SOE 23 - Return of the Trolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it'll be a one-two punch. Best Thing to create some buzz and get people paying attention. Then The Blackout as the socially-conscious follow-up.

I have a feeling that Black Out will be topical in the way that Ordinary Love was about Mandela.. (Borderline not at all)

Borderline is totally about Mandela.

"Something in the way you love me won't let me be
I don't want to be your prisoner, so baby, won't you set me free
Stop playing with my heart
Finish what you start
When you make my love come down
If you want me, let me know
Baby, let it show"

Borderline is totally about Mandela.

"Something in the way you love me won't let me be
I don't want to be your prisoner, so baby, won't you set me free
Stop playing with my heart
Finish what you start
When you make my love come down
If you want me, let me know
Baby, let it show"

:love:

Well the one promising thing, if these rumors are true, is that the lead single won't be the first song on the album. I can't imagine it opening with The Best Thing, which is a bit of a shuffle. Of course, if The Black Out is the second single, released before the album hits, there's still a chance for the surprise to be ruined there.

I always like when I hear an album for the first time not knowing what the first sounds I'm going to hear are. We did get that with No Line but it's the only time that's happened since Zooropa.

JUST STANDING ON A TIGHTROPE
NOBODY MIND ME
JUST STANDING ON MY TIGHTROPE
HOPE YOU'RE NOT A NAZi

Close, but you've gotta cut some of those syllables out, mate...

High on a tightrope
Where nobody will mind me
Hope you're no nazi

:drunk:

But yeah, in regards to U2 possibly releasing a politically charged single, I'm all over that shit :drool: While I'm aware Bono probably accomplishes more for his causes by abstaining from condemnation of a political party, I think it's safe to assume he views the current administration as somewhat of a special case, and he's a bit more willing to voice his criticisms (e.g. remarks made in recent interviews, the current tour).

Whatever, I'm just really excited to hear what they've been up to. I know some users have joked in the past about the "hidden secret" to U2's success hinging on whether Bono cuts his hair or not, but I posit a new theory: the band is most popular when a Republican has the White House! Maybe the band just needs that little bit of discontent to fuel their favor with the public...

(and just in case it isn't obvious, the above theory is not held to any serious degree by the author of this post)

Wonder what versions of the album we will get. Hope they do a deluxe version like they did with SOI, double disk with more new material, acoustic session etc.

Hoping for 12 tracks on this record too

Yeah, no acoustic. But would be cool to have an extra track or two. SOI brought the Crystal Ballroom, one of my favorite songs of theirs this past decade or so...

Wonder what versions of the album we will get. Hope they do a deluxe version like they did with SOI, double disk with more new material, acoustic session etc.

Hoping for 12 tracks on this record too

There's some rumours that MAY point to this album being longer than any previous album - nothing concrete, but enough to suggest they may have decided not to do too much whittling of the rumoured 16 completed songs.

Also, this time last year, we had a good indication that a remix cd would take the place of the acoustic cd (experience over innocence, geddit?) and that's where the Kygo remix came from (as well as random comments and photos with DJ Khalid, Skrillex and co). They may very well still be planning to do this (and might be the rumoured tie-in with Red).

There's some rumours that MAY point to this album being longer than any previous album - nothing concrete, but enough to suggest they may have decided not to do too much whittling of the rumoured 16 completed songs.

This would be a major shocker. I'm assuming you don't mean longer than Rattle & Hum, which is 72 minutes. You'd have close to a double CD at that point and certainly it would be a double album in traditional terms like R&H was.

Other than that the longest is Pop at 1 hour. And even them going beyond that would fly in the face of their over-cautious, pessimistic attitude towards listeners.

I would welcome it gladly if true.

I saw that FB post and my heart sank. They have to realize that the first acoustic disc went over like a led balloon with an anchor attached to it. But hey, let's do it again!! :doh::|:huh:

Ughhhhhh, no acoustic tracks please. What a colossal waste of time.

seriously. Take a couple of the tracks that were "whittled down" and remix them, get creative with them, hell don't do a damn thing, just throw em on a deluxe version.
I'd actually rather have them sitting on a beach than doing another more acoustic nonsense.

Well if anything I guess it's a good indicator that the album is done if they plan on replicating acoustic sessions again as a bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom