SOE 23 - Return of the Trolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to find out the producer credits for the album. Will it be primarily Lillywhite, or will it be like the last few albums of having 80 different cooks on each song?

Great to see another source today with December 1 and September 8 - so damn exciting!

The gap between SOI is shockingly short to be frank, this is U2 we are talking about here! These few years are have been a lot of fun, and it seems like it will continue that way.

Great to see another source today with December 1 and September 8 - so damn exciting!

The gap between SOI is shockingly short to be frank, this is U2 we are talking about here! These few years are have been a lot of fun, and it seems like it will continue that way.

the gap is short even taking into consideration that the band has basically been promising SOE as a quick follow-up to SOI, hinting the album was "in the bottle" at one point and that must have been a year ago.

I'm hoping 'Much More Better' is a reference to him being high as a kite on pain killers unable to string together a sentence after his accident.

Huge huge news today. Loving it, If we do end up getting SOE in december, this will mean that a tour next year is imminent also. What a year it will have been for the band, certainly making up for a non existent 2016. Amen!:D

Indeed it is good news. Now that you mentioned touring, it just occurred to me i dont think i ever got a subscriber gift from u2.com this year. Is that still a thing or did i just imagine it?

I'm hoping 'Much More Better' is a reference to him being high as a kite on pain killers unable to string together a sentence after his accident.
Nah, that's too coherent. A painkiller induced title would be like "Do the Drycleaners Have Your Car? I Didn't Get There."

(A million dollars to anyone who know that movie quote.)

I didn't see anything here about what the nerds on reddit are talking about. Anyone know the actual source for this? I doubt anything has leaked:

No, that's a sound stage recording that's been around for a while. Vertigo tour maybe?

The source, from what I remember is pretty elusive still because no one else seemed to have been there. I think they used to post in here?

I wonder if it's new or old?

Either way I'm loving the image and the tie-in to their past.

I'm curious about U2songs artwork they showed. Do we think it's just edited from screenshots of the image during JT, or did they get a hold of actual promo pics?

Which images are those?

I wonder if it's new or old?

Either way I'm loving the image and the tie-in to their past.

I'm curious about U2songs artwork they showed. Do we think it's just edited from screenshots of the image during JT, or did they get a hold of actual promo pics?

I suspect it's new - it probably would've been posted here by now otherwise...

The u2songs artwork could go either way for me, but that coupled with this latest picture of the photoshoot makes me wonder if these images are being leaked as some sort of guerrilla marketing scheme (ok maybe that's a stretch, but where the hell could that random fan account get that picture from!).

I'm a big fan of the photo too - I still would've preferred something colourful, but it's a beautiful picture nonetheless, and I'm really not going to nitpick if new material is imminent :D

I didn't see anything here about what the nerds on reddit are talking about. Anyone know the actual source for this? I doubt anything has leaked:

I think around 2012 or 2013, before SOI was released, i saw couple of people uploaded the "leaked" demos or songs but none of them really turned up to the album, so.....

No, that's a sound stage recording that's been around for a while. Vertigo tour maybe?

The source, from what I remember is pretty elusive still because no one else seemed to have been there. I think they used to post in here?

Wow that's pretty fascinating. I love mysteries like that.

While we're all waiting for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 to restart, let's begin with a rumor about U2's next tour: Not too long ago, an @U2 staffer had a conversation with one of U2's longtime crew members and was told that U2 will be back on the road in April 2018. Considering the source, I'd say that's pretty reliable. And considering all the other rumors about new songs and a new album, I think it makes logistical sense, too.

https://www.atu2.com/news/column-off-the-record--vol-17-765.html

Well that essentially rules out Australia and New Zealand then. The window to tour stadiums basically shuts in March.

Unless, that is, they're going to play arenas down here for the first time since 1989.

Well that essentially rules out Australia and New Zealand then. The window to tour stadiums basically shuts in March.

Unless, that is, they're going to play arenas down here for the first time since 1989.
They have said E+I will be arenas, I'm pretty sure. That may mean 6 shows a city here but hey, we deserve it!
I would guess April/May to do Aus/NZ/ Asia then back to Europe.

I think they're crazy if they do shows in North America next year. Even if the rumor is that they'll start in April, it's quite obvious it will be May - judging by the scheduling of the past 2 tours. Prediction:

May, June & July 2018 - Europe
September, October & November 2018 - Asia, Australia & New Zealand

The most important question right now: Why the hell is this forum still called Songs of Innocence?

[emoji2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom