SOI Promotional Apearances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It wouldnt surprise me if all the promos were done like this. At the end of the day 26 million people have the full band version,now their trying to get people to buy something they havent got which is the 2nd deluxe disc.

Which could be done had they played Crystal Ballroom or Lucifer's hands or Invisible.

Not the songs already on the album.

It would be funny if The2 will indeed play the whole promo tour. EBW is good in this shape, Miracle is boring.

It would be funny if The2 will indeed play the whole promo tour. EBW is good in this shape, Miracle is boring.

Everyone needs to listen to Adam's 98FM Dublin interview from last week. He -clearly- states that the whole band is in France together rehearsing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Everyone needs to listen to Adam's 98FM Dublin interview from last week. He -clearly- states that the whole band is in France together rehearsing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Do you know the times Adam is on the show? I'm listening now, but don't have much time to listen to the full 1.5 hrs. Thanks! :)

Also, putting EBW in the same pedestal of WOWY or One... Well, no further comments.

I agree. I'm listening to the album a lot, and I do like ebw. But both musically and lyrically it's much more like "electric storm" than wowy or one. For me it's not even close to these classics

Sent from my LG-D855 using U2 Interference mobile app

I won't be shocked if US promo dates occur to coincide with a tour announcement, to drum up publicity for ticket sales. They need that boost in the US, while they don't need it at all in Europe.

I won't be shocked if US promo dates occur to coincide with a tour announcement, to drum up publicity for ticket sales. They need that boost in the US, while they don't need it at all in Europe.

I do think you are very correct.

European fans (and its music market) are a little bit diferent from the
US fans and its music market.
I have lived on both continentes for many years.

Moreover, Bono should maybe start taking some pills before going on the stage. His hystery and affect becomes unbearable. I thought he larned how to use his voice a bit.
:doh:

I'd rather have "hystery and affects" than a lifeless, boring performance on autopilot with them going through the motions.

I'm a very big fan of Bono showing passion while performing. I also like the calmness that Edge portrays. They just complement each other. I liked Miracle too, because it was authentic and convincing.

I think your post is very rude. You don't like it, get over it. We'll be hearing and seeing a lot more of these acoustic performances in the next weeks and months.

Acoustic sucks.

Yeah gotta agree. Also Bono struggles badly to do the bridge in EBW ("drowning is no sin" bit). It just doesn't sound right. It sounds just as bad on the acoustic version on the album. Much rather they do a full band version. Got a feeling that this is going to be what we'll see on Jools Holland as well, acoustic versions.

Moreover, Bono should maybe start taking some pills before going on the stage. His hystery and affect becomes unbearable. I thought he larned how to use his voice a bit.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? This sounds like you are advocating him using downers or something. How bout we suggest you start taking a few pills yourself to level things out a bit? :huh:

Sent from my ass crack

You know he's always been like this, right?

Sent from my fingertips.

Right :) Nevertheless on Achtung baby, Zoo tv and Pop he discovered shouting is not the only possibility to be convincing. Now, when he got his voice back from the womb as he sings he is trying too hard again and it sounds forced.

I thought both performances were very good. Yea, he didn't reach 1 or 2 high notes, so what.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? This sounds like you are advocating him using downers or something. How bout we suggest you start taking a few pills yourself to level things out a bit? :huh:

Sent from my ass crack

Yep, because he can ruin the whole performance by singing in key he is obviously not able to sing in a way that is obviously exaggerated.

asrgfd_zpsa55971b5.jpg

Thank you for that post. I've been dying for someone to say "you people" so I could break out that gif. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom