Soe 24 - s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I met Joyce the night after the Blackout film shoot. She's legit. The tweet thread is legit.

Okay, plot twist. Surprise.

I was there. :lol: And yes I met you, also this last tour once in Berlin. when you joined Galeongirl.

Who would've thought! Also , can confirm. My thread is legit.

I should look at screen names more when I bulk-reply huh.

I wouldn't really expect you to know my screenname on here TBH.

Well I'm definitely not going to forget now. :lol:

Now this is funny.

I am so excited for whatever they have planned, this is such a great time to be a U2 fan! We have a great tour where they're playing one of their best albums that has deep cuts they haven't touched since the 80s (hell even Axver somewhat liked the setlist aside from the encore), really cool viral marketing, a ton of buzz around the new album, their critical standing has been increased because of the tour, and new music from them on the way. What an exciting time! Sorry for the super gushy post but I'm on a ton of painkillers right now and listening to Bad and am just feeling so great

I am so excited for whatever they have planned, this is such a great time to be a U2 fan! We have a great tour where they're playing one of their best albums that has deep cuts they haven't touched since the 80s (hell even Axver somewhat liked the setlist aside from the encore), really cool viral marketing, a ton of buzz around the new album, their critical standing has been increased because of the tour, and new music from them on the way. What an exciting time! Sorry for the super gushy post but I'm on a ton of painkillers right now and listening to Bad and am just feeling so great

Great post.

This may have already been posted on here but I will post anyway.

U2 are about to play two concerts at the Amsterdam Arena, but it turns out that is not their only business in town. At the Westerunie nightclub of the Westergasfabriek, the band filmed a video clip in front of a small audience on Friday night including Gavin Friday and some lucky fans who responded to U2.com's call for attendees earlier this week. Some estimates state there were no more than 150 people in the crowd; others place the number at around 200–300. Attendees gathered first in another building at the same complex, the Gashouder, where they were informed about the evening's purpose; they were then moved to the smaller Westerunie.

The video clip is for U2's next single. Multiple anonymous attendees have confirmed to us that the song is titled The Blackout—possibly formatted as "The Black Out". U2 performed it live for the assembled audience five times, though with some pre-recorded vocals as well. The audience picked up the catchy chorus quickly, and on the fourth take Bono asked jokingly if it had leaked on the "Interwebs". He let the audience sing it on the fifth take. Bono also crowdsurfed during one take of the song.

Edge had to tune his guitar for the third take of The Blackout, so Bono told some jokes to fill the time. They were quintessential "dad joke" material, including "four Irishmen walk out of a bar... wait, that's not possible" and "a dyslexic walks into a bra".

After the performances of The Blackout, a second new song was played over the PA, entitled either The Lights of Home or Lights to Home. We can confirm that U2 did not play The Best Thing (or, if they insist on another long title that will be abbreviated by all and sundry, You're the Best Thing About Me), a song that leaked online last year.

Both songs are described as groovy and nineties-sounding, with heavy bass and guitar. The general vibe of The Blackout is Vertigo meets Achtung Baby, with the deep bass possessing a vibe that somewhat recalls Love and Peace or Else. It has a prominent lyric about "when the lights go out" that got the audience jumping, reportedly to Edge's visible delight, and our sources all believe it will be a popular live track.

The Blackout begins with Edge playing a very distorted guitar; this intro has been compared to Zoo Station or Magnificent. There is also a slow interlude that then erupts back into the chorus, somewhat like the "love, lift me up out of these blues" part of Elevation.
The Lights of Home is described as slower and more atmospheric, perhaps a "grower". It has an acoustic slide guitar riff with a memorable chorus that includes the line "hey now, what's your name?", and there is a little bit of chanting at the end. One source describes the drumming in this song as "amazing".

U2start.com | The Blackout

I still don't know why we think something is happening today haha.

Because the last 10 pages....

RD has good info from his source about at least an announcement. That's all anyone is expecting, though other things give hope that there might be more, though the chances are slim.

I mean... what's not to get?

Because the last 10 pages....

RD has good info from his source about at least an announcement. That's all anyone is expecting, though other things give hope that there might be more, though the chances are slim.

I mean... what's not to get?
Oh, I didn't know RD had some sources that pointed towards something. Thought it was still from that clearly BS U2Valencia post.

Oh, I didn't know RD had some sources that pointed towards something. Thought it was still from that clearly BS U2Valencia post.

Nah - they are great at picking up on other people actual work, adding the simple maths, creating garbage to support it, and passing it off as their own

What time is it in the world? Show time!!! Here's to hoping something breaks today!!!

would be pretty sweet to get something like this previewing the album.. but I'm only expecting news

" All My Life " seems to be almost finished....... why such an excellent song never saw the light of day !!!

Last edited:
It's just now 8AM on the eastern side of America. California is still asleep. These things seem to happen on America's watch, for some reason. If something is happening today, it won't be for a few hours yet, since the music industry basically lives in California.

oh man.. if nothing happens..

you've planted the first seeds of doubt. I say, if we still know nothing by noon EST, the first slew of meltdown shitposts will hit

I have no doubt that something is coming and coming soon... within the next month even... and I have no doubt that your sources are solid... but there's still nothing concrete, no absolute date to point to like with the Apple release... so I just don't want to get all omgzomgzomgz about today when it could just as easily be next week.

But undoubtedly there are people in here who are setting themselves up for a "leave Brittany alone" moment if nothing happens today, and, well, that'll be entertaining, too.

So either way today will be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom