So what've we got so far? - a proposed map of the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the lyrics of WILATW, some of the best lyrics of the last 2 albums.

1. Definitely a matter of opinion...which we don't apparently share

2. I would bet that you would be part of the minority with that claim (i.e. best lyrics of the past two albums)

3. I'm not a betting man :wink:

Guys, could we please keep the discussion about older songs and lyrics out of this thread?
I doubt people would like to read comments like that when they come here to see the latest news about the new album without having to read through posts with off topic comments. At least that's what I thought was the purpose of this thread. :)

Thanks in advance.

Well, not really. News will arrive within the next couple of weeks I guess.

All i've been hearing is Danny Lanois raving about the album saying it is innovative, creative, future of rocknroll and groundbreaking. Nothing about release dates or songs. :huh:

"2009 will be a U2 year"

Whenever U2 releases a new record, it's always their year.

Well, save for 2007.

NEW08.gif

BONO TAKE on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Video shoot?

It certainly could be a video shoot for a new single! Why else would Bono be filming something with a camera crew? Just a pity we can't see what's written on the clapboard, as that will usually say something like "U2 - single video - 11/14/08 - Take 5 or whatever.
Bono seems to be in front of a Blue Screen. Movies use Blue and Green screens to superimpose footage.

well it clearly seems like a video to me... the guy who posted that works for Modernista... and Bono's pose in the beginning with the head down seems quite "music video like" (and not a Red campaing ad or something similar) :drool::drool::drool:

What's interesting is that the director can be heard calling out "And... playback" and then there is the "3,2,1" and then those beeps that are heard at exactly one second intervals. It's a countdown to the start of the song perhaps?

Wasn't there talk before about adding the band to Corbijn's No Line On The Horizon video from blue screen footage in London after the shots in France with the motorcyclist?

you're kidding, right?

that sounds SO BAD

and the worse part is that we've seen it... in the Vertigo video when Edge and Bono kinda FLY or something like that...

those ideas are just plain stupid...

if you don't appear in the video, who cares, is not like people won't know how Bono or Edge look

you're kidding, right?

that sounds SO BAD

and the worse part is that we've seen it... in the Vertigo video when Edge and Bono kinda FLY or something like that...

those ideas are just plain stupid...

if you don't appear in the video, who cares, is not like people won't know how Bono or Edge look

Blah why not wait to see the video first before judging it will be stupid??? for all you know it could be stupid or it could be the best video they have ever released!

Tried to figure out what's written on the board. I could see it was something written in capital letters. At first, I thought I saw NLTH, as in No Line On The Horizon but pausing at about 3 seconds when the board is close up, the last letter is an F. I don't know whether they would even put the name of what they're recording if it is something like a top secret video shoot for U2. The F at the end is all I can make out. I thought at that pause that I could make out an M in the middle of it but I'm not sure.

Certainly looks like a video shoot. Bono looks like he's about to lift his arms up at the end. I'm getting excited about this.

Last edited:
So they're shooting a video for "Mofo"?

I wish :D

No. I tried to figure out what the board said on the video. It does look like capital letters on it to me. The last one is defintely F. The F looks seperated a little from the other letters. It is probably indicating the part of the video that they're recording so it would read like 'U2 NLTH Part F' or something. The M probably wasn't there the video isn't great quality. There really isn't much to go on in the video as you hardly even see what's written on the board and it only last 3 seconds or so. I personally don't know why I went to such lengths to read what's on the board but that's what people get like when you wait so long for your favourite band's next album.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom