Some random U2 thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
U2.com was making money, hand over fist. Reports put paid membership at near 100k. Whoever is running the site was showing Paul M revenue figures approaching $4 million dollars since it launched. After what happened yesterday, the daily revenue numbers for U2.com must be in the toilet. Someone will have to write a report showing INCREDIBLE growth up until 1/25/05, then document a drop off not seen by a company since Coca Cola introduced "New Coke" back in the 80's. That same person will have to explain WHY the numbers dropped, and how to reverse the situation. Pray U2 are as greedy as many say they are, because if they are, they'll want to fix this and get revenue from U2.com building again.

U2 also run the risk of destroying their credibility. If one fan decides to sue the band (and I think this will happen) they're in for a PR nightmare. It doesn't matter if the suite wins or not, the negative PR will be strong enough to push Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby out of any "Best Album Of All Time" polls for years to come. "U2 Fan Sues Band" stories in the press will hurt sales of HTDAAB and future records.

And what about Bono and his charity work? This can't help that. His image will be tarnished. He'll have given detractors of his causes ample fodder for satirical cartoons and essays. He's always saying "politicians aren't afraid of me, they're afraid of our audience", what will he do when that audience is no longer there?

It's really in their best interest to fix this. For the current tour, and their legacy as artists. It's nice to see many people are finally getting through w/ their codes. But might the damage be to great if the band simply ignore what happened? I wish that U2 interview w/ 200 or so fans wasn't back in November. I wish it was tomorrow.

Good post Brau. I do believe they need to fix this, but a part of me also thinks that the band will want to make it up to us fans on more of a sentimental level. Now before all the trolls start posting here, I DON'T blindly praise everything U2 does. Sure, it will hurt their career if this problem isn't fixed and we are made happy. But yeah, I do still beleve that they care bout us, or they wouldn't have made such an amazing album that will translate into such a wonderful live spectacle.

MrBrau1 said:

Stop talking w/ your mouth full. Swallow my turd.

Oh my... the turd talk again...

Did you learn that word yesterday mate?

Turd turd turd turd...

MrBrau1 said:

Ha! Now anyone coming into this thread will be scared off by one guy, telling another guy, to eat his poo.

You know, we gotta shock and show them!

Um... yeah.
To put this thread back on topic...
I was checking out another forum and have found that both the Chicago Sun-Times and the Chicago Tribune are doing stories on the ticket mess. I don't think they'll be able to ignore what's happened for much longer...

*oops, that's the Sun-Times...:der:

Last edited:
U2dork said:
Um... yeah.
To put this thread back on topic...
I was checking out another forum and have found that both the Chicago Sunday Times and the Chicago Tribune are doing stories on the ticket mess. I don't think they'll be able to ignore what's happened for much longer...

They have to do someting, if only out of self interest. It looks like people are slowly getting tickets, but I'd like a statement from the band. Or a free CD of the first show as a "sorry, we fucked up gift" to all U2.com members.

MrBrau1 said:

You got tickets right? It took a while, but you got them?

Yeah, I got what I wanted. I got them pretty easily compared to everyone else - about thirty minutes into the presale. Did you have any luck?

beau2ifulday said:

Yeah, I got what I wanted. I got them pretty easily compared to everyone else - about thirty minutes into the presale. Did you have any luck?

No, I didn't try. I'm saving my password for the 3rd leg. If I don't get GA, I'll buy from a broker, and request my $ back from U2 .com. That was my plan BEFORE all this shit went down. The prices on Ebay are very high, they'll drop alot.
If I get GA in the presale, maybe I'll go to 2 shows, but I'm kinda relaxed, I saw them in Brooklyn for free.

U2_Guy said:
And what's the problem with being 12???:coocoo:

Yes!! I KNEW you were 12! :applaud:

Now here's some little green army men and a Mr. Potato head, go have fun!

MrBrau1 said:

No, I didn't try. I'm saving my password for the 3rd leg. If I don't get GA, I'll buy from a broker, and request my $ back from U2 .com. That was my plan BEFORE all this shit went down. The prices on Ebay are very high, they'll drop alot.
If I get GA in the presale, maybe I'll go to 2 shows, but I'm kinda relaxed, I saw them in Brooklyn for free.

So you're not vehemently anti-broker as some fans seem to be on this board?

Back
Top Bottom