so what do you want the next album to sound like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or maybe it'd be interesting to have mr. Ignoreland around here... to bring some light on...

I've heard this "guitar-driven" too much... in fact, EVERY U2 album has been guitar-driven... then, what does it mean? Guitar driven in an Iron Maiden way? In a My Bloody Valentine way? In an Eric Clapton way? or in a u2 classic way?

Clean or dirty? War was a clean one, and Achtung Baby a dirty one... hope it's the later one way...

Million Dollar slug in a blue room would do me fine..more atmospheric than rock..more experimental than predictable.

Interesting idea, Tizer...album with MDH sound would be interesting (When I look at the world was similar in a way to that sound).
I'm guessing it will be more organic, like Electrical storm/Always sound

I'm sure it's been said before by others but I like u2 when they're not being U2... I'm perfectly happy with the normal U2 understand, but I like it when they have the reigns loosened.

However, if it is indeed 'monstrous', then I'll restring my air guitar and go for those steering wheel drums with the rest of you.

Tizer said:
Million Dollar slug in a blue room would do me fine..more atmospheric than rock..more experimental than predictable.

Wahey! Nice idea! That's exactly the sorta album I'd love to hear. :yes:

I'm guessing that won't be happening this time though :eyebrow:

I really must echo the positivity toward M$H Soundtrack. I loved the sound and scope and feeling of those recordings from the moment I first heard them...so atmospheric and intriguing. Lush. That's it: they sound very lush, if that makes sense. Songs like 'Stateless' are amazing, and if we hear more of that side of U2, I'll be very happy. I guess it's the adventerous, night time U2 that I miss, and those songs brought that out again.

I want the new album to be very Rock-like, much like their 80's stuff, and less Pop-Rock like (like ATYCLB was).

Bring back U2's rock reputation... not some pussy Pop-Rock band.

Back
Top Bottom