SOE 15: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Bono saying we might see something in Sept/October. Do you things we'll see something by the end of the month ? It would come out of nowhere...

He did say that, and then we saw them in September at iHeart and in October at Dreamfest. I don't think we'll get any new music until 2017.

Poor taste? Dick move? What are you talking about?

You can't say it was a dick move and then talk about how U2 didn't get anything out of it. That doesn't make sense.

I'm sure when originally booked U2 was hoping they might have something to promote. But there was never any expectation from iHeart, and there certainly wasn't anything said by the band to give you any real expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

We can agree to disagree.

I think iHeart would have gotten more subscribers (More money) if they could start streaming a new U2 song or album and they played it live at our concert. If U2 said we plan to have new music for the gig which might in turn help your revenue stream and then did not have new material (because U2), i think it looks bad for both parties.

We can agree to disagree.

I think iHeart would have gotten more subscribers (More money) if they could start streaming a new U2 song or album and they played it live at our concert. If U2 said we plan to have new music for the gig which might in turn help your revenue stream and then did not have new material (because U2), i think it looks bad for both parties.

Well IF U2 sold it that way then yeah, but we have absolutely no evidence that's what they did.

People are still mad they didn't play anything off the upcoming album at IHeart and Dreamforce. I'm still pissed they didn't debut any Joshua Tree songs on the Amnesty Tour 30 years ago.

People are still mad they didn't play anything off the upcoming album at IHeart and Dreamforce. I'm still pissed they didn't debut any Joshua Tree songs on the Amnesty Tour 30 years ago.

They did play Womanfish and Trip through your wires on some TV show in 86. Luckily not too many people watched it.

I'm pissed the version of Lucifer's Hands I heard on 360 didn't have any lyrics apart from Bono randomly yelling.

Just think. U2 could be pushing things back to create the 2nd coming of Stand Up Comedy right now.

I can't get this to open on iOS ?

Edit: Works on desktop mode.

You find some amazing video content! Maybe this was meant for the last tour?

Last edited:
What if the album is done and they're just waiting for the best way to launch it in a revolutionary way ?

The album as a statement seems to be dead in the age off downloads, streaming and playlist.

Maybe they do as Morrissey did with his first solo releases - release EP's!

If they concentrate on getting 3-4 songs solid, put those out... then get on to the next 3-4... they could be relevant. They could remain in the public consciousness, vs some forgetting about them. They could have product entering the market every 6-9 months vs 4+ years.

It's a new word. Maybe they should consider some new approaches. Or old approaches long unused (like the EP idea).

They could do like they did with Zooropa (and R.E.M. did with "New Adventures..." and write and record on the road too. Time constraints and structure could be good.

Too much time and second guessing have lead to the shelved material and long periods between releases.

They did record on the road with this one.

But I do think EPs would be a great format for U2 at this phase.

They did record on the road with this one.

But I do think EPs would be a great format for U2 at this phase.

They did... and then went to the studio for several times. I wonder how much material from the road will survive... it's quite clear the band is fearing failures. They could have had released far more no-album tracks as ' Invisible' or 'Ordinary Love'. I would have loved a single release for 'Mercy'..... 'North Star'.... 'Boy falls from the sky'.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom