some details on the new album formats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
U2log.com:

Album release format details
We?ve received some more details on the four different formats U2?s new album will be released in:

CD & DVD limited deluxe box w/ 48 page booklet
CD & DVD limited in clear tray
regular 1 CD version
vinyl

Bah, they shouldn't even include those last three.....we'll all want that expensive ultra mega edition. :drool:

How about info on the singles ??
Will they include B-tracks :drool: ??
Or live outtakes again :madspit: ??

GO ALBUM GO !!!

Last edited:
Hello there.

Long time reader, first time contributor.

This DVD with the original CD release intrigues me. What can we expect ?. Will there be videos alredy cut for a number of singles. Will there be an album "making of documentary" with interviews etc..

What have other bands included in this original DVD format before.

The DVD will be the television show "A year in POP" from 1997, which they've remixed.

:shifty:

^^^^^ I wouldn't mind having the "A Year In Pop" on DVD. I think as a crazy U2 fan I'll have to go with the box set.

To answer an earlier questions, it is now a standard marketing tool to include a DVD with some CD releases. Bands usually put a video from the first single and some behind the scenes in the studio babble.

I'm interested to see what U2 is going to put on this album. It could be really cool in studio stuff.

I would expect that the least we will get on the DVD is one video of the first single and a 'Making Of' the album.

Metallica put a DVD as well with their last album and it was them playing all the songs of the album in their studio/ jam space, if U2 does this my jaw will fall right to the ground and emergency medics will have to be called to attend. :shocked:

Last edited:
Metallica's DVD was pure genius. All the songs off of St. Anger have been played live on the DVD, so there's no question as to what they would sound like or how they could translate over.

Imagine if U2 had done that with ATYCLB - Grace and When I Look At The World live!

Maybe it will be a 60 minute mega-mix rave with crazy psychediellic visuals running alongside the remixes of the tracks.

Even if it is released on the net or itunes, it doesn't matter. (Well, it does to them) I will still be buying the box set. Releasing it on vinyl is interesting too. Is vinyl making a come back?

I guess I'll get the first one -- limited edition...

Anyway: it's great they'll have a vinyl too!
I have the machine to listen to vinyls... But my vinyls are ALL old stuff -- even if I've some really great ones! Vinyl's so fascinating:drool:

Back
Top Bottom