some reporters are so dumb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotpepper

War Child
I just sent this email to the reporter of the article in the link below:

Dear Mr. Saracevic,

Re: Your article in today's paper.

Too bad you had to spend $200 on a U2 ticket. I spent $45 dollars. No need to take out a loan for a good time like a U2 concert.

The people of Africa need a spokes person like Bono looking out for their best interest. The World Bank and IMF certainly don't.

Sincerely,
Lori Saltveit
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/05/19/BU217999.DTL&type=business

it's a shame...did he fall down the tree of ignorance and bias? and hit every branch on the way down?

His article was just seeping with sarcasm and that's what put me in the mood to reply.
wink.gif

This is what I wrote to him.

Dear Mr. Alan T. Saracevic,

In response to a few lines from your article...
"Bono is a hemorrhaging liberal using his celebrity to cast light on Africa's plight."
Like it or not, the public will tend to pay more attention to what a "celebrity" will say over someone who is not in the entertainment business. If Bono wants to use his "celebrity status" to at least try to make a difference in this world, I commend him.
I perceive this as a much more intelligent side project than... let's say.. making beer commercials.

"I'm still paying off the interest on my $200 U2 concert ticket from last summer"
That tells me you must be a U2 fan to cough up that much money to see them in concert. But I'm very sorry to be the one to tell you, if you paid $200.00 for a ticket, that scalper saw you coming... right?
I saw U2 twice in the past year and I didn't spend that much on a ticket. Sorry.....

"Should make for interesting theater, at least. If the turnout's good, I hear they're thinking of adding a couple of dates in Zimbabwe late in the summer, opening act TBA"
Better hurry up and pay off that interest, I see another $200.00 purchase coming up for you.

With Sincerity...

Back
Top Bottom