Some punk band!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veranda

War Child
Some punk band U2 turned out to be LMAO!! I hear their songs on football commercials, movies and now this:

@U2 EXCLUSIVE (unconfirmed)

@U2 has learned that U2 is teaming up with U.S.-based retail chain Target for a Valentine's Day promotion. A Target employee has explained that the joint promo will include an exclusive "rare and remixed" CD to be sold only at Target stores. According to our source, the CD is expected to be available for sale as early as January 22nd. Our source also explains that there will be TV commercials and in-store displays to promote the CD.

Singer Sting did a similar promotion with Target stores in 2001, which included an exclusive 7-track CD with live tracks and remixes. It was sold for $6.99 (USD).

More info. to come as we get it...

? @U2, 2002.

Disclaimer:

I am NOT dissing the band for selling out. If you're good and people want you, why not take advantage of that? Me, I am proud that they are so popular they are being asked! I LOVE NFL football and now what could be better than U2 and football together? I know you all have different views on this and it would be interesting to discuss it here. Flame free, of course!

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Well I didn't know! Maybe not everyone has. Plus this isn't just about the article it's about the topic of 'selling out' in general.

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Well so not everyone can hang around here 24/7 and knows all this. No need to be rude. No wonder most of the PLEBA girls are afraid to post here.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom