So who's going to St. Louis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallelujah Here She Comes

Rock n' Roll Doggie
My plans for this are not yet confirmed, but in all likelihood, I'll be there. The question is, will anyone else...
wink.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

ummmm...It depends on if I have to drive by myself...I'm not REALLY far away but I don't know...I'm in Champaign IL so it's about a 4 hour drive...we'll see!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~Honey

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

I'm going!

WildHoney, STL is more like 3 or 3 1/2 hrs. from Champaign (at least it was the last time I drove it, though allowing 4's probably not a bad idea). And an incredibly thrilling drive it is, too....lots of corn!

Would have loved to have gone but couldnt justify the time/money
frown.gif

3-4 hrs is nothing!! I drove almost 7 to montreal, LadyLemon drove 12hrs to PRovidence to meet up for Larry's Birthday! The road trips are so worth it in the end
smile.gif

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

Damn straight, Kath! St. Louis should only be 7 hours--that's a breeze compared to Providence! The things we do for this band...they should be paying us!
tongue.gif

------------------
And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what

For those of you with GAs, what time are you planning on showing up? And how early do you think people will start lining up? I don't want to show up earlier than I have to.

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

Now you're talking, I could definetly deal with getting paid to travel to see the band! Seriously... when you think about all the driving, GA lines etc that we've done- how much time do you think we've put in??

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

Many days worth of our time. But there's nothing else I'd rather do!

biggrin.gif

------------------
And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what

Very seriously considering it. But I'm trying to figure out how to get down there from Minneapolis. It's a 10 hour drive...I don't know of any one else to carpool with, and airline tickets are about $290.
frown.gif
Any ideas?

-sula

mark, no GAs because you can't get any or you don't want any? Because the last time I checked you can get them for $65 and that's a pretty good price, imo.
smile.gif

-sula

Well, I'm in St. Louis and I can tell you that the lack of hype is almost astounding. This may change what with all the Thanksgiving U2 excitement (Leno, Super Bowl announcement, DVD, etc.), but given the lack of media and the cold temperatures, I can't imagine one would need to arrive before late afternoon to get in the heart. No guarantees of course, just a guess. Even in Providence, which is near both Boston and New York, I arrived at 3 PM and was about #300 in line (I was offered the heart but chose the outer tip). Certainly it should be easier than that, given the lower temperatures and the location. But we'll see. In any case, I'll be there and I look forward to meeting some of you.

email me. If I post it here, I'm afraid someone will buy them all before I get one.
biggrin.gif
lol. sulawesigirl@yahoo.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom