so what do you want the next album to sound like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

singleminute

The Fly
well after a pervious post was closed and after being insulted a bit i thought i'd start a fresh post where maybe people wont get het up.i want the album to sound like atyclb with the pop twist and maybe just a little bit of that eno production off achtung baby. now i'm guessing that this wont be the case, but still what do you want it to sound like?

I'd like for some of the dark sounds and depth in Achtung Baby to come back to the fold. Here's hoping :up:

Hmmm...
Well after hearing the descriptions for All Because of you ("the hardest song U2 ever wrote" according to a magazine) and Full metal jacket ("mother of all rock songs, the reason to make an album" - ok, Bono said that but still...), and the songs being described as "very rocking, very guitar oriented" I'm expecting some kind of War direct organic sound matched with AB's plenty of guitars. (possibly the spirit of the album may be darker, what with 9/11 and Bono's father's death as very likely themes IMO) . Same songwriting approach they used the last time only MORE guitars.

I want a dark, emotional sound, with touches of hip-hop, and free form jazz jams, along with some of that killer synthesizer sound of the early 80's (think of Duran Duran's 1st album). How about a song that mixes in some samples of Biz Markie's 'Just A Friend', with a driving bass riff played by Larry, and crazy guitar figure by Bono. Have Adam speak/singing over it, while Edge chants 'The Lord's Prayer' in the background. Dude, that would be the sound!!

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I want a dark, emotional sound, with touches of hip-hop, and free form jazz jams, along with some of that killer synthesizer sound of the early 80's (think of Duran Duran's 1st album). How about a song that mixes in some samples of Biz Markie's 'Just A Friend', with a driving bass riff played by Larry, and crazy guitar figure by Bono. Have Adam speak/singing over it, while Edge chants 'The Lord's Prayer' in the background. Dude, that would be the sound!!

yeah that would be a sound dont quite know if it would be a good sound but hey who am i to judge?its a shame you cant suggest the idea to the band, i'd love to hear that!:lol:

Last edited:
Oh, this is serious? Sorry, I hope that the Edge plays his guitar like a madman and Bono howls at the moon. Larry plays his toms and Adam gives us some bass lines like the ones we heard in Zooropa (you know melodic and catchy). I want U2 to Rock, kinda like they did on War, but with themes from Acthung Baby and All That You Can't Leave Behind. That's what I want.

More prevalent up-tempo bass from Adam.

More pounding, faster paced snare from Larry.

hopefully Chris Thomas will help bring this more to the forefront.

I want Bullet the Blue Sky/Until the End of the World-esque guitar played by the Edge as if he's was set on fire and out to prove that he hasn't lightened up. He has played the gammut of styles in the 20+ years of U2, it is now time to plug in the amp and just belt it out, just like he had just discovered a distortion pedal.

I want Bono to fucking sing, not half-speak, and I want him to sing like he is the son of an Irish tenor not the son of a motown soul-singer. He has a beautiful powerful voice, but for some reason lately, he has changed his vocal style.

No more falsetto Bono, you can hit those highnotes.

Personally, I'd love something like from the early '80s. I simply love stuff like I Will Follow, Out Of Control, Stories For Boys, 11 O'clock Tick Tock (particularly the version on the UABRS video), Gloria, The Electric Co. (especially the UABRS version), Sunday Bloody Sunday, Seconds, and New Years Day. Other U2 is great, and I'd love to hear more along the lines of Last Night On Earth, Walk On, and The Fly, but early '80s would simply make my ... year? decade? life? Something like that.

i kinda want to have 'exit' mixed with 'beautiful day', that would be amazing. late 80's mixed with the rock edge that i think U2 have but just havent utlilised yet to their full potential!!:wave:

singleminute said:
i kinda want to have 'exit' mixed with 'beautiful day', that would be amazing. late 80's mixed with the rock edge that i think U2 have but just havent utlilised yet to their full potential!!:wave:

:hmm: That would certainly rock.

I'm also hoping for an Achtung Baby mood and a full-on guitar album...... But since they don't want to repeat themselves (or so they say...) I can't wait to hear what it sounds like.

Guitar driven, deep lyrically, big choruses, big melodies, booming vocals (ala "Electrical Storm" especially the "HHHEEEEYYY!" part)

I want some songs like "Electrical Storm" and "Beautiful Day". I want at least one song like "The Hands That Built America", and the rest, well, I want them to kick my ass! :)

In the words of Darryl Hammond (Sean Connery): "Surprise me, you filthy bastard."

I'd like to hear an album the sounds like Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby together...that would rock!

U2 RULZ!!! :bono::edge::adam::larry:

Can't Wait!!!

Quote:

I hope that the Edge plays his guitar like a madman and Bono howls at the moon. Larry plays his toms and Adam gives us some bass lines like the ones we heard in Zooropa (you know melodic and catchy).

:yes: YES!!! I certainly agree, I hope tha't it's really guitary and hard, something like New York or solo's like The Fly or Bullet The Blue Sky. The lyrics should be as strong as ever, with their wiseness and humour in it. Bono and The Edge are great writers, I simply love U2...

So, start counting untill January 2004, so difficult to have patience if you're soooo curious....

Bono je t'aime toujours. :flirt:
Bono ik hou voor altijd van je... :heart: :up: :kiss:

-Linda-

It's rumoured to sound like ATYCLB isnt it? i don't really mind what it sounds like, it's bound to kick arse anyway! :up:

I cannot wait till this album comes out! I have a suspicion this record will the loudest thing U2 have ever done, but it will be catchier than anything else they've ever done, too. Lyrically, a return to form.

We're in for a treat :yes:

I dont know if I want it to sound like any of their past works but if it has to.
I would love to see a mix between WAR, ACTUNG BABY, and Passengers..

Dirty raw noise...
but dancey.

Yeah!

I prefer the eighties sound of U2 too...
I really get chills listening to songs like rejoice/fire/scarlet... whatever. The were at their best those days...

Re: Yeah!

U2ABonoLover said:
I prefer the eighties sound of U2 too...
I really get chills listening to songs like rejoice/fire/scarlet... whatever. The were at their best those days...

I think so too!:up:

I want them to be U2 and that will be good for me. I do NOT want them to goof around trying so hard to prove how different they are that they lose themselves along the way. U2 are a great bunch of guys, and I don't want anything else but what they are. If I wanted a different band, I'd buy them.

Back
Top Bottom