So, what happened to Propaganda?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking about it also over the weekend. Here we are in the month of May and still no Propaganda. GRRRRRR
mad.gif

------------------
"Steal me, deal me, anyway you heal me
Maim me, tame me, you can never change me
Love me, like me, come ahead and fight me
Please me, tease me, go ahead and leave me..."

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I don't think we should expect refunds. Especially if some of us got tickets through them.

Exactly...I got kick ass seats through Prop so my $20 was well spent.

But I suppose if I didn't buy tickets through them and only got one issue, maybe I would expect a refund.

Originally posted by jezebel:
Weren't we supposed to get one more issue before its demise?

well perhaps that was just propaganda
i know i wouldn't believe anything an organization called propaganda told me!

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 05-13-2002).]

When we were all b*tching about this a few months ago...I emailed two people at Propaganda. I subscribed in November, and was told I would receive a refund. They said refunds would be given if you had not received all four issues of your subscription...hope that helps.
I think in PLEBA we talked about it more, you could do a search there, everyone posted their emails they got from Propaganda...

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
When we were all b*tching about this a few months ago...I emailed two people at Propaganda. I subscribed in November, and was told I would receive a refund. They said refunds would be given if you had not received all four issues of your subscription...hope that helps.
I think in PLEBA we talked about it more, you could do a search there, everyone posted their emails they got from Propaganda...

Thanks Mrs. Clayton. I'm certainly expecting a refund. I didn't get tickets through them. And as of yet, I have received no issue.

I only subscribed last October, so obviously, I haven't received anything.
frown.gif
Thanks to a friend though, who gave me 8 issues of Propaganda!
smile.gif

Propaganda Dublin was much more helpful than Propaganda NY....
I'd encourage you all to email them....
Be sure to send your account number(I think that's what it's called) with your email, then they can find you in their computer...
Good luck.

Propaganda Dublin was much more helpful than Propaganda NY....
I'd encourage you all to email them....
Be sure to send your account number(I think that's what it's called) with your email, then they can find you in their computer...
Good luck.

Aw, crap. I have no idea what my account number is. I'm sure that e-mail got deleted a looooong time ago. Is there any way to find this out?

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Aw, crap. I have no idea what my account number is. I'm sure that e-mail got deleted a looooong time ago. Is there any way to find this out?

You should be fine without it...but definately email Dublin and not NY.....

I told them I heard a "nasty rumor" among U2 fans that Propaganda was no longer going to exist...

I'm a little pissed though...if you were going to cancel something like this, wouldn't you have started to refund people's money??

Why are they waiting so long?????

I'm a little pissed though...if you were going to cancel something like this, wouldn't you have started to refund people's money??

Precisely! We shouldn't have to ask for a refund. I got squat from them. I tried for tickets but got denied, and now this. No magazine? Even if they send out a final one, I really don't think one issue of Propaganda is worth what they charge.

*Sigh

EXACTLY! And if they're going to discontinue the magazine, wouldn't it be prudent to, oh I don't know, INFORM THE SUBSCRIBERS??? Gah.

Thanks for the info, Mrs. Clayton.
smile.gif

I'm going to suggest that anyone who has read this thread and has a subscription to Propaganda...we all email Propaganda-again
I mean, this is bull....Yeah, they need to inform subscribers(especially the ones that have been around for years)and they need to start refunds....I wonder if you have to ask for a refund? Now that would be bull...
cecilia@u2propaganda.com
and
terri@u2propaganda.com
Let's all see what they say...even if just 5 people email, I bet that's more than they normally get....
Let's get our money back, or at least gossip about the new issue!

Originally posted by hotpepper:
I paid my 20 bucks in December 2001. Are we talking refund here?

I hope we get a refund -- I got nothing, no tickets or anything, but hopefully the last issue will be worth it. But I wouldn't get my hopes up. It doesn't look like we'll get one.

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

Back
Top Bottom