SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only songs they'd play would be the 3 they've released thus far.

Perhaps. But it sounded to me like he was hinting at some of the other songs being played as well.

Last edited:
Why would bono say they are going to play some of the songs on this tour and then not even play one of them at the show last night? Strange

Yea I'd rather see Bono looking like the angry bar keep at Flannery's than look like his face was molded in cheap plaster... like, oh I dunno, a certain drummer.

I'm 46 and I look shit. Bono is what, 10 years older. Everyone in showbiz needs to be super fit because tv adds 10kg. When you age, being very slim actually makes you look older. Talk about dilemma. Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise are exceptions. They probably drink virgin blood or something weird.

Also, I watched Bullet the blue sky on Fallon. My god it was good. That performance distilled 40 years of aiming to perfection. Band somehow performed to 60k stadium audience in a small tv studio. If I ever need to defend my fandom to anyone I will show that clip.

Also, I watched Bullet the blue sky on Fallon. My god it was good. That performance distilled 40 years of aiming to perfection. Band somehow performed to 60k stadium audience in a small tv studio. If I ever need to defend my fandom to anyone I will show that clip.

Complete agreement. Do yourself a favor and play it in the car or at least listen to the audio without watching the video.

It really holds up live and is an outstanding performance!

May I just say that I heard the little things in the Vancouver show on night one when I was there and then maybe a couple more times on YouTube and it never really caught on with me until I decided to give it a spin last night. I get it now, what a fucking awesome song! It's certainly a real grower. This is 3 for 3 songs I am really digging! I can't wait to hear the other songs!

So theres got to be more singles, right?

Do they release the studio versions of blackout and TLTTGYA? I actually hope so because I want as much new material as possible when it drops

Maybe they're waiting till Latin America to play more SOE stuff. Still doesn't explain why they aren't playing the new single (beats me).

Did the band do anything for this school thing? I know they where advertised

Yes, they were on for literally 5-10 seconds from the Joshua Tree Tour stage, playing the start of Come Together. A variety of other artists then completed the song.

Man, Bono looked good in 2011. Nice, dark shades and semi-short black hair, he should go back to that.

That's what I'm talking about! He's certainly getting older but a trim would work wonders. And I am ready for Silver Fox Bono!

That video is hilarious.

My Facebook memories reminded me that SOI came out three years ago today. What a different album release cycle this is!

Hi! i don't know if this link is already here but...

U2 “YOU’RE THE BEST THING ABOUT ME” | See and Hear What's Popular on Radio This Week
there are 2 versions of YTBTAM (the single version and another one)

also, this is the direct link for the new mix (from the same site):

http://playiga.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/U2-Youre-The-Best-Thing-About-Me-Sci-Fi-Soul-Mix.mp3

Sci Fi Soul = too slow for me. Think the last minute change was the right call for my tastes.

The shorter hair means worse music. Pop and No Line are the proof.

Please. The hair thing is crap. Plus, Pop and NLOTH are the most misunderstood and overworked albums in the band's catalog, but neither are as abjectly terrible (IMO) as the albums, say, named after boys, months, or bombs.

That said, the glasses with the star on the side were a miss. The glasses may be more of a barometer than the hair.

They're actually the exact same tempo, the soul mix is A few seconds longer because it has an extended intro and a proper ending to the first chorus.

Back
Top Bottom