Solo Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yimou

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Another appreciation thread ????,, Yep :wink:

When I Look At The World Time: 2.45 - 3.01

Its not really what Edge is playing but rather the sound of the solo. Somebody mentioned that it sounds like Bowie/Eno in the 70´s and that might be true. Nomatter what then the sound effects are some of the best i have heard in any solo by The Edge.

:up: To the effects.

Next

Love Is Blindness Time: 3:17 - 3:57

Perfect for the song. Powerful. Emotional. Even more special live. He's playing like he's trying to make the walls come down, and I absolutely love it.

Good thread, yimou :up:

All I Want Is You Time: 3:44 - 4:27

it carries on the buildup from Bono's "All I want is YOOOOUUU-HOOOO". this is probably my favorite part of the song.

yimou said:
[/B]

I think more 2:36 - 3:01

-

Mysterious Ways - Live in Dublin 1993.

5:06 - 5:27 (on MY MP3, you'll know the bit I mean)

I don't really make a habit out of saying things like this, but the first time I heard it I was bloody amazed...second time, it made me go Cold! :ohmy:

yimou said:
Another appreciation thread ????,, Yep :wink:

Its not really what Edge is playing but rather the sound of the solo. Somebody mentioned that it sounds like Bowie/Eno in the 70´s and that might be true. Nomatter what then the sound effects are some of the best i have heard in any solo by The Edge.

:up: To the effects.

Next

I think agree with you if you're talking about the slide with the weird delay/ echo thing. Would like to see more of that from the Edge the next time around.

xtihn said:
All I Want Is You Time: 3:44 - 4:27

it carries on the buildup from Bono's "All I want is YOOOOUUU-HOOOO". this is probably my favorite part of the song.

Oh my god. I was just getting ready to post a thread with the title "42 Seconds of Pure Sonic Bliss." I agree with you completely.

All I Want Is You -- 3:47 to 4:29

Best Edge solo ever

:heart:

Re: Re: Solo Appreciation

blahblahblah said:

I think more 2:36 - 3:01

Nope :madspit: My appreciation do not include the first 9 secs

:wink:

How has no one mentioned these masterpieces yet??

Even Better Than the Real Thing 2:10 - 2:41 :drool: :drool:

Until the End of the World 2:01 - 2:33 :drool: :drool: :drool:

Re: Re: Solo Appreciation

blahblahblah said:

-

Mysterious Ways - Live in Dublin 1993.

5:06 - 5:27 (on MY MP3, you'll know the bit I mean)

I don't really make a habit out of saying things like this, but the first time I heard it I was bloody amazed...second time, it made me go Cold! :ohmy:

Good solo but Bono doesn't hit the first note afterwards right (the "i'll give you roses" line).

Houston was better

inmyplace13 said:
Love Is Blindness Time: 3:17 - 3:57

Perfect for the song. Powerful. Emotional. Even more special live. He's playing like he's trying to make the walls come down, and I absolutely love it.

Good thread, yimou :up:

:up: that solo is :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

miss becky said:
How has no one mentioned these masterpieces yet??

Even Better Than the Real Thing 2:10 - 2:41 :drool: :drool:

Until the End of the World 2:01 - 2:33 :drool: :drool: :drool:

:drool:

because i was waiting for you to mention them. :wink:

I like the "less in more" slide solo in Kite.

From the Bomb, I think Miracle tried tied with All because of you is my favorite.

The fly is the best solo Edge has ever done, definete Hendrix influence in that wah wah sound. Achtung baby has the best solo's Edge has ever done all the way through that album, Even better, Until the end of the world, The fly, acrobat, Love is blindness....The Edge was definetly on fire for that album, and when the latest stuff was described by Bono as "Edge is doing extraordinary stuff with the guitar" I expected a similar guitar fest as Achtung baby but alas Bono was talking out of his arse....again!:wink:

Acrobat Time: 2:53 - 3:32

it doesn't sound as dynamic as...say, the fly solo...but i think the edge does a good job of carrying the mood of the song to the end chorus.

If no one was going to mention Acrobat that would have been the next one I said. :up: incredible guitar work throughout that track.

Back
Top Bottom