So when is it time to move on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmmm its funny because i feel stronger and stronger about my love for u2 after the last two albums...

i can't HANDLE listening to Boy, or October or Passengers much (War i love, but thats because, its HAWT)

If U2 had stayed that path, the weird gospelly i dont know can't write a tune properly (IMO) time, i wouldnt be a fan today. But from The Unforgettable Fire upwards, its just gotten better and better! I love at least 4 or 5 songs off each album...

but i totally get it if you loved their earlier stuff, because it has changed, its a lot more mellow, more thought provoking, more meoldic i think.

I think the songs flow together more now. There arn't those out and out stars of songs from the past, but more they all hit a high note and stay there....

but each to their own :)

and i agree that interference is certainly a lot more then just a u2 board!!

indra said:

4080 for me. ;)

Because it's a fun forum and there are many, many threads that have nothing to do with U2 at all.

Besides I was a serious, hot and heavy fan for a good eight years, and still consider myself a casual fan. I don't think a fan has to like everything a band has ever done -- if that was the case I wouldn't be a fan of anyone, not even Kilbey or The Church. :ohmy:

just from your post it sound didint like you still were a casual fan, if so fair play, but i dont understand people who come on just to slate them...

indra said:

You can believe whatever you want, I generally don't torture those who's belief doesn't match mine (well...occasionally, but that's just for fun :wink: ). But I haven't heard it before tonight. My heyday as a U2 fan was in the 80's and during most of the 90's I didn't have a clue what they were doing, and I've heard very little of their work from that period.

wow, you are hard core (seriously facetious)

did you not have a TV for a decade too?
or did you have the same reaction to rem
or did you see the CHURCH on the sets you wanted to see

this is just pitiful.
If anyone really believes this inde tool never listened to Zooropa, go ahead.

whatever, I dont mean to be the poisonous asshole.
But you read so typical, you would already be arrested.

We dont need you. You are already untruthfull.

you know, I am kicking old school.

I love this shit, this my deal yo.

So you make me cry, you make it happen.

You prove it wrong. OUT

flava flav !!!!!!

OOTS is built for nursing homes

muller said:

just from your post it sound didint like you still were a casual fan, if so fair play, but i dont understand people who come on just to slate them...

Just to bash...no I don't get that either. But I guess I do kind of understand a fan feeling really put out when they feel left behind, so to speak. It's not pretty and it's not fun, but I do kind of understand it.

Nevertheless I do think people do have to realise they aren't going to like everything a band does, especially if it's a band that's been around for so many years. No band can please everyone all the time -- those that try are mediocre at best.

What I was trying to get across with this thread is that although I did have a time when I was irritated that U2 wasn't going where I needed them to go for me, I have been able to "move on" and can now enjoy what I do like from them without feeling bitter that not all they do works for me.

I am disappointed, I thought you were a girl.

I can listen to Mercy and think, if you dont like that, then give up.

aside. It is time to move on, when you are so brain dead that you cant see Xanax and Wine, Mercy, Smile, Native Son, All Becuase of YOu (first verison) Yahweh (first version)

yeah well, I would like to drink beer with those who woiuld agree, and not drink beer with those who dont.

How to dismantle taste from shit. Easy!!!!!!
Cut Mercy, Smile. Xanax. Native Son, and you are more than half way. GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodnight U2DMfan...time for you to puke and pass out. :wink:

MattFromNYC said:
LOL!!! YOU'RE DRUNK!! LOL!!!!
Yeah sometimes adults like to drink some stuff.

and you gave crap to Bono for talking about charity and having an expensive bathtub.

So, do you feel justified or like a toolsack?

And please tell me how Kate Hudsons ass is not a work of the GODS.

Earnie Shavers said:
'Kate Hudsons Ass' - one of the many tracks that was left off the Bomb that should have been put on there.

talk about a rocking lead single!!!!!!

I produced at least 3 versions of it.

Not for anyone in particular but to answer the question of the thread: I would think that if you can't find - out the 22 songs and B-sides and outtakes - a single song you like in the past 5 (or insert any other number here) years, maybe U2 doesn't do it for you anymore and that is a sign you should move on. If you see them live and they don't have the spark you once saw, that's another sign.

Like someone else said, it's annoying to see people not only spending every single post to whine about the band, but also feeling they speak for everyone and shoving their opinioin down everyone else's throat - along with insulting those who liked the last two albums left and right. .

Last edited:
I agree, after all this is a FAN club! I think a l;ittle U2 knocking is okey, i mean you don't have to like everything about U2 but whats been pissing me off lately about some people in this forum is that all they seem to do is bash U2. Why be in a u2 Forum if all you are ganna do is bash them??!!??!! unfortunately ive been notecing ALOT of negativity about U2 in this forum over the last few months :-( kina sad to say the least!

mikal said:
i didn't mention you by name. i don't believe i've seen you carry the attitude i was describing. but there are some here who knock U2 and knock U2, and when you disagree with them, they call you a "blind follower". those people should be banned, or even tortured.

I envy anyone listening to Zooropa for the first time. But course, it never gets old.

U2DMfan said:

Yeah sometimes adults like to drink some stuff.

and you gave crap to Bono for talking about charity and having an expensive bathtub.

So, do you feel justified or like a toolsack?

And please tell me how Kate Hudsons ass is not a work of the GODS.

I gave Bono crap for talking about charity and having an expensive bathtub?

Oh really... I must have been having an out of body experience or something. I never said such things. Oh, you're being funny. Oh, you're talking to someone else. Oh, you're still drunk.

And no, I dont feel like a toolsack... BUT.. I feel like a dick sack.

Speaking for myself:

(1) Not hugely impressed by HTDAAB or ATCLYB

(2) Somewhat resented the €40 charge to join the U2.com website

(3) Getting a little fed up of Bono's cod philosophising

(4) Not entirely satisfied with sound quality Croker 24th June

BUT, bottom line, still a fan and still enjoying their MUSIC as much as ever.

I think it says a lot about the people on this board that someone who no longer is a really big U2 fan still wants to post here. And let's remember that certain forums are not U2 related (FYM, Lemonade Stand) and could certainly be inticing to someone who wants to debate politics or pop culture with a bunch of cool people.

Lemonfix said:
I think it says a lot about the people on this board that someone who no longer is a really big U2 fan still wants to post here. And let's remember that certain forums are not U2 related (FYM, Lemonade Stand) and could certainly be inticing to someone who wants to debate politics or pop culture with a bunch of cool people.

That's true. And doesn't it just make you feel warm and fuzzy all over? :D

I seperate myself into halves, the indie elitist half and my U2 fan side. I was not impressed with HTDAAB, at all, nor ATYCLB at first. But there are recent songs that I do enjoy. Travis Morrison of Dismembermen Plan (my Church) had this interesting way of describing why he still buys Neil Young and Prince albums. He said that he has an artistic relationship with them, he may not like where they are going but he respects them for doing some of the shit they do as a way to recharge their batteries so they can go out and do crazy shit again. Thats how I feel about U2 presently. But I can understand how AB and ZooTV would really put off some of the people who got into them through Boy and the Unforgettable Fire. However it has become painful lately, like watching a friend slowly destroying their lives.

Back
Top Bottom