SOE 33: Bono to open the batting on new album, Larry to keep wicket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UKxLlkV8QeqxpDpLtamE_holding-it-in-urine-1024x683.jpg

With this leak, U2 is really holding it in, Lynn.

The names thing has got far more ridiculous than the cricket thing ever did.

I regret playing any part in it.

Rumor is it was Liam...

I’m not sure if you meant that seriously or not, but that’s almost certainly not true. I have no doubts about Liam’s capacity to do something to get at Noel, but we’re past the age where leaking an album the week before is going to make any difference. Nobody who is going to buy Who Built the Moon, or Songs of Experience, will have been dissuaded by the availability of a leaked copy.

Poppy.

i’m not sure if you meant that seriously or not, but that’s almost certainly not true. I have no doubts about liam’s capacity to do something to get at noel, but we’re past the age where leaking an album the week before is going to make any difference. Nobody who is going to buy who built the moon, or songs of experience, will have been dissuaded by the availability of a leaked copy.

Poppy.

IMG_6572.JPG

Great first post and observation! I’ve missed some of the buzz for this release and this was one of those. This definitely gets me more excited for the album. I was a little puzzled by the lighter sounds so far but I get it after that explanation.
Thanks! It's weird, we've heard quite a bit about U2's lack of confidence or swagger the last 20 years, myself included, but if SOE has this strong of a thematic arc, I may have to look at the entire SOI/SOE era as more creatively impressive than I thought, and I thought most of SOI was strong, but not until MONTHS after it was released

Thanks! It's weird, we've heard quite a bit about U2's lack of confidence or swagger the last 20 years, myself included, but if SOE has this strong of a thematic arc, I may have to look at the entire SOI/SOE era as more creatively impressive than I thought, and I thought most of SOI was strong, but not until MONTHS after it was released
I'm pondering the same. Astute, you be.

Cherish this moment until new music comes out, we know it's coming Friday. Don't think I'd listen to it until then even if it did leak. How many more times in our lifetimes are we gonna have these moments of being excited for new music. The build up is part of the release :)

I doubt anything at this point is going to convince me that remixes are worth paying any attention to.

Okay, so I am going on a weeklong tour and now would be the perfect time for a leak. Conversation with tourmates only go so far, so to have a new U2 album to get acquainted with would be the best thing (even better than the best thing)

Back
Top Bottom