Some guy's dream = my FINAL U2 show idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
ok, so going thorugh on U2chile.net, the official chilean page, on the forum some guy tells a story of a dream of his, and in the dream he wakes up and sees on TV that U2 announces their retirement, and announced a farewell tour, with the bonus that their fans could make their own set lists and those would be submited to a poll and the best setlistS (more than one) would be played

and the rules were simple: it would be a 27 song setlist, with breaks on number 16 and 21

and the guy then gives his setlist... that I didn't like, so I made my own.. and I have to say, it's very convincing :wink:

the thing in bold are for us, nerdy fans :nerd:

and // means the songs are conected... "segues"

it should be a stadium, not Slane, because that crowd doesn't have a shape.... so let's say:

CROKE PARK

Intro 0: Wake Up/Everyone... the lights go off and on the screens begin 4 videos, one after another, that last the whole songs they're over

Intro 1: 11 O'Clock Tick Tock - History Video 76-80
Intro 2: Desire - History Video 80-90
Intro 3: Even Better Than The Real Thing - History Video 90-00
Intro 4: Windows In The Skies - History Video 00-The End - (the band enters the stage around the last chorus)

01 - Beautiful Day / Acrobat (snippet)
02 - Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet)
03 - Until The End Of The World//
04 - The Electric Co.
05 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For//
06 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)
07 - Out Of Control//
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - The Unforgettable Fire
10 - October//
11 - New Year's Day
12 - Angel Of Harlem - (ala Elevation)
13 - Stay (Faraway So Close) - (ala ZooTV)
14 - Van Diemen's Land
15 - Bad / '40' (snippet) //
16 - Walk On / Kite (snippet)

-------------
Video - GoodBye Confessionals - 5-10 mins - People, fans say goodbye

PopMusik
-------------

17 - MOFO (or Discotheque)//
18 - I Will Follow
19 - The Fly
20 - Mysterious Ways
21 - With Or Without You

-------------
Video - Band Confessionals - 5-10 mins - They say Goodbye to themselves and the fans
-------------

22 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses//
23 - City Of Blinding Lights
24 - One

-------------
2 minutes of goodbyes...
then a fan is brought up to the stage... I think they call him Pepo
-------------

25 - Party Girl
26 - '40'

-------------
5 minutes of "how long..." and then everything starts to become red... *
-------------

27 - MLK/Where The Streets Have No Name (confetti, fire works at the end, champagne, tears... everything)

* I started to think about that and got emotional :sad:

I hope you liked it... and if you make one, try to follow the rules :D

Last edited:
I'm not going to make my own list. Yours looks good to me, especially the end.

(Maybe not fireworks. :wink: )

.Lovely.

The end sounds amazing. I have simulated that final concert a thousand times over in my head and put WTSHNN near the end nearly every time.

I'm curious though if U2 is the type of band that would really go out with one big...BANG (like the one you wrote out above).

Anyways, I think that sad day will be a ways off, so the setlist will be moved around a lot.

I think the nightmare version of the concert would be an entire setlist of Red Light.

I'd wake up screaming from that. :wink:

what's "the end" for you... just MLK/Streets or more like me, from Wild Horses on?

thanks for replying :D

Just as you have it, but maybe without the fireworks. :wink:

On a different day, I might rework the setlist, but tonight it looks great to me. :up:

pepokiss said:

it should be a stadium, not Slane, because that crowd doesn't have a shape.... so let's say:

CROKE PARK

I liked your setlist a lot, but I've got to say, having been to Slane a couple of times, seeing U2 there once, and having seen U2 in Croke Park twice, there is absolutely no comparison. For atmosphere, sound and everything, Slane is so so much the superior venue. The whole venue is a natural amphitheatre sound-wise and there's always a brilliant vibe about the place.

Other than that, I like the idea, but it'd be next to impossible to get tickets!

Awesome setlist , and I always thought that u2's last concert should be ended with Streets

I mean 40 and others are great , but to finish with such a superb energy like streets , and the final line as "Wanna go there with you" sounds perfect

So glad you decided your dream included them playing their final show in Ireland.

So obviously some guy in Chile is stealing your dreams. Maybe you should go to a clinic while you still are sane. Lack of REM sleep's a real killa.

Bug said:
Red Hill Mining Town should be in there somewhere. :sad:
Great setlist though. I'd pay to see it. :drool:

Amen to that! the most underrated song on JT IMHO, I could listen to that for hours, in fact......Sometimes I do :drool:

I agree with the "As long as I have a ticket" sentiment too :sad:

I think Kite might be a fitting end? lets face it it is about the end, albeit of Bob RIP

Sounds good to me.
the only thing I would say is New Years Day should follow Untill The End Of The World.

Reason?

It Just should

Listen to any performance where the two are played together It works Always has always will

Pretty awesome setlist Pepokiss. I agree 100% with Streets ending the show. In my opinion no others ong in the history of music would or coudl cap a career as great as Streets could. It's so uplifting yet with a hint of sadness. It would be perfect. I made my own list and it pretty much was the same as yours but with a few changes(which I highlighted in red).

CROKE PARK

Intro 0: Wake Up/Everyone... the lights go off and on the screens begin 4 videos, one after another, that last the whole songs they're over

Intro 1: 11 O'Clock Tick Tock - History Video 76-80
Intro 3: Even Better Than The Real Thing - History Video 90-00
Intro 4: Windows In The Skies - History Video 00-The End - (the band enters the stage around the last chorus)

01 - Beautiful Day
02 - Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet)
03 - Until The End Of The World
04 - New Year's Day
05 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
06 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)
07 - Out Of Control
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - The Unforgettable Fire
10 - October
11 - The Electric Co.
12 - Elevation
13 - Angel Of Harlem
14 - Stay (Faraway So Close) - (ala ZooTV)
15 - All I Want is You
16 - Bad

-------------
Video - GoodBye Confessionals - 5 mins - People, fans say goodbye

PopMusik
-------------

17 - MOFO (or Discotheque)
18 - Lemon
19 - The Fly
20 - Acrobat
21 - With or Without You

-------------
Video - Band Confessionals - 5-10 mins - They say Goodbye to themselves and the fans
-------------

22 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
23 - Mysterious Ways
24 - One

-------------
2 minutes of goodbyes...
then a fan is brought up to the stage... I think they call him Hallucination
-------------

25 - Walk On
26 - '40'

-------------
5 minutes of "how long..." and then everything starts to become red... *
-------------

27 - MLK/Where The Streets Have No Name (confetti, Massive huge light explosions(not fireworks) at the end, champagne, tears... everything)

Last edited:
Here would be my ideal setlist.

CROKE PARK

Intro 1: Stories for Boys - History Video 76-80
Intro 3: Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - History Video 90-00
Intro 4: Window In The Skies - History Video 00-The End - (the band enters the stage around the last chorus)

01 - City of Blinding Lights
02 - Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet)/ Two Hearts Beat As One (snippet)
03 - I Will Follow / Into the Heart (snippet)
04 - Gloria
05 - Beautiful Day / In God's Country (snippet)
06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 - All I Want Is You / Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (snippet)
08 - Out Of Control
09 - Dirty Day
10 - Please
11 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock the Casbah (snippet) / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
12 - Bullet the Blue Sky
13 - Running to Stand Still / Miss Sarajevo (snippet)
14 - October
15 - New Year's Day
16 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)

-------------

PopMusik
-------------

17 - MOFO
18 - Discotheque
19 - Lemon
20 - The Fly
21 - One

-------------
-------------

22 - Mysterious Ways
23 - With or Without You
24 - Acrobat
25 - Bad
26 - '40'

-------------
5 minutes of "how long..." and then everything starts to become red... the band members walk on one by one like during the Joshua Tree tour
-------------

27 - MLK/Where The Streets Have No Name (confetti, Massive huge light explosions(not fireworks) at the end, champagne, tears... everything)

Joey788 said:
Here would be my ideal setlist.

CROKE PARK

Intro 1: Stories for Boys - History Video 76-80
Intro 3: Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - History Video 90-00
Intro 4: Window In The Skies - History Video 00-The End - (the band enters the stage around the last chorus)

01 - City of Blinding Lights
02 - Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet)/ Two Hearts Beat As One (snippet)
03 - I Will Follow / Into the Heart (snippet)
04 - Gloria
05 - Beautiful Day / In God's Country (snippet)
06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 - All I Want Is You / Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (snippet)
08 - Out Of Control
09 - Dirty Day
10 - Please
11 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock the Casbah (snippet) / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
12 - Bullet the Blue Sky
13 - Running to Stand Still / Miss Sarajevo (snippet)
14 - October
15 - New Year's Day
16 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)

-------------

PopMusik
-------------

17 - MOFO
18 - Discotheque
19 - Lemon
20 - The Fly
21 - One

-------------
-------------

22 - Mysterious Ways
23 - With or Without You
24 - Acrobat
25 - Bad
26 - '40'

-------------
5 minutes of "how long..." and then everything starts to become red... the band members walk on one by one like during the Joshua Tree tour
-------------

I agree with EVERYTHING in the setlist, but I want a huge fireworks show at the end of the concert... just makes it something loud and more special...

I actually quite like that! :up: Especially the ending, with the fans and the band saying goodbye. And the perfect end with MLK/Streets. Streets probably should be the last song U2 ever play!

I am getting a tad emotional myself thinking about it :sad: I wonder will the band even know their last gig will be their last gig when they do it (it's possible they plan future tours after it but for whatever reasons they never come to fruition). Hopefully if they DO have a final show, I will be in attendance :wink: Will certainly do everything in my power to get tickets anyway, it would be a once in a lifetime experience, no monetary amount could make it not worthwhile.

I got quite emotional and shaken up reading that...but I don't think any other song could end U2's final concert as well as Streets. I had always imagined Mercy/40, but this thread has change my mind.

Let's just hope the final concert is still a long way away, but before U2 become stale...

Back
Top Bottom