Some very unhappy news about the Propaganda Code letters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got my code yesterday!

I am guessing that it was Cecilia and/or S. Bentley that fixed it.

My problem now is that right before the new year I paid the $40 to join U2.com...I emailed U2.com to tell let them know this but they said "we'll get back to you". Will I get a "propaganda-membership priority" at the time of presale? Will they give me the appropriate $20 discount? I'm not sure but I am still going to be persistant as hell.

Good luck to anyone who still doesn't have their code! Great letter dsmith2904!

Last edited:
bull's eye said:
I got my code yesterday!

I am guessing that it was Cecilia and/or S. Bentley that fixed it.

My problem now is that right before the new year I paid the $40 to join U2.com...I emailed U2.com to tell let them know this but they said "we'll get back to you". Will I get a "propaganda-membership priority" at the time of presale? Will they give me the appropriate $20 discount? I'm not sure but I am still going to be persistant as hell.

Good luck to anyone who still doesn't have their code! Great letter dsmith2904!

I'm in the same boat-- just gave up and paid the $40 a couple of weeks ago. BUT, I'm still trying to get my code out of them.

I wonder if it will really make a difference in terms of presale tickets-- I just can't imagine that these guys can keep all that straight. Probably membership at u2.com is all that counts-- how you got there I'm guessing won't matter.

About 3 weeks ago I called Fannyfire and they assured me my letter was being mailed out.
Today I get a fuckin email saying they have no record of me.
Fuckin raging is to put it mild. How u2 can get inlvolved in such an amatuerish organisation is beyond me.
Can Interference not let u2 know about this farce.

My credit card was finally credited today for the double amount that they billed me for. So with any luck, they're starting to get things straightened out there. :)

Well can you believe this...I checked my email this morning(wasn't online at all last night after leaving office), and at 4:24PM I got an email from Rob at orderhelp@fanfire.com with my Prop code. And at 5:14 PM I got an email from webmaster@u2.com with another Prop code...2 different codes.
So they are clearing things up, but definitely still don't know what they're doing.
The SBentley@signaturesnet.com email address was the last one I contacted, so I advise all still looking for a code to try that one.

ramblin rose said:
That SBentley person deserves a medal.

Maybe I'll send them some flowers.:wink:

Yes, SBentley is the (wo)man. I got my code this morning less than 24 hours after emailing them. Of course I'd already given up and coughed up the $40 a few weeks ago...

Received Code

After sending approximately 10 emails over the past three weeks trying to get my Prop. code, I sent 1 email to SBentley and received my code the next day. I recommend sending her a message.

Thanks for the tips folks, I eventually got my code from Mr/Ms Bentley today!

This U2.com/FanFire situation is just too scarey. I wonder what they'll mess up next. They sent me a prop code a week ago and I joined. Today I get this email:

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for your email. We have verified your information against the
list of current propaganda members and unfortunately your information is not
on it. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you have any questions, please contact us at orderhelp@FanFire.com or one
of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or 1-916-939-1000. (Please be sure
to include a copy of this email any reply.)

Best Wishes
Tammy
U2.com Customer Service

:lol: thats too much ms barb..shows they still haven't got their s*** together yet. somehow that doesn't surprise me.

They are the company of "automated-mass emails" thats for sure. sheesh!:mad:

Hopefully I've experienced my ONLY brush with "FanFire"!

Opened the dreaded holiday credit card bill this afternoon to find an unauthorized $40 charge from guess who!

Fortunately I had printed my $20 order from the beginning of December. I'm supposed to get a confirming email for my refund, although I already called my credit card co. to let them know of the disputed charge.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the presale tix. Maybe they'll double charge and send me two set of tix????? Actually all I care about is that everyone in the U2 family is healthy, whatever the tour status :)

I really hope all of you do receive what you are entitled too. But to tell you the truth I would never send this company any of my personal information or credit card numbers. This is worst than some of the ISP's and [insert company here] most of the other sites that will hit your credit card in an instant but one ever receives the credit or refund from the mistake untill 6 to 8 weeks or longer/never. I truly hope this gets resolved before tickets go on sale for any concert. Forget them, I've dealt with too many sites like this and really learned my lesson. Not trying to bum anyone out, but if you go into this, your eyes should be wide open by now. :(

Hewson said:
Well can you believe this...I checked my email this morning(wasn't online at all last night after leaving office), and at 4:24PM I got an email from Rob at orderhelp@fanfire.com with my Prop code. And at 5:14 PM I got an email from webmaster@u2.com with another Prop code...2 different codes.
So they are clearing things up, but definitely still don't know what they're doing.
The SBentley@signaturesnet.com email address was the last one I contacted, so I advise all still looking for a code to try that one.

I, like most, was in a predicament where I received no response from anyone regarding my Propaganda membership. I had emailed Propagand, U2.com, and everyone I could think of. As a measure of desparation, I emailed sbentley@signaturesnet.com last week. I still didn't receive a response. Yesterday, January 11th, I opened up the mail to find a U2.com membership card for my $20 discount. It looks like Ms. Bentley came through after all. I am pleasantly surprised. Let's hope that getting the actual concert tickets is not as difficult.

