SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #201
Refugee

Local Time: 12:10 AM
RD- any indication how long we will have to wait for the possible Rolling Stone reveal? Band is in NY right now, so maybe the Jann sit down just happened in last 2 days and thats why u heard the rumor (unless u'd actually heard it long ago).
Rolling Stone usually sits on their piece and releases a U2 cover close to a bigger event like album drop or tour debut. So i cant picture them releasing it before week of Dec 1. Unless maybe they want to drop the big scoop before it gets out elsewhere?

Old 09-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #202
Refugee

Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUEFC09U2 View Post
Just listened to the little things from Kimmel, got to say had bit of a lump in my throat thinking about what could have been wrong, going to enjoy this run from the band!
All of a sudden certain lyrics take on a whole new meaning.

Old 09-07-2017, 04:13 PM   #203
New Yorker

Could be why they decided to hold off on all the album news. Maybe retirement is also now part of the announcement.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #204
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUEFC09U2 View Post
Just listened to the little things from Kimmel, got to say had bit of a lump in my throat thinking about what could have been wrong, going to enjoy this run from the band!
And assuming it does end up being the album's closer, pretty poignant to have the whole "sometimes" part be potentially the final words we hear from them.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:17 PM   #205
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Let's not start spiraling out of control here.

It's not something we can control or wish to be true or not true by typing on a forum.

Obviously something came up with Bono over the past year. I can't imagine if his life is in danger that they'd just sit on it.

These guys are getting up there in age and Bono has had a ton of bad luck with his health over the last decade.

Plus, Bono can't keep his mouth shut. Whatever he went through was personal but if it was what people are reaching for in this thread, I'm sure he'd say something.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:22 PM   #206
Refugee

Local Time: 03:10 PM
I just can't imagine these guys retiring.

Stop touring? Absolutely. Stop making music? Nah dawg.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:28 PM   #207
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:10 PM
If you play The Little Things backward, you can hear Edge muttering "I buried Paul."

#Conspiracy
Old 09-07-2017, 04:35 PM   #208
Refugee

Local Time: 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
If you play The Little Things backward, you can hear Edge muttering "I buried Paul."

#Conspiracy
Try Blackout backwards. Larry is muttering "I will bury them all, Saul."
Old 09-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #209
War Child

Is Bono okay?
Old 09-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #210
Refugee

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Hmm, well whatever it was that happened (if there was something at all... love RD's contributions here but this sort of cryptic stuff is not productive IMO) they seem to be fully past it. The band is energized, is wrapping up a huge and we'll received tour, and is on the cusp of putting out a relatively quick follow-up up with 3 very solid song that have gotten great reactions this far.

I'd say they are in a pretty good spot at the moment. If this is the last album cycle or second to last (RD's hints about Songs or Ascent ARE exciting!) I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it, and I hope they do too.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:27 PM   #211
Refugee

Local Time: 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoKKeR View Post
Hmm, well whatever it was that happened (if there was something at all... love RD's contributions here but this sort of cryptic stuff is not productive IMO) they seem to be fully past it. The band is energized, is wrapping up a huge and we'll received tour, and is on the cusp of putting out a relatively quick follow-up up with 3 very solid song that have gotten great reactions this far.

I'd say they are in a pretty good spot at the moment. If this is the last album cycle or second to last (RD's hints about Songs or Ascent ARE exciting!) I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it, and I hope they do too.
Yeah the band seem fine. I guess I read it as a marriage thing. But speculation is stupid, cupid.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:11 PM   #212
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop Artist View Post
Band supposedly did a video shoot at a bar in Hell's Kitchen last night, another instagram here with some chicks at the bar.

https://ny.eater.com/2017/9/7/162662...ar-video-shoot

Oh wow. I've been there. Fun!
Old 09-07-2017, 06:14 PM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
Yeah the band seem fine. I guess I read it as a marriage thing. But speculation is stupid, cupid.
Non of us know what's up with Bono or the band or what the future holds for them, but let's just take a minute and relax until they announce or make a statement on whatever issues they are having. It is no point to worry and freak out right now. Ofcourse we wish Bono and co the very best but let's not jump the guns and assume it it's the worst because we simply just don't know! Just enjoy the moment now as we are on the verge of a new album. I am sure u2 would want us to enjoy this moment and not worry about anything. When they are ready to tell us something is wrong, I'm sure they will. And if this is the last album, I will forever be greatful to them for all the amazing music they have given us. I grew up with u2 like many of us have and their music has been by my side through tough moments and nothing will ever take that fact away. So let's all enjoy the fact that we have another album and tour ahead of us! With all that said, I hope if there is an issue I hope it's not health related, we certainly want to see the members of our favorite band be healthy and happy for many years to come wether there will be a u2 band or not after this album.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:19 PM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Maybe Bono just had a little health scare that turned out to be nothing, or easily treatable. He had a similar thing happen in the time between Popmart and ATYCLB, which required throat surgery.

If it were something that presented an immediate threat, I don't believe they'd be pushing so hard with this stadium tour and then the new album, and another tour next year.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #215
New Yorker

The boys were at the Rockefeller Center earlier today: https://twitter.com/rockcenternyc/st...13827535065089
Old 09-07-2017, 06:41 PM   #216
Babyface

Local Time: 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
Yeah. I think the lyrics from Best Thing says exactly this?

"You're the best thing about me... The best things are easy to destroy... Why am I walking away?.. "

Also "I can see you love her loudly, when she needs you quietly". This reminds me of when Bono explained Ordinary Love. He said Mandela and Winnie had extraordinary love for each other but not the ordinary everyday love.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:07 PM   #217
Refugee

So apparently no album date announcement date on Fallon... can't believe they didn't pair this big week of promo with an album release date. Just so weird.

I mean, I know NYT confirmed it as the 1st and Bono said it was the 1st of December, but still...

I guess we'll get the tracklist/artwork/pre-order with the next single, which will probably come out after the JT tour ends? Just a guess.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:26 PM   #218
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:10 PM
Are there Fallon spoilers somewhere?
Old 09-07-2017, 08:34 PM   #219
Refugee

I really think they are past whatever issues came up last year and if they're not past them, why in the world would they do TJT this year. Also Bono said if this is their last album, not this is our last album. Him saying if says to me who knows what the future holds. I'm sure there's a plan for SOA in a few years and that could be it. How about one more album after that and call it Man so we know that's it.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #220
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
Are there Fallon spoilers somewhere?

Atu2 have a write up.

they played Bullet with a rant about Trump, Bono and Edge talked on the couch, then they played YTBTAM. Both songs full band.