Some alternate ways to handle the HTDAAB leak...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

learn2kneel

War Child
1. Listen to the songs with no restraint
2. Abstain till Nov. 23
3. Treat yourself to one new song each day till the abum comes out (start on the 13th)
4. Listen to only the tracks you've already heard in the higher quality
5. Listen to a couple of the new less popular tracks like one step closer and crumbs from your table and save the rest till nov. 23
6. Listen to all the songs non stop for one day and then delete the and don't listen again till nov.23

Which one are you doing?
Does anyone else have ideas of what to do?
Personally, I'm doing number 6...

I'm abstaining until nov 23. It's gonna take a lot of effort from me, but it's the best thing to do.

I'm debating whether or not to take the CD with me in the car. I'm afraid my 15 minute drive to work might have to be extended to 50 minutes because I won't be able to stop listening midway.

Sentimentalists

This is creazy we all swap songs all year long, most still available in shops and don't feel a thing. A new album comes and you all of a sudden get this sentimental morality based on zip!!

let's be consistent not Pharisees!!!!

CT

Well, I could wait for a coupla week till the official release.

But since this will be the only CD I'll listen to the next 2 yrs, what's a few extra weeks on my playlist.:wink:

Re: Sentimentalists

Craig Tasker said:
This is creazy we all swap songs all year long, most still available in shops and don't feel a thing. A new album comes and you all of a sudden get this sentimental morality based on zip!!

let's be consistent not Pharisees!!!!

CT

That's assuming a lot.

7. Limit yourself to a dial up connection and take an hour and a half to download 3 tracks from that bloke's dodgy web site (I got MD, LAPOE, OOTS only)

matt76 said:
7. Limit yourself to a dial up connection and take an hour and a half to download 3 tracks from that bloke's dodgy web site (I got MD, LAPOE, OOTS only)

I think, this way is the most effective

I listened to it yesterday, and now I can't find the files on my computer. I guess I needed to take an extra step and save the files - I'm an idiot when it comes to downloading music from the Internet, I do it so seldom. I guess I could download again since I have broadband and it's not a huge bother, but I think I will just wait until Nov. 23 to hear it again. If I get really desperate, there's always the streaming on Nov. 16 at the NME site.

My option is to wait till the streaming version on Nov. 16. It's actually fun to read the reviews though. I have to admit that waiting for MD is the hardest part.

Not listed - Remix all the tracks into 9 minute crappy dance tunes and then give them ridiculous titles, such as "Love and Peace Or Else (Galactic Hamster Wheel Mix)".

No one else is doing number 6...
i think its good because you get to still get to quench your U2 thirst and you don't feel left out on new album discussions but you also get the freshness of listening to the album on its release date (since it would have been a couple of weeks since you last heard it)

Jam Jar said:

:up: same here. we've been waiting for four years for a new album, but the band wanted us to wait, so a few more days can't hurt.

How can you be waiting four years?

I think the people who are depriving themselves are weak. I want to listen to the record. I WILL listen to the record. So I do. And I'm glad I do, because it makes me happy. If denying yourslef pleasue makes you strong, I wanna be weak. I'll buy several copies, no skin off the bands back.

Back
Top Bottom