SOI physical release + tour info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of something like INNOCENT EXPERIENCE TOUR if they release SOE mid tour.

But I have no problem with Volcano Tour.
I hope the stage has a papier maché Volcano :drool:

So... Billboard reported that there were THREE ADDITIONAL TRACKS set aside for specific retailers for the Deluxe Edition. What are these tracks? Who is getting them? Target? Best Buy? Japan? Indie stores? I'm surprised we haven't heard yet.

So... Billboard reported that there were THREE ADDITIONAL TRACKS set aside for specific retailers for the Deluxe Edition. What are these tracks? Who is getting them? Target? Best Buy? Japan? Indie stores? I'm surprised we haven't heard yet.

Everyones getting the bonus tracks

2-CD Deluxe Edition -

1. Lucifer's Hands (3:54)
2. The Crystal Ballroom (4:39)
3. Every Breaking Wave (from Acoustic Sessions) (4:28)
4. California (from Acoustic Sessions) (3:19)
5. Raised by Wolves (from Acoustic Sessions) (3:57)
6. Cedarwood Road (from Acoustic Sessions) (3:18)
7. Song for Someone (from Acoustic Sessions) (3:35)
8. The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) (Busker Version) (4:06)
9. The Troubles (Alternative Version) (4:32)
10. Sleep Like a Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective by Tchad Blake) 10:27) ( Invisible)

Everyones getting the bonus tracks

2-CD Deluxe Edition -

1. Lucifer's Hands (3:54)
2. The Crystal Ballroom (4:39)
3. Every Breaking Wave (from Acoustic Sessions) (4:28)
4. California (from Acoustic Sessions) (3:19)
5. Raised by Wolves (from Acoustic Sessions) (3:57)
6. Cedarwood Road (from Acoustic Sessions) (3:18)
7. Song for Someone (from Acoustic Sessions) (3:35)
8. The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) (Busker Version) (4:06)
9. The Troubles (Alternative Version) (4:32)
10. Sleep Like a Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective by Tchad Blake) 10:27) ( Invisible)

Right. I'm talking about the three additional tracks set aside as "retail exclusives." In other words, songs that will only be available at a certain retailer to entice you to buy the album there. This happens all the time, and Billboard reported that there were three additional songs (beyond the ones listed) being offered to specific retailers. But that was a couple weeks ago. Maybe the idea has been scrapped?

Right. I'm talking about the three additional tracks set aside as "retail exclusives." In other words, songs that will only be available at a certain retailer to entice you to buy the album there. This happens all the time, and Billboard reported that there were three additional songs (beyond the ones listed) being offered to specific retailers. But that was a couple weeks ago. Maybe the idea has been scrapped?

I hope that's right man. If so I will be buying a copy from each store. :)

I think there was supposed to be an alternate mix of Crystal Ballroom. Maybe that's it?

about this quote from Adam in Q: "We're booking the tour in pairs of shows. We want to have two different shows. That's the plan at this point, but it could all change."

Does it makes sense for anybody else that they're looking to book two shows because maybe they want to focus each show on different eras of the band? Say the first show would be all 80's-90's songs plus Songs of Innocence, and the second one 00's plus Songs of Experience... I know they're saying SOE isn't complete but I don't really buy that, and even if it isn't we're probably six months away from the tour so that's plenty of time to finish it...

Really hope they play two vastly different setlists on different nights - a "greatest hits" type setlist for the casuals, and a setlist for the hardcore fanbase filled with deep album cuts and rarities.

Just imagine the stuff we'd get to hear in the latter. :hyper:

Mayhem because of the limited tickets only. The production and show were WAY better for the Outside Broadcast and beyond. The setlists and performances were not "better" just because they were inside. At least not what I experienced. :shrug:

The fact that they were inside helped. Oakland Arena was shaking, Oakland Stadium was a nice show.

7 days, 23 hours until store open in Australia selling SOI. Surely we are getting to leak territory?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I thought the Apple thing would deflate all excitement for the physical release, but not so...genuinely excited for this because it's like we're getting 10 new songs. I hope some of the acoustic version are with the full band, and maybe slightly different arrangements.

If this bonus CD turns out to be great, then that will hold me the two years we have to wait for SOE :drool:

7 days, 23 hours until store open in Australia selling SOI. Surely we are getting to leak territory?

You mean 14 days... right? Unless I'm missing something special about Australia being a week ahead of the rest of the world?

You mean 14 days... right? Unless I'm missing something special about Australia being a week ahead of the rest of the world?

Nope. 7 days, 17 hours, 36 minutes. Release day is the Friday before ROW in Australia. 10 October. 9am.

I'll be queuing at JB Hifi ?

Same. With a stroke of luck, I can work a couple of days a week at an office right next to a shopping g centre. Looks like I know where I am working on Friday!

Dude that's huge! Is that a good thing? Are we excited about this?

I'm excited and nervous as hell. Gonna miss Sydney, the Blue Mountains and my mighty Penrith Panthers...but need a career break and I have family in Europe. And hopefully see a few U2 shows! U2 at Croke Park has been on my bucket list since 1985. Fingers crossed....

I'm excited and nervous as hell. Gonna miss Sydney, the Blue Mountains and my mighty Penrith Panthers...but need a career break and I have family in Europe. And hopefully see a few U2 shows! U2 at Croke Park has been on my bucket list since 1985. Fingers crossed....

Good luck with it all! I was thinking about you last weekend. My Cowboys were robbed again!

Really don't like the Volcano theme. Rather they did something more personal like The Miracle tour...or No End To Love tour ... or just Songs Of Innocence tour. Volcano seems bombastic for the theme of SOI.

Of SOE was to come out before the tour, and the two night theme goes ahead just wait for the Songs of Innocence and of Experience Tour, or the Tour of Innocence and of Experience

Nice :) I quit my job to move to the UK and last day is conveniently Thursday!

Sydney to the uk, its normanly the other way round and us moving to sydney ?

where abouts you moving to in the uk mate?

So two different shows. By U2's standards then, they will drop an encore song and call that the 'other' show.

They played every song until the whole stadium had to pee so bad...but if they come this way again I will stand in line.

With the volcano theme: Will we be seeing first U2 shows in Iceland? :hmm:

I'm thinking this could be the tour where that happens since it is an arena tour... Iceland is a good bridge date between Europe and N. America (or vice versa) Plus Bono went there not long ago. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom