So When are U2 Going to Put out a NEW album - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-24-2004, 09:12 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,151
Local Time: 09:20 PM
So When are U2 Going to Put out a NEW album

I know, I know, Bomb just came out yesterday, but I have had it for a few weeks now and I was thinking.

My hope is that U2 will be inspired by the tour and put out another album quickly. But, if they do it will probably sound a lot like this one. Not bad in my mind, but I would like to see U2 do something more in the line of UF & Zooropa again as far as the atmospherics go.

What do you think? Will it be another 4 year wait?
__________________

Dalton is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 09:14 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ZeroDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Belfast
Posts: 4,953
Local Time: 03:20 AM
no, honestly maybe 2005/06 i can see an 11 track lp full of weird yet wonderful stuff
__________________

ZeroDude is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
zoopop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,442
Local Time: 08:20 PM
If they tour for 2005/2006 they would put out something in 2006. Ala, Zooropa.
zoopop is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 09:38 AM   #4
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 340
Local Time: 08:20 PM
I'd like to think it will be less than 4 years this time ... but these guys don't seem to be getting prolific as they age:

Zooropa ---> POP = almost 4 years
POP ----> ATYCLB = 3.5 years
ATYCLB ---> HTDAAB = over 4 years

It'll be a while. That's just how it is. But we always seem to get some new songs one way or the other in the meantime.
strannix is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 09:43 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
God Part III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4,336
Local Time: 04:20 AM
Remember that Bono has been busy with his world peace campaign, making the album itself has taken, what, a year?
I don't think they've worked on the album for four years.

2007 is my guess...
God Part III is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 09:52 AM   #6
Refugee
 
knox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 1,611
Local Time: 09:20 PM
They best hurry up, they're gonna get too old for rock and roll soon...
knox is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 09:57 AM   #7
The Fly
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: la,ca
Posts: 212
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by strannix
I'd like to think it will be less than 4 years this time ... but these guys don't seem to be getting prolific as they age:

Zooropa ---> POP = almost 4 years
POP ----> ATYCLB = 3.5 years
ATYCLB ---> HTDAAB = over 4 years

It'll be a while. That's just how it is. But we always seem to get some new songs one way or the other in the meantime.
No offense but as you age (like me) the years fly by.
I still remember the day ATYCLB came out like yesterday's news....

If you hadn't pointed out that it's been 4 yrs since then...I'd think it was 2 yrs calendar be damned.
caylan is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 10:04 AM   #8
Refugee
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,129
Local Time: 02:20 AM
A Zooropa will never happen again the band hasn't that fire in them like they had then, nor creativity also. I know that I would like to hear the album they were going to put out a year ago with out Lilywhites overproduction, now that would be interesting to hear.
rjhbonovox is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 10:06 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 25,821
Local Time: 08:20 PM
i'll actually guess early 2007. i think it may actually hit the band that they don't have all that much time left, and they'll try to work faster. hopefully they don't rush it out though.
mikal is online now  
Old 11-24-2004, 10:08 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
uwwedoogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cork, Ireland... IM BACK!
Posts: 3,618
Local Time: 02:20 AM
for Zooropa they were reaching a new audience with ZooTV and that audience only liked the techno side so to keep them tuned they wernt gonna wait 4 years and throw out a Joshua Tree, so Zooropa came out and it has good songs, but in my opinion was rushed, but if they want to rush another album to get it out 2006 then ok im all up for it
uwwedoogie is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 11:36 AM   #11
War Child
 
cseggleton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Tn
Posts: 650
Local Time: 02:20 AM
I think U2 has safely re-established itself with the last 2 records and we could expect something more on the experimental side in the future. I think the thing U2 has to watch out for now is doing experimental stuff for the sake of doing experimental stuff. I can see critics really bashing U2 if they try to do too much trickery as they will say they are a bunch of old geasers trying to stay relevant. Hell you even see some of the reviews bashing our boys for sounding too much like U2. I really think they are in a no win situation at this point in their career. I still find it amazing though that U2 could make such a great record like HTDAAB 25 years after their start.
cseggleton is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 11:44 AM   #12
The Fly
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, U.S.A.
Posts: 223
Local Time: 02:20 AM
I'm actually waiting for the album AFTER the next album...2011 is going to rock!!!!
kawai17 is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 11:45 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,685
Local Time: 10:20 PM
HTDAAB truely is an amazing thing, just considering how long this band has been together. I hope that the band might put out like an 8-song EP suring the tour of just balls-to-the-walls rock and roll songs. I don't care if they are too repetitive or dont have much depth, some rock n' roll during the tour woudl kick ass!


by the way, Vertigo, LAPOE and All Because of You are awsome, and give give this album just the right amount of rocking-ness to make it perfect. Crumbs and COBL are also pretty rocking, but in a more JT type way.
Lancemc is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 12:46 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Apartment of Surrender...
Posts: 5,629
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Well, don't forget Passengers came out between Zooropa and Pop, so really they had albums in

1991 AB
1993 Zoo
1995 Pass
1997 POP
2000 All That
2004 BOMB

I really hope we get an EP or something next year. What kind of Best-Of 2000-2010 will they have if there are only 3 albums?
Niceman is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 12:57 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
doctorwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: My TARDIS - currently located in San Leandro, CA
Posts: 6,359
Local Time: 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by rjhbonovox
A Zooropa will never happen again the band hasn't that fire in them like they had then, nor creativity also. I know that I would like to hear the album they were going to put out a year ago with out Lilywhites overproduction, now that would be interesting to hear.
Hi Jick-Part 2! How's it going! Always so cheerful reading your posts.

While you have a point, I also think you're being too harsh.

"Zooropa" was fun and U2 had the songs. I think they have the songs now as well (as evidenced by the rare tracks on the digital box set) and they could have, in theory, used those songs as a spin-off album.

The trouble is, when a group is as big as U2, it's tough to just do a little one-off album. Something quick and fun would be a blast, yet based on the reaction to HTDAAB and the new rare songs in the box set, there's just no pleasing people. Hence, I think U2 are forced - due to their success - to not release quickly. It's a shame, but that's the price of fame.
__________________
https://u2.interference.com/attachments/forums/signaturepics/sigpic11661_2.gifI always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
doctorwho is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 01:34 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
zoopop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,442
Local Time: 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kawai17
I'm actually waiting for the album AFTER the next album...2011 is going to rock!!!!
Your right U2 is going to blow us away in 2011. I hope they play Mofo.
zoopop is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 01:50 PM   #17
Refugee
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,129
Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho


Hi Jick-Part 2! How's it going! Always so cheerful reading your posts.

While you have a point, I also think you're being too harsh.

"Zooropa" was fun and U2 had the songs. I think they have the songs now as well (as evidenced by the rare tracks on the digital box set) and they could have, in theory, used those songs as a spin-off album.

The trouble is, when a group is as big as U2, it's tough to just do a little one-off album. Something quick and fun would be a blast, yet based on the reaction to HTDAAB and the new rare songs in the box set, there's just no pleasing people. Hence, I think U2 are forced - due to their success - to not release quickly. It's a shame, but that's the price of fame.
I don't see why? How is it they could do this 11 years ago but are now too big to do it now. Are U2 in the pockets of record company execs now?
rjhbonovox is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 03:14 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,151
Local Time: 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by rjhbonovox


I don't see why? How is it they could do this 11 years ago but are now too big to do it now. Are U2 in the pockets of record company execs now?

lol

there is no way this kid is a day older than 14 ..... oh shit ..... I just hat a thought as I was writting that.

What if he is retarded. Then I would be making fun of a retarded kid on the internet.

Can you go to hell for that?
Dalton is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 03:17 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,685
Local Time: 10:20 PM
hell's a bad place
Lancemc is offline  
Old 11-24-2004, 03:26 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 25,821
Local Time: 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton



lol

there is no way this kid is a day older than 14 ..... oh shit ..... I just hat a thought as I was writting that.

What if he is retarded. Then I would be making fun of a retarded kid on the internet.

Can you go to hell for that?
Ha! post of the year!

honestly, a little criticism here and there is ok, but when it gets to the point where the guy can't say anything nice about the band, then i don't see the point of giving him the right to post here.
__________________

mikal is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×