Solo Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2mixer

War Child
Imagine the band has split up :sad: and Bono goes solo - which I reckon he would.

One day you see him on some chat show duetting with an 'in' celebrity and you think to yourself "Aw, remember U2. I wish they would reform for a farewell tour" sniff! :sad:

Ok? Got the picture!

Do you really think Bono could make a go of it solo or would he drift into the type of celeb who only makes it as a guest on cheesey chat shows who always introduce him as 'the ex-U2 frontman'?

Would his political clout diminish with his fame?

We all know Bono has done some awful duets and has (IMO) the worst musical taste in the band so would his musical career be a disaster also?

I love Bono (in a totally platonic male-bonding way, of course ;) ), but I'd hate to see him fade away.

My nightmare's include -
Bono goes into the Big Brother house.
Bono's own chat show where he duets with no name z-list celebs.
Bono burger van.
Bono's 'Bono sings U2 - all new remixes' double album (available at K-Mart only)
Bono the performing clown.
Bono's New Years Day ( ;) ) work out.
Bono runs for president of the US.
Bono and Cher.
Bono's Search for a rock star.
Bono's 1 hour open-top tours of Dublin : half-price on Sunday 'bloody sundays' ;)
Bono and how he lost 10 stone.
Bono dies on the toilet eating a hamburger.
Bono goes back to college.
Bono - get a free plastic one with every happy meal.
Bono 'I am totally innocent! I picked up the blooded knife at the crime scene' news headline.
Bono and Oprah - a time to love.
Bono takes you on a tour of the Playboy Mansion (actually, this could be quite good!)
Bono on how he felt he was always a woman trapped in a man's body.
Bono's Wrestlemania.
Bono new paperback entitled 'I carried the other 3'.
Bono saying "Do you want fries with that".
Bono marries Pamela Anderson.
Bono 'Where Are They Now?'.
Bono selling maps in Beverly Hills.
Bono's Disney Channel - or YOU TV a Disney franchise.
Bono votes Republican.
Bono votes Democrat.
Bono marries a horse.

You get the picture ;)

:eyebrow:

:lol:

But, to be ontopic: Bono himself said in the book"Bono on Bono" that he couldn't be a solo artist, coz he is an "emotional, operatic character", and he needs to be surrounded. I liked this line
" I can't imagine what it would be not to have - when extraordinary, ridiculous, over-the-top things just happened to me - Edge or Larry to speak through the side of my mouth about something ridiculous and laugh to ourselves." He said even while making an album he needs arguing, somebody raw, some kind of push. So I think you don't have to worry about this particular nightmare coming true! :wink:

Bono marries a horse :lmao: And what the hell did he do with Ali? Or did she finally have enough of having five children and divorce the clown? :lmao:
Sugar. High. Ahhh. Me likey.

I'm surprised Edge never went solo, or never did a mini-EP. The materials there - Seconds, Van Dieman's Land, Numb... and he basically does back up vocals for almost every song.

You know, I was thinking the other day about this. As I bought my John Lennon 2 disc set :drool: I was thinking.. what if years from now, U2 disbanded and Bono went solo. Would he be any good? As good as Lennon? Better? Cos I'm sure everybody will agree that he has already become a rock icon.. much like Lennon! Will a solo career, even if it's short, set his iconic status further in stone? Or will it spoil it? I don't know. :hmm:

Bono buys hyperbolic chamber
Bono buys Michael Jackson
Bono sells Michael Jackson to Paul McCartney for first Eastman Kodak brownie camera
Bono goes digital, sells camera to Lisa Marie
Bono, Lisa Marie and Priscilla run to faraway island

:der:

EDIT: What the hell? I posted this comment in another thread and it ended up in this one! :huh:

Yes, let's make a list of all the horrible things that could happen with Bono if U2 split up!! :hyper:

I don't really want Bono to have a solo career. I hope U2 stays U2 for a long, long time.

I'm surprised that Bono hasn't put out a solo album or attempted an acting career. Then again I seem to assume that all frontmen have careers similar to that of Mick Jagger. :wink:

indra said:

I don't have 2/3's of U2's albums, but I have the soundtrack to Captive. Go figure. :rolleyes:

:lol: Is it cos you only like a certain style of theirs? I'm curious.. which albums do you have?

catlhere said:
Bono needs to join Celebrity Fit Club... He's getting a little belly. :wink:

Unlike me, who's getting his belly back just from sheer laziness, Bono's belly is due to his bad back. I've read comments in the press stating how annoyed he is that he's gaining weight because he's unable to work out. So alas, even if Bono joined the club, it would do no good. Methinks it's time for a bit of back surgery after the tour...

Zootlesque said:

:lol: Is it cos you only like a certain style of theirs? I'm curious.. which albums do you have?

I used to buy just about everything I could find related to U2. :wink:

I own Boy through Rattle & Hum...and then my interest just kinda waned.

U2mixer said:

My nightmare's include -
Bono goes into the Big Brother house.
Bono's own chat show where he duets with no name z-list celebs.
Bono burger van.
Bono's 'Bono sings U2 - all new remixes' double album (available at K-Mart only)
Bono the performing clown.
Bono's New Years Day ( ;) ) work out.
Bono runs for president of the US.
Bono and Cher.
Bono's Search for a rock star.
Bono's 1 hour open-top tours of Dublin : half-price on Sunday 'bloody sundays' ;)
Bono and how he lost 10 stone.
Bono dies on the toilet eating a hamburger.
Bono goes back to college.
Bono - get a free plastic one with every happy meal.
Bono 'I am totally innocent! I picked up the blooded knife at the crime scene' news headline.
Bono and Oprah - a time to love.
Bono takes you on a tour of the Playboy Mansion (actually, this could be quite good!)
Bono's Wrestlemania.
Bono new paperback entitled 'I carried the other 3'.
Bono saying "Do you want fries with that".
Bono marries Pamela Anderson.
Bono 'Where Are They Now?'.
Bono selling maps in Beverly Hills.
Bono's Disney Channel - or YOU TV a Disney franchise.
Bono votes Republican.
Bono votes Democrat.
Bono marries a horse.

You get the picture ;)

Bono joins international touring troupe of "The Full Monty." :wink:

that's a good one :wink:

Back
Top Bottom