Solo Project.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henke_149

Babyface
Edge appeared on a entertainment show in the UK this morning stating that he was taking a year out from the band to work on a solo project.Apparently it is something he has been wanting to do for a while and this was part of the reason the European dates were cancelled.He said the band would still be in the studio recording album tracks and that Brian Eno would be taking his place on guitar.He made it clear that it wasnt a sign the band were breaking up and that he will tour this album with the band although it will not be his material.
It will be interesting to see what sort of stuff Edge comes up with as ive always rated him an excellent singer.

Cheers.
Henke.

What? A U2 album without the Edge on Guitar. This doesn't sound right to me. Edge's guitar sound is part of what makes U2!

Does this seem fishy to anyone else? I really can't see them recording an album without involvement from all four of them.

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Originally posted by henke_149:
Edge appeared on a entertainment show in the UK this morning stating that he was taking a year out from the band to work on a solo project.Apparently it is something he has been wanting to do for a while and this was part of the reason the European dates were cancelled.He said the band would still be in the studio recording album tracks and that Brian Eno would be taking his place on guitar.He made it clear that it wasnt a sign the band were breaking up and that he will tour this album with the band although it will not be his material.
It will be interesting to see what sort of stuff Edge comes up with as ive always rated him an excellent singer.

Cheers.
Henke.

let me be the first to say, nice try
smile.gif

*Looks at date*

Before anyone else points it out. Yes, I am very gullible*!!

I remember one year about 8 years ago the local alternative station said that U2 broke up during the morning newscast. Didn't announce the joke until noon. I think that it was one of the worst mornings of my life.

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Back
Top Bottom