SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Live ratings are incredibly overrated... DVR streams count towards the overall numbers

I get that, especially with DVR. We have DVR too. But you want to create a buzz and the more people see it live the better. The timing of last night's show after NFL ran long I'm sure there's a good chunk of people that didn't adjust their DVR settings to end long enough to record the entire show/ end with TBT. Point being I think they could've picked a better night/ better TV schedule to debut the lead single to get this seen by more people, live or DVR.

It's taped television... if the band were that upset with a take they could have filmed it a second time.

True. And I'm sure a lot of that is just that TBT is so brand new & are still figuring it out. Still a good performance. You could see how animated and natural they were on BTBS in contrast, granted its 30+ years old. Still the difference in performance & comfort was night and day compared to TBT.

Last edited:
Oh god he actually referred to Best Thing as "punk Motown"

My eyes can't roll that far back in my head.

Neither can Larry's if you look at 29 seconds into the live performance...or at the end of the Facebook Q&A for that matter.

It looked like they were going to roll out the back.

I'm not drawing any conclusions (here) but I couldn't help but notice it.

Last edited:
Bad comedian: "Larry Mullen Jr. is so not on board!"

Crowd: "How not on board is he?!?!?!?"

Bad comedian: "He's so not on board... that he actually buys tickets to go on cruises and when the captain yells "All aboard!", he just walks in the opposite direction!!!"

Anyway. I keep waking up with TBT in my head. I like the song and I'm looking forward to having it, The Blackout and Little Things in the context of an album. I'm also looking forward to seeing those songs settle into the context of their own tour, as opposed to being kinda shoehorned into TJT sets.

So Larry's not on board for the JT tour, but is also not on board for releasing a new album?

Check. Moral of story, Larry is not on board for much.

I didn't say that (Larry's not on board for releasing a new album). I just never saw him roll his eyes before (in the last three decades) and now he seems to do it quite a bit. Draw whatever conclusions you want.

I didn't say that (Larry's not on board for releasing a new album). I just never saw him roll his eyes before (in the last three decades) and now he seems to do it quite a bit. Draw whatever conclusions you want.
My conclusion is that Larry is, now, and always has been a miserable fuck.

This is a man who used to wear a hat that said Fuck Off And Die at the height of their fame, after all.

Perhaps you see his eye roll more now because the rest of his face is frozen shut

Annd just like TLGTGYA was buried by I still haven't found on Kimmel, now Bullet destroys TBT.

Should have gone with Blackout instead.

This is a man who used to wear a hat that said Fuck Off And Die at the height of their fame, after all.

Perhaps you see his eye roll more now because the rest of his face is frozen shut

He seems to be taking resting bitch face to a whole new level

Are there HQ pics of the FOAD hat?

My guess is that they still want to tweak mixes but have committed to a date by which they absolutely have to turn the album to make the Dec 1 release date.

I dunno, Edge had a nervous tick with his hand when he said it. I think he's lying and that's his tell. He just needs a few more mixes

2018 it is

BTBS: Where was this direct, ballsy version of the band all tour?

Damn, now that's where the U2 I love has got to. What a scorching Bullet.

The Best Thing still sucks but at least live it doesn't have that over-produced sheen to make it worse. The only thing I'm going to remember tomorrow is how good Bullet was.

Damn, now that's where the U2 I love has got to. What a scorching Bullet.

The Best Thing still sucks but at least live it doesn't have that over-produced sheen to make it worse. The only thing I'm going to remember tomorrow is how good Bullet was.

You saw those fighter planes!

They're generating a lot of buzz over last night... of course it's about Bullet and not necessarily the new single, but I believe that's intentional. Even Pitchfork wants you to watch.

Draw them in with what they know in hopes of finding what they don't.

Question of course is... will poking the big mushy orange get a response?

Back
Top Bottom