So you wanna hear real rock and roll in ATYCLB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
Look no further than Elevation. But not really the album version. No, if you want real, passionate, in-your-face letting-it-all-out rock and roll, listen to and watch U2's performance of Elevation on Saturday Night Live. Best performance of Elevation ever. Period. :D And definitely one of the best performances I've ever seen on SNL.

I get a rush everytime I listen to it and watch it, especially once Bono jumps off the main stage. :D

Anyone else absolutely love that performance?

:up: Yep, the SNL performance was great! I :heart: Bono.

And it was also quite funny when Jimmy Fallon imitated him the following week.

Although I have only seen it in a crap Real video, I recognize it?s a kick-ass performance, really great, I love the Instant Kharma lines Bono sings in the end.

It?s a shame that the Elevation performance was cut out here, I mean, the SNL version aired in Latin America lasts for just 1 hour...I have Beautiful Day taped, but not Elevation. Oh well...:(

Last edited:
Boston DVD & Slane 2 ELEVATION was omg...faintastastic!!!!

:drool: :yes: :drool: :yes: :drool: :yes: :attn: :drool:

:yes:

Elevation is great on SNL. I thought Beautiful Day was great too with the All You Need Is Love ending, I loved Bono's vocal on that. It's one of my favorite versions. Instant Karma is cool at the end of Elevation as well. My guess that it was Bono's tribute to John Lennon. I think it was almost exactly 20 years to the day that Lennon died that U2 was on SNL.

I like the ATYCLB version of Elevation as well. It reminds me of AB in a way.

wertsie said:

Ahhhh!!! I absolutely cannot WAIT to see whichever Slane concert they're going to show on CBS!!! :happy:

Slane 2 was better for 2 reasons

a. I was there- that makes a u2 concert- seriously :D

b. they played better tunes

Lara Mullen said:

Slane 2 was better for 2 reasons

a. I was there- that makes a u2 concert- seriously :D

b. they played better tunes

'kay...I think that's what lazyboy said too...So they'll probably show that one.

wertsie said:

'kay...I think that's what lazyboy said too...So they'll probably show that one.

and most importantly C: The video production team weren't at Slane1, only Slane2.

Better vibe at Slane2 as well, even Bono and Edge said so. It cannot disappoint, no chance!

lazyboy said:

and most importantly C: The video production team weren't at Slane1, only Slane2.

Better vibe at Slane2 as well, even Bono and Edge said so. It cannot disappoint, no chance!

Aha! Speak of the devil! :happy:

Back
Top Bottom