SOI physical release + tour info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FNAC Spain also have the same 12 tracks for the vinyl:

Songs Of Innocence (Edición Vinilo Blanco) U2
LP

Articulo en preventa, expedición prevista para el 14 octubre 2014

1. The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)2. Every Breaking Wave3. California (There is no End to Love)4. Song for Someone5. Iris (Hold Me Close)6. Volcano7. Raised By Wolves8. Cedarwood Road9. Sleep Like a Baby Tonight10. This is Where You Can Reach Me Now11. The Troubles12. The Crystal Ballroom 12” Mix

- Fnac.es - Songs Of Innocence (Edición Vinilo Blanco) : U2

12 The Crystal Ballroom 12” Mix -> A 12 Inch Mix sounds good to me - could be an original album mix instead of some kind of Remix of this song.

BxmmHjTIAAAmgQf.jpg

It says:

With the backing of Universal Music Argentina, which publishes U2 records for Argentina, Chile and Uruguay, we can report that we have official confirmation on the release date "SONGS OF INNOCENCE" in our country.
It will be published on October 13.

The album will be released on both CD format presentations
- STANDARD: Simple Edition with 24-page booklet with photos, lyrics. etc. ..

- DELUXE EDITION: Limited Edition Double CD presented with gatefold cover. The disc will contain about a dozen additional songs. 4 Bonus Tracks, along with a handful of acoustic versions of songs from the album.
'Lucifer's Hands'
'The Crystal Ballroom'
'The Troubles (Alternative Version)'
'Sleepe Like A Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective by Tchad Blake Mix)'

- VINYL: Double LP on White Vinyl, includes double cover (gatefold) and an Exclusive Remix of 'The Crystal Ballroom'.
Is not yet clear if it will be available in the territory.

As a surprise we anticipate that, thanks to Universal Music Argentina, will have copies to draw between the followers of our Facebook page and our Twitter

On the other hand, we know that the band will begin the tour in early 2015 and will be Global.

The band will tour Latin America, not only in Argentina, Chile and Brazil will be included in the relevant section, Peru and Colombia may have their own dates debut.

So, there's that :applaud:

Thanks or the update. Sounds like one awesome deluxe version.

However, in contrast to Amazon France, FNAC have the original 11 tracks plus Crystal Ballroom on the Vinyl! Phew!

01 1.The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 2.Every Breaking Wave
03 3.California (There Is No End To...
04 4.Song For Someone
05 5.Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 6.Volcano
07 7.Raised By Wolves
08 8.Cedarwood Road
09 9.Sleep Like A BabyTonight
10 10.This Is Where You Can Reach Me...
11 11.The Troubles
12 The Crystal Ballroom 12” Mix

Songs of innocence - U2 - Vinyl album - Fnac.com

Interesting. I was blasted/scoffed at a few days ago for suggesting Crystal Ballroom as a closing track.

I can't wait to get the double vinyl! Hopefully they white vinyl will be available everywhere.

Interesting. I was blasted/scoffed at a few days ago for suggesting Crystal Ballroom as a closing track.

Me too. In fact, I was admonished by an Admin for suggesting it, and was told I was flat out wrong and should shut up about it on the forum or else.

Revisionist history is ugly, especially when one can look back and see for themselves you're revising it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Revisionist history is ugly, especially when one can look back and see for themselves you're revising it.

Not true, but that's about what I expected. A number of us clearly speculated that the album, as will be released in full next month, closes with The Crystal Ballroom. There is no revisionist history there.

I'm not saying this opinion is right or not, it's just an opinion, why not let people discuss it and see how it turns out when the physical releases come out?

What's wrong with letting people discuss opinions about the new album and what may be coming out soon? I mean, we are in a new era of U2, where they released an album that we had not heard a single note from, suddenly, for free online out of the blue, and are talking about acoustic shows, and we are in an era of new music distribution, in which the album as we knew it is an endangered form and U2 are hinting at music new release strategies to promote the album as a format, and we can't speculate on how the new music will be released and organized for us? I thought that's what the forum was for.

It's also not unprecedented and "crazy" as some describe it. Duran Duran for one example out of many, released their new album on iTunes a few years ago exclusively for about a month. They then released a physical format a month later that contained two ALBUM tracks that were not on the iTunes version (Other People's Lives and Too Bad You're So Beautiful), as well as two ALBUM tracks that were musical interludes of about 1-2 minutes each. Sure, they didn't place them at the end of the CD, but they were four new album tracks, placed into the full track listing. In addition to the 2 new album tracks, the physical release also had Bonus tracks of unreleased songs, as well as remixes. Duran Duran fans, few as they may be, ended up buying the album a few times. U2 may be using a similar strategy.

I guess some people either can't handle the thought of change in what they long considered a music album, or how albums are distributed and marketed, or some people grew extremely attached to the idea of The Troubles as the album closer in a very short time, or some people's ego's are too fragile to consider that their opinion may be wrong. None of us said that it was a fact that the album as distributed next month closes with something else, we just speculated on it. There is no reason for extreme reactions to the contrary.

If Crystal Ballroom or Lucifer's hands end up being the hidden song on the album it would be on way to explain the sudden fadeout in Troubles.

Though the way I understand it is those two will be on CD 2 of the Deluxe edition.

Not true, but that's about what I expected. A number of us clearly speculated that the album, as will be released in full next month, closes with The Crystal Ballroom. There is no revisionist history there.

I'm not saying this opinion is right or not, it's just an opinion, why not let people discuss it and see how it turns out when the physical releases come out?

What's wrong with letting people discuss opinions about the new album and what may be coming out soon? I mean, we are in a new era of U2, where they released an album that we had not heard a single note from, suddenly, for free online out of the blue, and are talking about acoustic shows, and we are in an era of new music distribution, in which the album as we knew it is an endangered form and U2 are hinting at music new release strategies to promote the album as a format, and we can't speculate on how the new music will be released and organized for us? I thought that's what the forum was for.

It's also not unprecedented and "crazy" as some describe it. Duran Duran for one example out of many, released their new album on iTunes a few years ago exclusively for about a month. They then released a physical format a month later that contained two ALBUM tracks that were not on the iTunes version (Other People's Lives and Too Bad You're So Beautiful), as well as two ALBUM tracks that were musical interludes of about 1-2 minutes each. Sure, they didn't place them at the end of the CD, but they were four new album tracks, placed into the full track listing. In addition to the 2 new album tracks, the physical release also had Bonus tracks of unreleased songs, as well as remixes. Duran Duran fans, few as they may be, ended up buying the album a few times. U2 may be using a similar strategy.

I guess some people either can't handle the thought of change in what they long considered a music album, or how albums are distributed and marketed, or some people grew extremely attached to the idea of The Troubles as the album closer in a very short time, or some people's ego's are too fragile to consider that their opinion may be wrong. None of us said that it was a fact that the album as distributed next month closes with something else, we just speculated on it. There is no reason for extreme reactions to the contrary.

This board is lousy with a gang of omnipresent trolls. They attack any idea they disagree with mercilessly. Expect it. And if you show any weakness they will go rabid.

When the dust settles we may all agree Soi was 11 songs, or 12, or 13, or 20. It seems foolish indeed for anyone to get shut up for speculating about what might be. It's exciting to notice that we're in uncharted territory and all kinds of things are possible! :hyper:

This board is lousy with a gang of omnipresent trolls. They attack any idea they disagree with mercilessly. Expect it. And if you show any weakness they will go rabid.

When the dust settles we may all agree Soi was 11 songs, or 12, or 13, or 20. It seems foolish indeed for anyone to get shut up for speculating about what might be. It's exciting to notice that we're in uncharted territory and all kinds of things are possible! :hyper:

very well put Niceman, it's a very exciting time for us all, we are in uncharted territory both in U2's music and in the music industry, and no matter how it's released and tracked, we all have a ton of great new U2 music coming our way :)

In that Rolling Stone story about Lykke Li she mentions that she first recorded vocals for "The Troubles" last year. Then U2 called her back and asked her to re-record them this summer because they had changed the key of the song.

My guess is that the "alternative version" will be the earlier recording, the one in a different key...

Even this response twists what I was talking about. A mod DID NOT admonish you, that's revisionist. And how will there be a new closer, when only ONE format has a new song following Troubles, the rest have them on separate disks. Other people said that it might even follow Troubles, but as a bonus like GBYF. Revisionist. And no one said shut up or else. Revisionist.

Even this response twists what I was talking about. A mod DID NOT admonish you, that's revisionist. And how will there be a new closer, when only ONE format has a new song following Troubles, the rest have them on separate disks. Other people said that it might even follow Troubles, but as a bonus like GBYF. Revisionist. And no one said shut up or else. Revisionist.

A mod did admonish me in a PM. I'm not declaring the mod's username because I don't want to crap on anyone specifically, and because a mod is a mod and has a tough job so I give them some respect. Let's leave it at that.

As for "no one said shut up", go back and read the posts in the thread about The Troubles and then correct yourself. In fact, in that thread a mod publicly admonished me and asked to drop the subject, which is really odd considering what the subject is.

A mod did admonish me in a PM. I'm not declaring the mod's username because I don't want to crap on anyone specifically, and because a mod is a mod and has a tough job so I give them some respect. Let's leave it at that.

As for "no one said shut up", go back and read the posts in the thread about The Troubles and then correct yourself. In fact, in that thread a mod publicly admonished me and asked to drop the subject, which is really odd considering what the subject is.

Your definition of 'admonishment' must be as loose as your definition of 'closer'.

Being asked to drop a subject is not "shut up or else", you're going beyond revisionist to just lying.

Fucking hell. This shit again? Congratulations, the vinyl closes with a remix of crystal ballroom. Guess what, WE ALREADY KNEW THIS. It was announced the day the album dropped. I believe the whole line of argument in the other tread was that f every copy had it, then it was part of the album. This line was invented by those who had to come up with a counter to the point that fast cars was not on bomb. If it is on the vinyl, it is a bonus track. I can't believe you would all restart this argument after being shouted down by many people, including a moderator, and proven wrong by the universal music press releases. Let it die.

Your definition of 'admonishment' must be as loose as your definition of 'closer'.

Being asked to drop a subject is not "shut up or else", you're going beyond revisionist to just lying.

If you read more carefully you would understand that the "shut up" came from the PM a mod sent, not the public post. Stop twisting words and a harmless discussion on U2's album release into something to boost your own ego, and grow up a bit. This used to be a cool place to discuss U2 with some savvy fans but maybe Niceman is right, there are some real wankers on here who dominate the place, even if it's just a few people. Pathetic.

Regarding what the album closer is, chances are that if you were to personally ask Bono and the Edge that question today, each of them would give you a different answer.

Sure, but who those others are was not specified.

"None" I take to mean "no one" and "us" I take to mean people who post on Interference, particularly those who have participated in this discussion.

Your interpretation of "none of us" explains a lot regarding your interpretation of "bonus tracks" and "closer".

You also might want to look up "obtuse", and then I suggest you quit while you're behind.

"None" I take to mean "no one" and "us" I take to mean people who post on Interference, particularly those who have participated in this discussion.

Your interpretation of "none of us" explains a lot regarding your interpretation of "bonus tracks" and "closer".

You also might want to look up "obtuse", and I suggest you quit while you're behind.

Funny. Obtuse is exactly the word I used in the other thread.

You also might want to look up "obtuse", and then I suggest you quit while you're behind.

So basically you guys have some ongoing beef with Niceman, whom I really don't know as I hardly ever come by here, and are pissed off that I supported one of his points in a discussion. Cool. Good job.

Let's get back to talking about how most of the track listings so far on retail sites are different from each other.

So basically you guys have some ongoing beef with Niceman, whom I really don't know as I hardly ever come by here, and are pissed off that I supported one of his points in a discussion. Cool. Good job.

I don't think anyone has a problem with Niceman. I've never found him to be anything other than pleasant and, well, nice. On this occasion he latched so tightly onto a theory that was wildly speculative and reported it as the truth. When he was called on it, he dug his heels in, and constantly changed his story to twist out of it, rather than admitting it was a wildly speculative theory. He did himself no favours, and I don't think you can automatically blame the people who scrutinised his assertions. There are a number of lurkers and part time posters here who take the word of established members as gospel, and it would be misleading to let it go when someone reports unsubstantiated nonsense as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom