some new album news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Saw this over at the log

Universal France have informed U2achtung.com U2?s new album release will be in March 2004.

Not really anything that could be a surprise but it is nice to hear something...........

Ah. Hopefully track listing is soon to follow with the date. Or at least the time frame which is now 3/04.

Good news

Sweet! We all kinda figured it would come out in March, but it's nice to hear some somewhat official word. I know that it's all hearsay, but it's not the kind of hearsay someone would really lie about. Anyway, great news. Let's look at U2's history of releasing albums.

Boy- October 1980
October - October 1981
War - March 1983
UF- October 1984
JT- March 1987
RH- October 1988
AB- November 1991
Zooropa- July 1993
Pop- March 1997
80-90- November 1998
ATYCLB- October 2000
90-00- November 2002

So as you can see, U2 release their albums either in March, or October/November. Zooropa is the oddball, but oh well. These are the two best times to release albums, as marketing research shows.

I hope it's on March 15th (World) and March 16th (USA). I live in the USA, and march 16th is my birthday. That'd be great. However, March 2nd would be better, cause I'd get it two weeks earlier. I'm sick of waiting. Just get it to my CD player as soon as possible!

Well, Zooropa is definitely the oddball of their albums... I say March 9,12 or 17, but that's just me. Let's hope that in 6 months form today we will all be listening to the new album!

Last edited:
When U2 says later this year, they actually mean early next year. When they say early next year, they actually mean late next year. So my guess is an October 2004 release. They never release on time anyway and they already have the trauma from POP when they had to release a hurried album and they ended up admitting it was unfinished and remixed virtually all of the tracks there. They learned their lesson so it will never happen again.

Cheers,

J

Well actually, U2 originally said the album would be released in fall 2003. So in their natural progression, it's been moved to March 2004. So therefore, it probably won't be moved again.

God, I hope not.
:(

I'm feelin' the St. Patty's Day arrival myself.... however I wish it were sooner. Anyone else feel like they can't breathe til' this CD hits the stands? Better yet...hits our CD players?!

I definately feel like that SoBe. But I've started to get into other artists as a means of distraction. So far, REM has been my great refuge. I've only listened to like two of their albums before, but I'm listening to more of them, and they're pretty awesome. Going to see them in 4 days in Cleveland. Should be awesome. I've just decided I need a serious break from U2. I still come here to check on the album's progress and just to post with ya'll, but I've been listening to barely any U2 for the past week or two. It eases the wait, makes it go faster.

january 2003..

now it?s march 2003...

I hope they don?t change the date again...
And the album will be released 4th March... Full Metal Jacket will pick a prize in the Grammy Awards... and the album too ;)

Back
Top Bottom