SOE 17: Where The Album Has A Name - The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, holiday is over. Let's get on with it. No announcements anymore please. Release a single AND album and get on the road.
Last january they had finished 18 songs and they had to choose 12 for the album. In the meantime something got in the way as usually. After the release of SOI I was quite optimistic that this time a new album would come early. WRONG again. Another 'delayed' SOE (means releasing it in Q4 of 2017) is abolute ridiculous.
I say u2 call it a day, take holiday forever and release every year a dozen songs you 'd recorded the last 20 years.
In three years the decade is over and we've only had 2 albums SOI (maybe just one!) and SOE...

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

They have a tweet saying "Rumor has it that an announcement could be made as early as Monday 9 January". People over at u2start were saying the same thing yesterday.

Exactly. I find it quite funny how the entire U2 fan world is going nuts over a rumor by U2 Chile. :lol:

Did Maverick deleted the Instagram post? I can't find it :hmm:

I don't use instagram so this took a minute to figure out - you need to use the phone app, and then click on the profile photo for someone to see their 'story'.

So for this Maverick one, it's someone filming a TV showing a clip of U2 playing Vertigo at the Rose Bowl dvd. With the text "who's ready for big things from U2 this year?"

I don't use instagram so this took a minute to figure out - you need to use the phone app, and then click on the profile photo for someone to see their 'story'.

So for this Maverick one, it's someone filming a TV showing a clip of U2 playing Vertigo at the Rose Bowl dvd. With the text "who's ready for big things from U2 this year?"
I see. Thanks.

dont get your hopes up for imminent new album yet, amigos

but I think there's a special promo single at some point in the next month or two. Nothing "new" - but if what I'm hearing is true, something cool nonetheless.

remember the "new mix" arrangements of Gone, Numb, etc? That's our precedent here

Last edited:
dont get your hopes up for imminent new album yet, amigos

but I think there's a special promo single at some point in the next month or two. Nothing "new" - but if what I'm hearing is true, something cool nonetheless.

remember the "new mix" arrangements of Gone, Numb, etc? That's our precedent here

This guy seriously knows his shit.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I mean, I hope what I hear is wrong... only because SOE in the next few months would be amazing :drool:

whatever happens, however it goes down, I think 2017 is going to be more fun than 2016 around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom