SOE 18: New Tour, New Despair...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be a downer, but . . .

This morning I had a dream that Bono died during the Packers-Cowboy game. Adding salt to the wound, Joe Buck broke the news to the world.

They played 'With or Without You' as they went to commercial.

But did the Packers win?

Seeing people trying to get tickets that I would never have thought would want to see U2, if the plan was to get people back on side then I think this has a huge chance of working if done right

Yeah this looks like it really will work.

If the reaction of the past week doesn't make them realise the album needs to be finished before/during the tour for the autumn, then god knows what bollocks they offer up as an excuse! :doh:

This morning I had a dream that Bono died during the Packers-Cowboy game. Adding salt to the wound, Joe Buck broke the news to the world.

but what happened to the Edge?

New edition of Q arrived today.

Decent U2 article, including interview with Adam. Explains the SOE process a little and suggesting an Autumn 17 release likely. Suggestion of trying to update the album for what's currently going on in the world comes up so it's a theme they keep repeating. Most notably though, no mention of a JT tour, the idea of which must only be weeks old.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Much like Howard Cosell breaking the news of John Lennon's assassination in 1980

Much like Howard Cosell breaking the news of John Lennon's assassination in 1980

That's where I think my brain accessed it. Coupled with the upcoming game and me texting out Joe Buck, Troy Aikman memes.

If Bono did die during a sports broadcast you gotta go with Al Michaels. The man would add a daft touch.

Joe Buck would be completely tone deaf. Probably botch the name of an album.

I love how we are interpreting this dream instead of discussing the album. Will anybody be extra nervous during the game because of my vision? I have had real life premonitions.

Plenty of U2 dreams. One time I was at a concert in GA and snuck in a pork chop in a ziplock bag in my pants. Between songs Bono started talking and I began to nibble on my pork chop. He saw me and started yelling at me for eating it. Leftover shaming me in front of 16,000 people

New edition of Q arrived today.

Decent U2 article, including interview with Adam. Explains the SOE process a little and suggesting an Autumn 17 release likely. Suggestion of trying to update the album for what's currently going on in the world comes up so it's a theme they keep repeating. Most notably though, no mention of a JT tour, the idea of which must only be weeks old.

The first I remember hearing about this Joshua Tree Tour was back in early November, when our own Registered Dude said "They won't be touring a NEW album next year". That gave it away to me right away. Shortly afterwards, somebody on a Bonnaroo message board (I was researching the U2 rumor, apparently I have no life) saying "U2's going to be headlining Bonnaroo and playing the Joshua Tree in full!"

Things like this take a long time to set up. I would imagine that this idea came up after it became obvious that SOE wouldn't be released, roughly in the August/September timeframe. I truly believe they originally intended the iHeartRadio gig to be a launch for the album, or at least the first single.

That's where I think my brain accessed it. Coupled with the upcoming game and me texting out Joe Buck, Troy Aikman memes.

If Bono did die during a sports broadcast you gotta go with Al Michaels. The man would add a daft touch.

Joe Buck would be completely tone deaf. Probably botch the name of an album.

I love how we are interpreting this dream instead of discussing the album. Will anybody be extra nervous during the game because of my vision? I have had real life premonitions.

Plenty of U2 dreams. One time I was at a concert in GA and snuck in a pork chop in a ziplock bag in my pants. Between songs Bono started talking and I began to nibble on my pork chop. He saw me and started yelling at me for eating it. Leftover shaming me in front of 16,000 people

I've noticed that a lot of my dreams tend to be around people or things that I thought about only briefly that day. For example, if I thought about a person I went to school with in elementary school for 5-10 seconds, I'd have a dream centered around him or her later that night.

That being said, I will now be restricting my thoughts about SOE to about 5-10 seconds per day from now on. I will feed you all my thoughts and impressions of it over time. :D

I've noticed that a lot of my dreams tend to be around people or things that I thought about only briefly that day. For example, if I thought about a person I went to school with in elementary school for 5-10 seconds, I'd have a dream centered around him or her later that night.

That being said, I will now be restricting my thoughts about SOE to about 5-10 seconds per day from now on. I will feed you all my thoughts and impressions of it over time. :D

Very true. It's a conglomeration of those brief thoughts. All kind of put together.

The most frustrating U2 dreams are the ones where you hear the new music or see the track listing but then forget the names when you wake up.

The most frustrating U2 dreams are the ones where you hear the new music or see the track listing but then forget the names when you wake up.
Definitely, I've had a few of those.

I had a dream last night that they were playing at a house party in a neighborhood I was visiting. I wasn't able to get in, and ended up listening from outside, pissed. They opened their set with "Exit".

(The Joshua Tree Tour hasn't been able to escape my mind since Monday).

Definitely, I've had a few of those.

I had a dream last night that they were playing at a house party in a neighborhood I was visiting. I wasn't able to get in, and ended up listening from outside, pissed. They opened their set with "Exit".

(The Joshua Tree Tour hasn't been able to escape my mind since Monday).

I once dreamt about a 90s album that didn't exist. Then months later the same Album X appeared in a dream. Came across a cassette and listened to it. Achtung influenced.

I have in the past dreamed about rare EP's and super obscure live performances that were filmed and never released. My dream Rattle and Hum outtakes is better than the bootleg version.

I've had my share of very weird U2 dreams. This one dream I was going to see U2 live. I arrive at this venue and am ushered into a small room with bleachers facing a wall. with one speaker in the upper corner. "This sucks!," I say and try to find the stage. Next part of the dream I'm close to the stage in
a small bar lounge with U2 playing. Bono is on stage shaking a large plastic sculpture. The music was very funky and Edge was doing all this feedback stuff....then I woke up.

The dream in which I snuck the Pork Chop into GA, there was a bar where right in front of the stage. You could literally just have a front row seat at the bar and look at Bono as if he were a TV with an NFL game.

The dream in which I snuck the Pork Chop into GA, there was a bar where right in front of the stage. You could literally just have a front row seat at the bar and look at Bono as if he were a TV with an NFL game.

That pretty much describes what happened to me when I saw Johnny Winter. It was a packed nightclub. The bar was behind me. Winter was 2 feet away from me.
Man, he was one skinny dude. RIP.

So question regarding a possible Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary release...would they do something like they did with Achtung Baby and release demos or working mixes of all 11 original songs? How about a studio take of "Womanfish" there's got to be a recorded take of this. I mean they played it on TV Ga Ga in 1986...:hmm:

Noticed that greater interest in this tour than the last one?

There's your relevance.

Notice they're touring their best known album ?

Joe Average might have heard of JT. Whereas Joe Average might not even know SOE is coming.

Nostalgia, not revelance, is the name of the game here.

I really think this was a decision made primarily as a PR move. The band had such bad press from the iTunes release that they had to do something else before releasing SOE. What better way to "make good" with the general public by celebrating their most famous album that's pretty much universally respected? As much as I want SOE I think it was the only move right now the band could make given the 30th anniversary opportunity. It's a good way to move into a new album release with shedding some of the memory of the SOI debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom