SOI Promotional Apearances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dan_smee

ONE love, blood, life
Thought it was time a thread was started to list each appearance as it is announced. First one from @u2:

"With the physical release of Songs Of Innocence about a week away, the U2 promotional campaign is gearing up. The band is due to appear next Sunday, October 12, on an Italian TV show called Che Tempo Che Fa. It airs at 8:10 pm local time (in Italy) on the RAI 3 channel. The band's appearance was announced during tonight's program, and also on Twitter:"

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I guess the "one song" that was announced for the show will be "The Miracle".

I hope to see more songs from the album performed live, can't wait for those acoustic radio performances Bono was talking about. Also, it will be nice to see the band perform live again, not only hear them on interviews and such.

On the 4th show in the current series of the Graham Norton Show which airs on Friday 17th October there is no musical guest listed as yet, which I think is unusual? Neil Diamond is musical guest on 10th October.

4/22 Graham Norton is joined by Robert Duvall, Robert Downey Jr and Stephen Fry.

So far SNL only has announced up to October 11th. It would be perfect timing for them to do the October 18th slot...

I cant believe theres only 1 show thats been announced so far.

And its in Italy?? Very strange.

I still think there will probably be more promo right AFTER the release than before because of the unique position they are in with the album being currently free...

Hopefully there will be more announced very soon. I still remember the whole circus that was happening when NLOTH was released, and there wasn't even that much time between album release and tour kick-off.

Agree about Jools Holland, btw, that would be very cool :up:

How far behind is the US airing of Jools Holland on that Palladia channel? Do we get it around/on the same dates?

I'm guessing it's fairly current here, as the last episode had FKA Twigs and Jungle, so acts that are out there right now, and I think next one is Hozier.

U2 playing 3 new tracks next Wednesday on the joe whiley show bbc radio 2

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I've always wanted to see them on the Jools Holland show. I think it will be a challenge for them as they usually like to create their own live space. Here they will be another guest.

Then again....Glastonbury.... :-/

Expecting Miracle, another new one (Volcano?) and probably Beautiful Day. But I want Sleep Like a Baby Tonight, raised by Wolves and Acrobat. :)

I'm surprised they weren't given a show to themselves like REM and Radiohead have had in previous years. Perhaps from the backlash from U2 being on the BBC for the release of their last album? Even though it was only a few shows.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Tuesday,wednesday and friday on the bbc then? i wonder if they will do the graham norton show which is recorded on a thursday night and shown on a friday. The only other chat show is alan carr on channel 4. Jonathan Ross isnt on at the moment.

X factors live shows start the weekend dont they ?? Just saying ( i bloody hope not my wife would rip me to pieces)

Back
Top Bottom