SOI physical release + tour info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope U2 will have some promotional activity coming up now with the physical release just around the corner. Not only interviews, but live performances of the new material. Bono hinted at possible acoustic sets for radio stations. I can't wait to hear the songs being played live. I wonder when we'll get to here some announcements. When NLOTH was released, they were all over the place.

Most likely just wishful thinking on my end, but news came out yesterday that Lambeau Field will be hosting a big concert next June. Here's to hoping...

Still no sites in the uk taking pre orders?

If U2 and retailers want to squeeze as much revenue as possible out of the dying physical media format, they need to get these preorders going ASAP. Amazon has pre-orders up for albums coming in November and December, but nothing for U2, which is coming in two weeks. Craziness.

Official confirmation of the Songs of Innocence cover by the band.

From U2.com: U2 > Cover Story

large.jpg

Cover Story
The band have completed the artwork for next month's physical release of Songs of Innocence.

The visuals reflect the new songs and their inspiration in the early years of U2 as teenagers in Dublin.

Glen Luchford's striking cover image of Larry Mullen Jr, protecting his 18year old son, resonates with the band's iconic 1979 debut album Boy - and the album War, four years later.

Both featured the face of a child, Peter Rowen, the younger brother of Guggi, Bono's childhood friend growing up on Cedarwood Road.

'We've always been about community in U2, about family and friends,' explains Bono. 'Songs Of Innocence is the most intimate album we've ever made. With this record we were looking for the raw, naked and personal, to strip everything back.'

The idea of the unique relationship between a parent and child, the image of a father and son, came from the band. The shoot with Larry and his son was initially an experiment but everyone loved it as a visual metaphor for the record.

If you know the album, reflects Bono, you'll see the themes in the visual language, how 'holding on to your own innocence is a lot harder than holding on to someone else's.'

I wonder why Larry isn't smiling in that picture.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Fuck it, I'm a fan of it. It's different, bold, who gives a fuck if people get worked up about it. Good on them for not doing something as lame and boring as the HTDAAB cover art. Hell, it's probably the best art since Achtung Baby IMO.

Edit: Just realized I said fuck a lot in that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom