*sob* Propaganda... why?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung_Bebe

New Yorker
I just got that horrible e-mail *sigh*

I was really looking forward to GA...

Like O2, have you heard anything about your Austin Prop tix?

And I was having a good day!

I'll probably end up waiting in the GA line anyway--that has always been half the fun.

sorry Bebe ((hugs))

but you did get to dance with Bono the first time around.
wink.gif

you wanna be my guest this Monday her ein Chicago - or maybe Vegas? hehehe

------------------
...and may your dreams be realized...

[This message has been edited by salome999 (edited 10-14-2001).]

Well Like O2, I'm sorry to hear that!!!

We deserve the GAs!
frown.gif

I didn't think I'd have a problem because I sent my form off right away. The other three shows I've been to have all been GA in the heart so I thought Prop would provide for me again. blah

sorry Bebe
hope you'll get another chance somehow soon

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I received that e-mail for Providence. Sigh...

I was supposed to reply by Saturday (via e-mail) if I wanted to "upgrade." The only reason I was getting tickets from Propaganda was so that I could take my friend (the same one that lost a baby in July) into the heart. She couldn't get tickets and now Propaganda failed me. So I said "f*ck it" and decided not to get tickets at all - at least not from Propaganda.

I don't understand why they didn't get enough tickets for the fan club. Why let scalpers get tickets when fan club members get nothing? Even worse, on eBay I saw an ad from a person who received wonderful GA tickets from Propaganda - and he's selling them. Made my blood boil!
mad.gif

Suddenly, I'm no longer a "fan" of Propaganda... Apparently "ticket brokers" are the only way of getting the tickets we seek.

------------------

dwlogo3.jpg

A proud member of the "No BEALs Club."

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 10-14-2001).]

I got the email also
frown.gif

ahhhh! why couldn't they play at least 1 other texas show...or anything in this area? I saw *one* ga austin ticket going for $400 on ebay. so disappointed

Bebe noooooo!!!!
im so sorry, now youre in the same crappy boat as me
frown.gif
frown.gif

are you going to upgrade? i did it and what I'm hoping to do is somehow get my hands on some GA and then sell the reserved seating ones..

it prolly wont work which makes me really depressed cos I soooo wanted GA especially after last time

well, best wishes sis, I really hope it works out for you

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

I got to go to one Elevation show, and it wasn't GA (they were the $85 ones), and it was still a blast.

Don't let no GA's stop you from going and having the night of your life!

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight..."

Although I'm quite sad for you, I'm glad to know I'm not alone in getting the shaft. I'm considering the upgrade, but does anyone have any idea how good these seat are? I really don't want to pay that kind of money to be second tier, way in the back left. I know there are no guarantees, but how have those tickets from Prop been in general? Anyone?

The GC's in Vancouver last time around; I did not feel that they were worth the amount. Pretty far from the stage. I already have my GA's for Oak and sent Prop form for Las Vegas, and now I have the dreaded email. I responded that I needed more information before I coughed up that kind of dough.....
so I'll let you know what I find out...and I too would appreciate any information regarding the upgraded type of tickets...
ie seat to stage proximity...
Vancouver I went straight away for GC's and Tacoma was GA's, so I do know the difference

I did not get the upgrade because my friend (the very reason I was going to this show) cannot go on the 31st (Providence show).

However, when I obtained GC's for the Hartford show last June from Propaganda, they were spectacular! The best area to sit for GC's and very close to the stage.

Of course, there's no guarantee you'll get such great seats this time...

I also obtained $85 seats from Prop. for one Chicago show last May. I didn't really like them. Therefore, good GC or heart GA tickets are the way to go.

haha yeah i looked at the tix for sale on ebay and I found 2 GAs for $200 and i was like "wow maybe i can do it!" and then i saw the bidding time left...2 days. they got up to $800 which is just not an option for me.

a friend of mine tried to get me tix cos she knows someone who works at MSG but the only thing they could do for me is tell me to get there early on the day of and try to get some of the few they put up at the box office. I cant do that either b/c im not allowed to skip school grrrrr

then i tried to win them on the radio..my luck is continuing
rolleyes.gif

well im still trying lol

all I can say is at least I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford the upgrade so at least I'll be in the building. and it wont take much to top my previous seats...

propaganda sent me another lovely e-mail back saying simply "we will upgrade your request" so at least I know im getting them
smile.gif

best wishes to all you fellow unfortunates, i hope you all get some..

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

I'm sorry you have to enter our club of those of us that got "The e-mail" something is not fair about this. My friend sent his in after me and got tickets and I didn't. Prop and U2 have to find a better way.

I'm sorry Bebe, that is a bum deal. This seems to have happened to a lot of the ardent fans here, it doesn't seem fair.

Has anyone mentioned the ETS option...$150 for the package deal and you stil get GA tickets? Don't know if they're still available.

Originally posted by salome269:
why couldn't they play at least 1 other texas show...or anything in this area

Not that a trust them for a second, but a scalper scum told me that U2 will add at least one Dallas show to be held in the American Airline Arena.

Anyone heard other rumors about this?

And BTW, sorry to hear you're in the boat with Bebe and I 269.
frown.gif

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS [No thanks to Propaganda - BLAH!]

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

Originally posted by DebbieSG:
Has anyone mentioned the ETS option...$150 for the package deal and you stil get GA tickets? Don't know if they're still available.

The only problem with that (so I've heard) is they won't send you the ticket ahead of time. You have to pick it up at their little shindig that night. So, you can't wait in line. So it's not really worth it.

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

Yeah I heard rumors about that at the beginning, before dates were announced. But I seriously don't think that'll be happening though
frown.gif

Like O2, did you upgrade or are you gonna buy some GA tix from a scalper? I think I'll probably upgrade then sell those tix to my friends and buy a ga ticket from a scalper. I saw them somewhere for $200 which isn't *too* bad considering they're going for around $400 each on ebay.
Originally posted by Like O2:
Not that a trust them for a second, but a scalper scum told me that U2 will add at least one Dallas show to be held in the American Airline Arena.

Anyone heard other rumors about this?

And BTW, sorry to hear you're in the boat with Bebe and I 269.
frown.gif

Like O2, did you upgrade or are you gonna buy some GA tix from a scalper?

I'm really torn about this. I've always had great luck buying incredible tickets a day or two before shows when bands/arenas release more seats. I'm thinking about letting the upgrade go and crossing my fingers and waiting til the end.
eek.gif

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

Crapola. I got The Email as well- for Vegas. I don't know what to dooo! Guys I have a question. Ok, am I allowed to upgrade seats for my second show choice? And if so, do I just write them asking for it? Please help if you can! Thanks!
(this sucks
mad.gif
)

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 10-14-2001).]

I'm sorry that so many of you have been screwed out of GA tickets.
frown.gif
There is one possible way to get them at face value, but you have to leave things to the last minute. Ticketmaster usually releases more tickets a few days before each show, so if you regularly check the ticketmaster website starting a couple days before the show you may be able to get GAs. I was able to score 2 GA tickets to the 4th Chicago show on the 1st leg just 3 days before the show, so it is possible. Good luck!

I was wondering about that too mocool. I don't see why they wouldn't let you, but you should probably email them and ask.

Since I'm flying to Austin from El Paso, I'd be taking a huge risk not having any tix. I'll probably shell out the money for a scalper. AAAAAAARRRGGGHHH! I don't understand how the bad people always seem to get the good tickets...?? TM definitely has to be involved in that. Oh well, sucks for us I guess
frown.gif

Originally posted by mocool12:
Crapola. I got The Email as well- for Vegas. I don't know what to dooo! Guys I have a question. Ok, am I allowed to upgrade seats for my second show choice? And if so, do I just write them asking for it? Please help if you can! Thanks!
(this sucks
mad.gif
)

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 10-14-2001).]

well BEBE....
i know how you feel, i just got my letter of rejection for Vegas GA's. Ah well - I'll still be in the building though.

------------------
...and may your dreams be realized...

Since I'm flying to Austin from El Paso

Another interferencer from El Paso! Woo Hoo!
http://forum.u2wdd.org/u2feedback/Forum17/HTML/000022.html

We'll have to met in Austin and hang out in the GA line. And we WILL find GA's without scalpers! I'm gonna starting checking ticketmaster every hour about a week before the show. If and when they come up, I'll get as many as I can.

BTW, if I do come up with an extra one, I'll trade it with you for a few dozen tamales from Pepe's.
wink.gif

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
are you going to upgrade? i did it and what I'm hoping to do is somehow get my hands on some GA and then sell the reserved seating ones..

Hey BabyGrace,
So this happened to you too? I can't get over how many people this seems to be happening to. U2Gator told me the same thing happened to her and someone else she knows... the demand is sooo high this time!

Well I was hoping to perhaps get GA another way but after searching ebay and yahoo auctions and other sites I realize that those things just get way too high! So I'm just going to take what Propaganda gives me and be happy to be in the building... I'll line up early anyway (just for kicks)

I'm supposed to mail them $80 more by the 16th, so I'm taking care of that tomorrow. I'm assuming they will be sending GC, so it'll be a new angle for me
smile.gif

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
I'll probably end up waiting in the GA line anyway--that has always been half the fun.

You should!!! Because the little known secret is that a few GA's are released at the venue box office the day of the show. This has been true for almost all of the shows on this tour (except, of course, the one time I tried it, but nevermind). So, get your spot in line & then buy your ticket & you'll be all set! And you never know, maybe someone will have an extra & you won't need the box office! Good luck!

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

I was away from my computer all weekend, and boy what a nice surprise on a Monday morning to get the lovely email from Propaganda.
frown.gif

I will upgrade because I don't want to take a chance, with only one Texas show!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom