SOE 15: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What, no one liked the jam packed Crazy Tonight single that had almost an hours worth of remixes for one song...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What was great about that was that the all the remixes were better than that train wreck of a song.

And that's where I'm meh on this idea. Because when was the last time U2 actually promoted something well? ATYCLB was promoted and marketed very well, and deserving of the results.

Vertigo was a smashing success due to the iPod commercial.

After that.....yeah, not so much.

Fact is we have no freaking clue what the band is up to. I think a 2nd disc of remixed songs sounds neat if it's truly remixed, and not just a faster beat like most of the 90's remixed songs. NLOTH2 was a nice alternative track to the album version. Something along those lines would be cool.

But knowing U2 and their quest for HITS, LOTS OF HITS!!! They are probably taking the Crazy Tonight method again and popping the shit out of a song that doesn't need it.

I'm in the camp that believes a companion disc of remixes is completely the way to go. They sort of have an 'out' in terms of over-cooking or trying to hard to 'poppify' a song into a radio friendly single in that they're (hopefully) turning over the remix work to the DJs and (hopefully) just selecting the DJ and mix they like. Of course, U2 may micromanage the process anyhow, but I think getting the remix work out of their hands and the hands of their immediate camp is the right idea. Maybe Bono or someone realizes the need the added perspective and that they can't be the masters of all trades. A good DJ can do the job better than U2.

Sent from my fingertips.

Ryan Tedder on SOE :

" As for their new album, Songs of Experience, I’ve already been working with them for a year. We’re roping in some really good remixes that are going to kick an entirely new door wide open for U2 fans. The world right now is listening to such different music that you can’t expect a 20-year-old to gravitate to a U2 record if it’s not put in the context of what they listen to today."

From Beyoncé to U2: Songwriter and Producer Ryan Tedder Chases Euphoria in the Studio | Consequence of Sound | Page 6

It'd actually be sort of cool to get a double album launch of the OG tracks + the remixed tracks, but same order/songs/etc. Maybe?

it probably didn't help that the song was a piece of shit to begin with.

I actually like the song(very uncommon around here). It's upbeat and has a nice sound to it. However, what keeps it from really breaking out for me are the two times Bono's voice cracks (so fucking cringeworthy) and the "every sweet tooth" line.

Are the whole band in france now?

Sent from my SM-N910G using U2 Interference mobile app

Don't think so. Last time Edge was seen he was in Dublin and Bono in New York. Larry's the only one who was seen in Nice I think.

Damn, well, never mind.

Hopefully they're scattered because things are still just getting mixed and don't require their input as much (like in august).

Usually Larry wants to be as far away from the rest of the band world as possible.

:lol: true...

As far as I knew, I thought only Bono (maybe Edge) hung out/had houses in Nice, so i figured if Larry were there it would likely be band-related. But if Bono's in NYC then :shrug:

Honestly the best way to go about this is to assume the band do not have an album.

They talked up SOA, now they've talked up SOE.

We went from 4-8 songs finished, even a few of them being heard by some radio hosts, to 16 songs but we want 10

They don't know what to do and they're not that bothered by it, so neither am I.

But I do like to hang out on the forums :)

How do we know Bono is in NYC? Has he been spotted somewhere?

Also just got a new U2.com email about the Q Awards and last month's Trump iHeart performance..

But of note is at the end, they added this little tease:
Meanwhile, the band are back at work in the studio, watch this space…

How do we know Bono is in NYC? Has he been spotted somewhere?

Also just got a new U2.com email about the Q Awards and last month's Trump iHeart performance..

But of note is at the end, they added this little tease:
There was a picture of him posted on social media the other day. It was a couple of days ago now so who knows, he could be anywhere by now. But he definitely was in NYC over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom