SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that the broadcast is littered with U2 songs, I think it's fairly obvious who it is to anyone.

That said... I do think that if they were doing to push the song in these broadcasts they should have at least had it available for purchase.

What a wasted opportunity. I can't possibly be the only person who Shazams a song I've never heard while watching tv and checked out new music because of it.

So what's the word on the street for the release date for the new single? I would think Tuesday, the 31st (Halloween & Day of the Dead). Are singles released on Tuesdays still?

New music is usually on Fridays now.

That being said, bands drop stuff on different days all the time, but there's no specific reason to expect anything on Tuesday.

Playing The Blackout so often along with U2 standards is perhaps a way of broadcasting that song and sound in advance of U2's vinyl release of The Blackout for Record Store Day/Black Friday.

As each days passes,it looks more than likely that they'll announce at the same time, both, the album and the E&I tour dates.

Because really,what woud be the other reason to holding on to the official annoucement of the album when every medias is reporting the December 1st date for the last 2 months or so....excepting the band.

Considering that the broadcast is littered with U2 songs, I think it's fairly obvious who it is to anyone.

That said... I do think that if they were doing to push the song in these broadcasts they should have at least had it available for purchase.

You're assuming people pay that much attention to the music in the background of sport broadcasts. I only ever notice when it's something I really like already, or it's something godawful or hilariously inappropriate for the context. Most of it blends into the background. There could be a whole broadcast soundtracked by, say, Coldplay and I doubt I'd ever register it.

You're assuming people pay that much attention to the music in the background of sport broadcasts. I only ever notice when it's something I really like already, or it's something godawful or hilariously inappropriate for the context. Most of it blends into the background. There could be a whole broadcast soundtracked by, say, Coldplay and I doubt I'd ever register it.
Meh... I always take notice of what they're playing.

There could be a whole broadcast soundtracked by, say, Coldplay and I doubt I'd ever register it.

Not sure that's the best example, seeing as how Coldplay is sonic Ambien.

If they played The White Stripes or Rihanna or Taylor Swift exclusively during every break, people would notice.

Which leads to the serious question of: is anybody noticing the heavy U2 play during these broadcasts? Or is it just people here? Obviously I've not much way to gauge that from my vantage point.

Yeah, and it's not just fans posting. Your usual haters as well. It's funny that so many people seem baffled by the network's choice; had the band officially announced the album release by now they may have better luck connecting the dots.

u2songs | Songs of Experience Promotional Tour |
With every album, U2 embarks on a number of promotional appearances, usually appearing on television and award programs, often performing their new material. Now that The Joshua Tree 2017 tour is completed, U2 will be starting promotion of the new album throughout the months of November and December. We expect this to start very soon, and feature a number of appearances by the band over the next six weeks.

What appearances are confirmed? To date very few appearances are confirmed. We are told that Bono and Adam Clayton will attend the Los40 Music Awards, U2 will receive the Golden Award for Music at this ceremony. It’s already been announced the band is winning the award. It will be presented to them on November 10 at the Wizink Center in Madrid, Spain. U2 is also nominated for “Tour of the Year” at the Awards which will be announced at the ceremony. It is unlikely that U2 will perform if only Bono and Adam Clayton are in attendance.

Beyond that there are no confirmed appearances at this time. We can however share some information that has been passed along to us, but at this time, all of this should be considered rumour until such time that it is officially announced. We know that plans are subject to change and even once confirmed, which these are not, things can still change. The promotional tour is supposed to start in early November in Europe and will continue in Europe until mid-month. During that time it is said that U2 will appear at several locations in different countries. The band will then travel to North America, where the promotional tour will continue at the end of November and during the start of December, wrapping up in the first week of December.

We are able to share one rumour, and that is that the band will appear on Saturday Night Live on December 2, 2017. This is not yet confirmed by U2 or by Saturday Night Live, but the source who has shared this with us has been correct in the past. If the band do play on Saturday Night Live, it will be the fourth time that the band performs on the show. The first time was during the promotion of All That You Can’t Leave Behind, and the band performed “Beautiful Day” and “Elevation.” In 2004 they returned during the promotion of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, and performed five songs, although only the first three were broadcast. That night the band performed “Vertigo,” “Sometimes You Can’t Make it On Your Own,” “I Will Follow,” “All Because of You,” and a second performance of “Vertigo”. The most recent performance was September 9, 2009, when the band performed “Breathe,” “Moment of Surrender,” “Ultra Violet (Light My Way)” and “With or Without You”. “With or Without You” was not broadcast. Again, we’d like to urge caution, as this is still just a rumour at this time.

I hope the only reason the album hasn't been announced yet is because Edge is feverishly trying to persuade the band to rename it 2018 It Is.

Thanks for the deets. An SNL date seems like a no-brainer. Surprised it never happened for SOI, but I think you can blame the backlash for that.

The wording about the promo tour is very interesting. Almost makes it sound like they'll be playing mini shows in addition to the usual talk show appearances. I could be reading too much into it, but a promo tour full of shows like Astoria and the Roxy would be great.

Last edited:
Not sure how to embed images using tapatalk... but u2start has an image from amazon of the album sleeve and contents IMG_20171030_070237.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom