pre-sale code, and they will sell tickets for an hour or so.
with all the problems happening lately, i will not be surprised at all if this board is going crazy with u2.com members who did not receive tickets in a pre-sale.

if they said ACTUAL tickets that would mean that people would get complementary tickets free of charge. That isn't the case. You get the opportunity to BUY tickets first, you don't just get them.
It's all in the wording :wink:

I just spoke with "Jason" at FanFire. I asked him a few questions about whether they'll get this cleared up for prop members. He didn't really know but he told me that "Evelyn Mullen" is his supervisor (has this been posted already?) and is "at work" around 9am weekdays.

I just sucked it up and bought a regular u2.com membership...it really irked me to reach the screen which offers one to type the "unique code"... only to not be able to input anything.

Oh, Fanfire's fax is 800-582-8000.

Last edited:
I just got this, and am sure the standard "your subscription has lapsed" email will follow shortly.

Dear Martha,

Thank you for your email. I am in the process of researching your
Propaganda Subscription. I will contact you shortly with some information.
Thank you for your patience in this matter.

If you have any questions, please contact us at orderhelp@FanFire.com or one
of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or 1-916-939-1000. (Please be sure
to include a copy of this email any reply.)

Sincerely,
Tammy
FanFire.com Customer Service

Guinness Stout said:
( U2.com Membership includes: priority ticketing opportunities for the 2005
Tour;)

Anyone else notice that it said ticket opportunities, and not actual tickets?
I am willing to bet that many u2.com subscribers receive NO tickets prior to the general public on sale date-
i bet there will be a brief window of opportunity to log onto ticketmaster.com, enter the pre-sale code, and they will sell tickets for an hour or so.
with all the problems happening lately, i will not be surprised at all if this board is going crazy with u2.com members who did not receive tickets in a pre-sale.

Nope, not the case. Read prior posts on this thread. Its going to be set up like Prop was. They reserve tickets in advance for the number of subscribers and they base what to make available where the subscriptions are located. Just like Prop did. Prop never guaranteed tickets either but typically provided for everyone. You didnt get your tickets in advance through Prop either. The only difference being this time it will be online most likely and not through the mail like Prop was. Now Fanfire could completely screw up the tickets (I would not be shocked). But it is NOT a TM pre sale and is not suppose to work that way.

Last edited:
U2luv said:
Hopefully they'll come through with enough. Hopefully this whole fiasco with the Prop memberships will be corrected very quickly too. We'll see.

I wouldn't hold my breath. I received a response to my email which made absolutely no sense in the context of the email I sent.

Basically, I don't think anyone is even reading the emails or if they are they're just sending off the cookie cutter responses they've been given.

I'm beat. Just for kicks though I will be sending a response to their response (with the history of emails) and will be copying every executive that you listed in your previous post.

Although I don't believe anything will be resolved at this point; I'm responding for my own satisfaction.

ramblin rose said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. I received a response to my email which made absolutely no sense in the context of the email I sent.

Basically, I don't think anyone is even reading the emails or if they are they're just sending off the cookie cutter responses they've been given.

I'm beat. Just for kicks though I will be sending a response to their response (with the history of emails) and will be copying every executive that you listed in your previous post.

Although I don't believe anything will be resolved at this point; I'm responding for my own satisfaction.

Unfortunately, I believe the same thing. Same as you, I'm doing this mainly so it can be known that I AM doing something.
It's very sad to know that we all feel so hopeless and helpless concerning this issue.

U2luv said:

Unfortunately, I believe the same thing. Same as you, I'm doing this mainly so it can be known that I AM doing something.
It's very sad to know that we all feel so hopeless and helpless concerning this issue.

Hope for the best and expect the worst. FanFire hasn't given us any reason to do otherwise. I sent my little :help: email to every addy on the list and so far I haven't heard as much as a boo from the bums.

It looks like they're paying attention finally! I think that Devlin Smith's peice has forced people to take notice. Even those at PM.

<fingers crossed>

bull's eye said:
It looks like they're paying attention finally! I think that Devlin Smith's peice has forced people to take notice. Even those at PM.

<fingers crossed>

Why do you say that? Have you heard something?

I left a message on PM's (NY) answering machine and they actually called me back and told me to direct any questions to info@numb.ie. She sounded a lot more understanding than the firefire people. She said that they're working on it.

I just doubt that they'll have it all cleaned up by the time tickets go on sale.

How many prop members were there? Any guesses on how many are having these problems? Half? 10%?

bull's eye said:
I left a message on PM's (NY) answering machine and they actually called me back and told me to direct any questions to info@numb.ie. She sounded a lot more understanding than the firefire people. She said that they're working on it.

I just doubt that they'll have it all cleaned up by the time tickets go on sale.

How many prop members were there? Any guesses on how many are having these problems? Half? 10%?

I'm impressed you got a callback bull's eye! I wouldn't think they would bother with that if they weren't looking into it or planning to look into it to some degree. I'm happy to say that email addy was on the list of those that I sent messages to on Sunday. That gives me enough hope that I'll actually cross my fingers for luck

I don't have a clue how many prop members exist or the percentage who didn't get the "letter." I've seen quite a few complaining here and on the wire email group... I couldn't venture a guess though.

bull's eye said:

:up: Thats cool, I hope they fix this for you guys.

I believe Prop was estimated to have somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000 active subscribers prior to Elevation. I dont think the percentage of fans being effected by the problem you guys are having is more than 5% of that. But I'm guessing completely. :shrug:

Last edited:
I never got the letter, which I've already said here, but I don't care because U2.com sucked before and apparently it sucks worse now. I can't believe people are going to fork over 40 bucks for such shitty service and the chance for tickets. You know the ticket thing will be so screwed up.

Blue Room said:

I believe Prop was estimated to have somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000 active subscribers prior to Elevation.
And they sent out 37 letters with discount codes.:wink:

I also haven't received mine, hae sent emails to 4 different locations, and got only a canned reply thanking for my inquiry with a list of FAQ's.
My knowledge of FanFire makes me very unlikely to spend $40.00, I would consider giving it a whirl for $20.00 if they could get their sh*t together and send me my discount code and hope that this will be handled differently than most of their other ventures.

Did anyone hear anything today? No one got in touch with me...

Has anyone had any luck with the Signatures people?...I called the number a few nights ago and spoke with a receptionist who sounded a little overwhelmed.

Oh well, time to think about Christmas now. Fanfire is like Scrooge.

I can't guarantee this will get anywhere, but here's an update on MY saga thus far in this situation...

Tonight I broke down and decided to join at the full cost :|
BUT, decided to call Fanfire again before doing so. I called a different number this time, 1-800-767-1760 I was on hold for a good while. Bradley answered and I got to talking with him about this whole situation, explaining about the 2001/02 window etc. He agreed that there was a whole segment of the list that seems to be missing, since most of the calls he himself has been getting were from people from that time period. He asked who I've attempted to contact, I told him PM, Fanfire, etc. I also told him about my friend going to PM and the fact that he was told that it was FanFires problem not theirs.
He told me to call back tomorrow evening to give my paid membership the chance to enter the computer, then give the same info to whoever I end up talking to. He did say that he will also be passing on the info to his supervisor and that he'll be talking to them about contacting PM to find the rest of the list. HOPEFULLY we'll now get somewhere.
My suggestion is for everyone that is having problems, EVEN if you've already purchased a membership, to call and politely demand that they pass on to management (or talk to management yourselves) and request they contact PM to get the rest of the list that's missing.

He also told me that those who purchase a membership who is found to be on that database WILL be reimbursed for the $20 discount.

All in all, Bradley seemed to be much more receptive and knowledgeable than the others I've talked with over the past few weeks. I've talked to quite a few too so...

Last edited:
Well, after all my emailing of the last couple of weeks, guess what turned up today? Yip, my letter & card from Propaganda, in a hand-written envelope from EIRE.

So, what do I do now?!?!

Back
Top Bottom