Ms. Barb guess what I got in my email box today...the same response as you. jeez these people are idiots.

Here's my response to the email:

Dear Tammy,
Well apparently you are wrong. I received my propaganda member disccount code from U2.com last week (1/4/2005 to be exact). You might want to check with the people that run u2.com before you send out your "automated mass email" to everyone who actually is a propaganda member such as I. Thanks but no thanks for this "personal" email response that only every other person has received from you and the folks at fanfire. By the way, a membership can't expire if it hasn't been fufilled. As I stated several times my membership didn't expire because propaganda stopped taking subscribers in 2001 which was within the time frame when I initially signed up as mentioned below.

I hope one day you folks at fanfire will have all this worked out in regards to your database of U2 Propaganda members, overcharging people who sign up to join the fanclub at u2.com who used the discount code but got charged $40 instead of $20 dollars.

Amy Phillips

Dear Amy,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately your information again is not
showing on our list of current propaganda members. The list that we have
has been updated to show all of the current propaganda members. If you are
not on the list, unfortunately your membership must have expired. We
apologize for any inconvenience.

Best Wishes
Tammy
U2.com Customer Service

all I can say is: arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:mad: :no: :banghead:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Ms. Barb guess what I got in my email box today...the same response as you. jeez these people are idiots.

Here's my response to the email:

Dear Tammy,
Well apparently you are wrong. I received my propaganda member disccount code from U2.com last week (1/4/2005 to be exact). You might want to check with the people that run u2.com before you send out your "automated mass email" to everyone who actually is a propaganda member such as I. Thanks but no thanks for this "personal" email response that only every other person has received from you and the folks at fanfire. By the way, a membership can't expire if it hasn't been fufilled. As I stated several times my membership didn't expire because propaganda stopped taking subscribers in 2001 which was within the time frame when I initially signed up as mentioned below.

I hope one day you folks at fanfire will have all this worked out in regards to your database of U2 Propaganda members, overcharging people who sign up to join the fanclub at u2.com who used the discount code but got charged $40 instead of $20 dollars.

Amy Phillips

Dear Amy,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately your information again is not
showing on our list of current propaganda members. The list that we have
has been updated to show all of the current propaganda members. If you are
not on the list, unfortunately your membership must have expired. We
apologize for any inconvenience.

Best Wishes
Tammy
U2.com Customer Service

all I can say is: arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:mad: :no: :banghead:

Reading her response tells me that she is still an idiot. You explained to her why your membership could not have expired but according to her logic since you are not on the list, IT MUST have.

What a bunch of idiots.

Good news as I posted on the other thread.

My 20 dollars got credited back to my account from Fanfire!

(hope somebody sees this waaay at the end)

I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but I definitely have not received anything from Propaganda yet, and time is getting short to register/subscribe to U2.com...what do those of us left in limbo do in this case???

If you are an existing Propaganda member, we have a special offer for you, so please do not subscribe until you receive your letter!

European members will receive your letter week commencing 22nd November 2004. North America and Rest of World members will receive your letter week commencing 29 November 2004.

So now that it's nearly 2 months later, and I've heard nothing from Prop, what do I do? :uhoh:

Discoteque said:
(hope somebody sees this waaay at the end)

I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but I definitely have not received anything from Propaganda yet, and time is getting short to register/subscribe to U2.com...what do those of us left in limbo do in this case???

So now that it's nearly 2 months later, and I've heard nothing from Prop, what do I do? :uhoh:

If you have your old Prop ID or any other proof of subscription, e-mail SBentley@signaturesnet.com with your info and you should get sorted out.

You don't necessarily need proof. I didn't provide any and I got my prop code. But then again, they did charge me $40 anyway which I haven't been able to get sorted out yet.

I got credited my $20 just last week too after being charged $40..... maybe they were fluffing the books for their fiscal 2004???

Question...to all those who have recieved their emails with Propaganda codes and membership cards and stuff, how long after you ordered did you start getting your stuff?

I ordered my membership back before Christmas. I never got any emails and nothing through the reg mail, like the membership card. I don't have a propaganda code for the early ticket sales either. I called the 1-800 number that was posted above and they let me know I would start receiving info in the next few days. Part of the problem was they had an invalid email address- partly my fault. Maybe there is hope after all.

mofo82 said:
Question...to all those who have recieved their emails with Propaganda codes and membership cards and stuff, how long after you ordered did you start getting your stuff?

I ordered my membership back before Christmas. I never got any emails and nothing through the reg mail, like the membership card. I don't have a propaganda code for the early ticket sales either. I called the 1-800 number that was posted above and they let me know I would start receiving info in the next few days. Part of the problem was they had an invalid email address- partly my fault. Maybe there is hope after all.

Nothing has been sent out about the presales, so don't worry, you haven't missed anything.

Back
Top Bottom