SOI Promotional Apearances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to record sale projections SOI is going to do 25-30 k in its first week in america

I really don't think this is accurate. I think they must be going by first day sales and not preorders.

I could be wrong but if Billboard stated they would sell 70k based on pre-orders ALONE, it might be more logical that the sales will be 70k+30k, so at least 100k.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I really don't think this is accurate. I think they must be going by first day sales and not preorders.

I could be wrong but if Billboard stated they would sell 70k based on pre-orders ALONE, it might be more logical that the sales will be 70k+30k, so at least 100k.

This is from some chart tracking website
YOUR EARLY READS: Next week’s retail picture is still a bit hazy, but we have a few early numbers for y’all to chaw on.

Florida Georgia Line (Republic Nashville) 180-200k
Bob Seger (Capitol) 50-60k
You+Me (RCA) 40-50k
Hoodie Allen (Hoodie Allen) 35-45k
U2 (Interscope) 25-30k
Jessie J (Lava/Republic) 20-25k
Nico & Vinz (Warner Bros.) 10-15k

YOUR EARLY READS: Next week’s retail picture is still a bit hazy, but we have a few early numbers for y’all to chaw on.

You+Me (RCA) 40-50k
U2 (Interscope) 25-30k

I know it is, Hits Daily Double is a site I frequent a lot and they are usually pretty good at predicting sales.

I still think they might be missing something in their totals but I could be wrong (I hope not)

You+Me (RCA) 40-50k
U2 (Interscope) 25-30k

Had U2 released this album the normal way, they'd probably sell twice as much as Florida Georgia Line. It may not have gone platinum in the US, but few albums do. The press is gonna take this and run with it.

True, but it would fit a fine narrative by the plethora of haters out there on social media - NME, Stereogum, Consequence of Sound, Popmatters, etc...
that would go NUTS on this and give yet another black eye to an album I happen to love.

I knew the numbers would be fairly low. This low, I did not expect. Who knows, maybe EBW will get to radio and it will stay steady on the charts for a while.

Either way, just a little disappointing.

Blame The Miracle

I've stopped caring about what the media or others think. It's nothing personal if people don't like what my favorite band are doing or have done. Makes the music much more enjoyable.

And I hope U2 can feel the same way. They don't seem to care they've caused so much HURT in the world by giving away their album for free.

The acoustic sessions are fine. Again, if this is a band that really wants relevance, you'd think they'd bombard us. It feels to me they're really proud of these songs and want to do things their way.

And for everyone that hates U2, I'm sure it'll be real easy to get tickets to their shows when they announce the tour...

#1 on best buy
#2 on Amazon

This is what is perplexing to me...

SOI has been on the top 10 in presales for a couple weeks, now in the top 3 on Amazon.
Now number one at Best Buy.
Add in places like Target and Walmart (I know)
and local shops and I just don't see how this could possibly only sell 30k.

UPDATE - SOI is number 15 at Target. And this is with Target completely shitting on them. The album isn't even listed on their new releases.

Anyway, sales of 30k seems really strange with them ranking up there at these retailers.

I'm pretty sure we'll be having full band for BBC.

It's like B & E are doing the "warm-up" shows for the "real" promo tour.

I like the acoustic versions, but I want to hear full-band versions now. Casual music fans might start to think U2 only consists of 2 people nowadays.

Still, no MEH from me, it's just good to hear and see them again.

Next time with the other 2 guys, please :)
Even when the other two join they're probably still just going to do acoustic sessions.

Because they're out of their fucking minds.

I mean.... the album was given away for over a month. It's not The Miracle's fault.

The Miracle is evil. It's all The Miracle's fault. The Miracle whispered into U2's collective ears and brains to make the Apple deal. The Apple deal is a deal with the devil, The Miracle wanted it that way. The Miracle has a devilish life of its own. If only U2 knew what The Miracle would be capable of they would have burnt it and buried the remains in the grounds somewhere in a far off place. But they didn't. Now The Miracle is continuing its destructive work around the globe. Just look what it's doing to us :no:

the miracle is evil. It's all the miracle's fault. The miracle whispered into u2's collective ears and brains to make the apple deal. The apple deal is a deal with the devil, the miracle wanted it that way. The miracle has a devilish life of its own. If only u2 knew what the miracle would be capable of they would have burnt it and buried the remains in the grounds somewhere in a far off place. But they didn't. Now the miracle is continuing its destructive work around the globe. Just look what it's doing to us :no:

:) :) :)

Miami radio band interview
U2 Releases Video For 'The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)' -- Rod Gets to Interview U2!! | Rod Ryan Show Links and Guests on 94.5 The Buzz
Tune in to iHeartRadio Icons Live: U2 The Making of Songs of Innocence
Hosted by Rod Ryan of 94.5 The Buzz
Time: 7pm ET / 6pm CT THIS FRIDAY Oct. 17

Listen Live on iHeartRadio

Our Classic Rock station mentioned this yesterday as well as part of the iHeartRadio icon series they will air an interview with Larry and Bono this Friday evening. They said to stay tuned for the times. It seems it could be a broadcast to all iHeart stations.

Hope they make this available after the interview airs live. I have a concert Friday night. Phantogram!

They really fucked the couch on this release... their desperation for this alleged "relevance" turned them into a punch line, and they actually had an album that didn't need any help.

That's the most aggravating part. The album is GOOD. I'm not convinced it would've been a huge hit and sold boatloads, but at this point in their careers they just needed to make exactly the album they gave us, and just let it be. It would've been critically acclaimed, the hipsters/haters wouldn't have acknowledged it at all, and they'd be riding a very different wave right now. The very publications and media sources who ripped it up one side and down the other probably would've been kinder, because they'd have been rating THE MUSIC, not the controversy. They can defend their decision all they want... at this point, it's all they can do. But it was the wrong decision.

Oh well, at least I have a great album to listen to, which is all that really matters in the end.

The album will go top three, and the numbers hits daily double is showing I can't imagine reflect pre orders because it's been widely reported how many there have been, and it's more than 20k. Album will do 85-100 thousand in week one, whether that's enough for #1 we'll have to see

https://twitter.com/U2uruguay/status/522446734174068736

10727302_744946925543105_575977138_n.jpg

I like the "ramones" look! Hey, Ho, Let's Go!!

10727272_395946540556999_453263597_n.jpg

I'm seriously digging the stripey shirt. And that's a whole lot of equipment for one acoustic guitar... hooray for the full band!

I doubt these Bono + Edge acoustic performances were pre-planned. There must be some reason reason Adam and Larry aren't there. Scheduling problems or personal stuff or something. Because why in the world would they intentionally do this, thinking it was a good idea. If they're doing it to promote the bonus disc, that's just stupid. They need to promote the actual fucking album, not a bunch of watered-down acoustic renditions of the songs.

Sorry but that theory does not hold water. In 36 years one member has missed one gig because he was at rock bottom. They've been through the deaths of parents, cancer and birth of children, and who knows how many business and marital crisis and never missed, and yet we are to think that not one member but half the band just can't make it for reasons? No, they planned it.

Back
Top Bottom