SOE 19: Back To The Studio Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wherever The Joshua Tree is in the set, how would you prefer it to be played?

• Total voters
So it's not an inappropriate reaction to wonder why this claim was not delivered on.

I don't think anyone is arguing that, at least I'm not.

I'm just saying the idea that it can't be 'Songs of' because it didn't come within that timeframe is ridiculous. The idea that there's a window for sequels or artistic concepts is dumb.

See: Loaf, Meat:

Bat Out of Hell 1977

Bat Out of Hell II: Back Into Hell 1993

Bat Out of Hell III: The Monster is Loose, 2006

Just curious but was Meatloafs plan always to release a follow up and it got delayed or did it just come to him years later?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

U2 should ditch the Songs of...title scheme. It'll just remind people if SOI. They should pretend it doesn't exist.

U2 should ditch the Songs of...title scheme. It'll just remind people if SOI. They should pretend it doesn't exist.

Nah. The IE tour was very well received. As long as the music and release method is cool, then I don't know if it'll matter that it's the Songs of theme.

As much as i think the band would be ok to call it SOE, and i think it will be... I kinda think it would be cool to ditch it and go with something completely different.
Maybe another one word title. Just something bold, and straightforward, yet leaving the most room for interpretation.

Gotta get that new album out.....:hmm:

In theory, if these shows are happening in October, then May would probably be a good time to announce them. So perhaps in May U2 will announce the album, announce the ROW tour dates, and play a new song or two on the opening night of JT.

OR... nothing will happen. U2 will play South America and Australia as part of the innocence and experience tour, but still no SOE!

Last edited:
If they ditch the SOE moniker/theme then all hell will break loose.

'U2 are once again breaking promises'
'U2 once again lost their nerve'
'U2 once again distracted by lack of confidence and too many producers'

etc etc etc

for better or worse they should stick to the SOE title and theme; as long as the music holds up then all will be OK...

If they ditch the SOE moniker/theme then all hell will break loose.

'U2 are once again breaking promises'
'U2 once again lost their nerve'
'U2 once again distracted by lack of confidence and too many producers'

etc etc etc

for better or worse they should stick to the SOE title and theme; as long as the music holds up then all will be OK...

nobody outside of here would care. it's not like the general music listening public cares what U2 call their album. Kanye publicly changed the title of his last album a few times.

The cover will be Larry SOI-style clutching Whiskey in a Jar
Y0bYjzn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom