SOE 25 - The Freakout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But to be fair the best thing is still being released/aired/streamed on Wednesday isn't it?

well, yeah. that's what all the social media posts say. tidal was ready to stream it today. we have the single cover/art.

you guys all need to get a grip and go outside and breathe some fresh air but this is interference.

I'm pretty sure 99% of the paranoia is coming from KUEFC's freak out and his desperate questioning of every random fan.

For the record, 2018 it is.

Still pretty interesting about the last minute (re)mixing of TBT.
What was the name of the guy that posted the info on Instagram? Does anyone know about him or any of his work?
It could be interesting to see if he is more of a "rock" guy, or pop or Electronic...

I know that Lillywhite already did the remixing of this song a while back. My feeling is that we are going to get more of a rock version from Lillywhite. Now, just wondering if they went back to make it more rock-ish or less...

Looking forward to Wednesday!!

U2, on the eve of December 1st, come out to a crowd.

They all hug each other. The crowd is going crazy.

Bono steps up to the mic

"Time to dream it all up again"

And then the screen behind them shows each member as a cyborg.

Superimposed is 2040

Bono rips off his own face to reveal that he was always the singer for Simply Red.

Lol you guys are too funny. Because deleting info about an announcement now means the album will not come out until 2020! I know u2 burnt us before but this is more concrete that the album will come out in 2017.

But... 2020 it is

Not 2018, 2019 but 2020!

Last edited:
And FYI u2 are known for working and even adding and removing tracks right till the very last minute. I think maybe they don't want to announce track listing since they are probably still not sure of the exact tracks on the album. But they will get it it out in 2017.

And FYI u2 are known for working and even adding and removing tracks right till the very last minute. I think maybe they don't want to announce track listing since they are probably still not sure of the exact tracks on the album. But they will get it it out in 2017z

But they still normally announce an album even if they are working on it,

It's all obvious now.... Apple caught wind that SOE was actually really definitely imminent and wants to give it out again at their iPhone event on 09/12.

They thought the social teases would ruin the surprise :sexywink:

Look, KFC might be correct. Think about it...track listing, mixing the singles, haircuts and dye jobs. These things take time, and the last thing they want to do is muck up this release like they did with SOI. I mean, dropping a free album on our phones, and then Bono forgot the training wheels on his bike, and then, oh the horror, the dye job for SOI Tour...:tsk:

I'm sure removing the line about Album News is an omen...like Damien...:macdevil:

Why would we give any credibility to some rando on Twitter who rambled about some new mix and then deleted his post? I don't get it.

Really want them to just announce the album next week. Why delay that?

SOI didn't get more attention also because the band came with that stupid idea about accoustic versions. There are just a few U2 songs sounding cool on accoustic versions and those from SOI are just not "designed" for that - never understood why Bono was always telling the opposite.

Every Breaking Wave is a decent song that was destroyed live.

It's possible that point had been made before on here but I hadn't seen it. You're exactly right... their believe that this album works when stripped back acoustically muted a lot of their promo appearances. I think if

- the promo had been centered around full band EBW, California, RBW, and Reach

- they had handled the iTunes thing differently (although I certainly wouldn't have predicted the backlash there either)

- Bono hadn't been injured, allowing a full promo blitz through Fall/Winter of '14

...it could have been a much more successful cycle. They have the chance to do it right this time, though.

Look, KFC might be correct. :

CnQ6WmsVYAU-VfV.jpg

I step away for a few hours and now this thread is 20 pages longer... so what is the current topic? When the album will get released? Or are we onto talking about KFC chicken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom