So what've we got so far? - a proposed map of the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ I tried to read it, too, after seeing this pointed out in PLEBA. I didn't think much of it at first, thinking it was a ONE ad or something; but, now that you mention it, it actually seems more like a music video shoot. :hmm:

It's kind of got a "Please" vibe going on.

What I want to know is, where's the rest of it? :corn:

^ I tried to read it, too, after seeing this pointed out in PLEBA. I didn't think much of it at first, thinking it was a ONE ad or something; but, now that you mention it, it actually seems more like a music video shoot. :hmm:

It's kind of got a "Please" vibe going on.

What I want to know is, where's the rest of it? :corn:

Exactly. To me, it suggests the song known as Get On Your Boots/Sexy Boots is the first single because of two things. One, Bono's clothes. Yes, he's wearing the typical leather and shades but for the more emotive singles, SYCMIOYO, for example, he wore the hoodie and then that red shirt. His clothes suggest energy's in this track. I'm probably reading way too much into that and I'm no costume artist to say the least, but it's just a guess. Two, at the end, Bono can be seen ready to lift up his arms as if ready to burst into a chorus or to react to a Edge solo. I ruled out a One campaign ad because this seems to have been filmed in London, he would have surely wanted to film a One campaign ad in the U.S. People have suggested the band would be superimposed onto the footage shot by Anton Corbijn in Spain but with a guy riding around on a motorcycle how and where do you superimpose U2 on that? We still know little about this video, or indeed the album, but at least thing seem to be moving along.

Last edited:
:hmm: this may also be a pointless observation as well but he seems to be wearing the familiar larger hoop earring, a lot more his rocknroll style as compared to the small stud type earrings (or recently none at all) he's mostly been wearing these days... unless my eyes are just being hopeful :wink:

Exactly. To me, it suggests the song known as Get On Your Boots/Sexy Boots is the first single because of two things. One, Bono's clothes. Yes, he's wearing the typical leather and shades but for the more emotive singles, SYCMIOYO, for example, he wore the hoodie and then that red shirt. His clothes suggest energy's in this track. I'm probably reading way too much into that and I'm no costume artist to say the least, but it's just a guess. Two, at the end, Bono can be seen ready to lift up his arms as if ready to burst into a chorus or to react to a Edge solo. I ruled out a One campaign ad because this seems to have been filmed in London, he would have surely wanted to film a One campaign ad in the U.S. People have suggested the band would be superimposed onto the footage shot by Anton Corbijn in Spain but with a guy riding around on a motorcycle how and where do you superimpose U2 on that? We still know little about this video, or indeed the album, but at least thing seem to be moving along.

Interesting observations/assumptions, though I'm not sure if I can completely agree to them. I'm trying to go through my mental library of U2 videos that I've seen and what Bono's been wearing and I'm not sure if the leather always coincides with a song with "energy"...but it is a good observation none the less.

FWIW, I still think the first single will be NLOTH. From what people have been describing it as, I think it might fit in that high "energy" kind of song. It also sounds like the type of song that could be a nice intro to that "sound departure" that keeps coming up in interviews.

Only time will tell

Wave after Wave: atmospheric and meditative, Larry's latest video is all sea and sky

http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/seaandsky.swf

After all the dodgy hand-held home video's on U2.com we suddenly have a locked off, tripod mounted, well framed shot with a level horizon (not that you can see it for the mist). Supposedly done by Larry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only official clip of Bono singing is the recent 'Ok, lets put it down' video in which Bono sings 'Only Love' etc etc (beach clip 4). I think we're being primed for much bigger things happening very soon.

With the recent (hopefully genuine) Bono on video shoot activity, and the fact it takes about 10 days after a shoot to edit & sync. There is a (hopefully) strong possibilty of some sort of official news/video in December.

Cross your fingers.............:hug:

That video of Bono has been deleted from Flickr; I don't know if anyone has mentioned that yet, but I wonder if maybe somebody got in some trouble for posting it and were told to take it down. :hmm:

I really hope new album will be out in spring 2009> If they rescheduled its release to fall 2009, I'd probably lose interest, it's taking too long already.

I really hope new album will be out in spring 2009> If they rescheduled its release to fall 2009, I'd probably lose interest, it's taking too long already.

noooooooooooooooooooo wayyyyy is this coming out Fall 2009.....don't worry :)

Add "Unkown Caller" to the list of songs--possibly the same as clip 1 and group singing from "Here is What Is".

In the new issue of 'Q music magazine' in the UK (released on Tuesday 25th Nov roughly), the editor Paul Rees always has a small editorial comment on the first page about the current issue and often about what's coming up next month. He says that "next month they will be back in the company of old friends, the biggest band in the world". I assume that he is talking about U2 here!! So we should get the new Q magazine around Christmas Eve with U2 on the cover. This would also mean that Paul Rees would also have to presumably meet with the band, do the interview and hear at least some of the new tracks in the next couple of weeks so that they can put it in that issue.

Back
Top Bottom