SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I supposer that for me, the opposite occurred with HTDAAB. The songs just are what they are, they're immediate, they hit you upside the head with their accessibility, and then they quickly fade away. It was an album that was designed to be a hit album with hit songs, and that's all it is.

I feel that way, too, about HTDAAB. That's one album that I think I liked mostly because of its newness. I loved it when it came out and listened to it pretty frequently up until NLOTH was released; since then, I kind of forget it exists. I look for something to listen to, and I'm like, "Oh yeah, there's HTDAAB." :| Maybe I need to revisit it more often. It's not a bad album, it just doesn't have a lot of staying power.

It'll suck regardless don't worry
giphy.gif

Odd the way it reads. The show has been planned for a long time now, wouldn't it be normal practice to plan security accordingly(on all parts). These guys have played shows this year all over Europe and US without running into this situation.

I'm curious if perhaps there was a specific threat

Edit: just realized there are protests....which you can't plan for.

Last edited:
I supposer that for me, the opposite occurred with HTDAAB. The songs just are what they are, they're immediate, they hit you upside the head with their accessibility, and then they quickly fade away. It was an album that was designed to be a hit album with hit songs, and that's all it is.

Thank you. In a nutshell the reason I think its their most underwhelming album. When it leaked, I listened to it and liked most songs, but around two weeks before its release, I was secretly hoping that they would release something different, with a bit more to some of the songs. U2's music doesn't leave you feeling that way in such a short time of having heard it.

I still like MD and some others, but its not an album that grips you.

Another white cop acquitted of shooting a black man.

Yeah I've just been looking around the net to see what was happening

America just seems to be going backwards in my opinion. All the hard work done over the years just seems to be going in the bin. Not just America other countries aswell,even where I live In the uk it just feels politics etc etc is going backwards. But that's for a different topic all together

Last edited:
Yeah I've just been looking around the net to see what was happening

America just seems to be going backwards in my opinion. All the hard work done over the years just seems to be going in the bin. Not just America other countries aswell,even where I live In the uk it just feels politics etc etc is going backwards. But that's for a different topic all together

OT: almost every important (inter)national election just pre and post Nov 8th has seen nationalist/fascists defeated and instead elected either a centerist, small c conservative or a progressive.

In short; we ain't done yet. :up:

OT: almost every important (inter)national election just pre and post Nov 8th has seen nationalist/fascists defeated and instead elected either a centerist, small c conservative or a progressive.

In short; we ain't done yet. :up:

Or a technocrat that thinks they know best. I.E. Macron. But he was elected democratically so that's France's choice.

The racists and fascists aren't going to win. They've shown that they're a threat and women up the majority from their complacency. I think we'll be ok. Not that it won't take hard work, but we'll win.

Really quiet in here today.

Can we talk about how my thread title was one of the best yet for this album cycle! I thought about "SOEing the seeds of Love for an Album (tears and fears of what's to come)" as it's a good play on words AND it's a nod to the long song titles but I opted for a more subtle title being it was the same day as TBT was released.

Yeah I know....it's a slow day!

#howboutthemSteelers

Really quiet in here today.

Can we talk about how my thread title was one of the best yet for this album cycle! I thought about "SOEing the seeds of Love for an Album (tears and fears of what's to come)" as it's a good play on words AND it's a nod to the long song titles but I opted for a more subtle title being it was the same day as TBT was released.

Yeah I know....it's a slow day!

#howboutthemSteelers

It is a good pun.

In other news, I saw Arcade Fire last night. Fantastic show, so much energy from the band. I swear every song was just a little faster live than on record. Didn't look like the show sold too well, but it worked for me since I got to be on the rail.

Well looks like that Bono will be receiving a George W. Bush award in Texas next April (18-20)

So if the E&I tour starts next April,looks like it will begin in North america.

Last edited:
I didn't get to see IE, so I really hope EI comes my way. Fingers crossed! Paul McCartney was just here, so if it's good enough for him...

Well looks like that Bono will be receiving a George W. Bush award in Texas next April (18-20)

They don't have to travel months on a ship to get to Texas, it'll have nothing to do with any tour plans.

Where did you hear that?

But it really doesn't mean anything, it's pretty easy for them to you know, fly.

I don't think Bono would come to Texas between a Melbourne gig and a Brisbane show

Or they could start touring for the year in May like they did for I+E and JT

Thats true.It' just that it's rare for anyband/artist to tour Oceania in May.But since it's an arena tour,..maybe they would...

Last edited:
Where did you hear that?

But it really doesn't mean anything, it's pretty easy for them to you know, fly.

All'a'y'all know that horse is the only legal method of transportation down here in Texas, right? We're also not electrified yet... that's for liberal coastal elites...

They played Glastonbury in the middle of the North American 360 leg. They can easily fly in to Texas for a day and then go back to touring. It's not that hard.

Back
Top Bottom