So we KNOW the title of the Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
From the recent comments, I am pretty sure the name of the album is some version of "How to difuse an atomic bomb". McCormick said that it is a philisophical and difficult title. That's gotta rule out "Hanover Quay" (sadly), it doesn't rule out "Vertigo", but that would mean that the title is "difficult" in so much that it is a difficult philosophy.

What do you think.

BTW - I am still holding strong - I haven't listened to the clips yet. Lord protect these virgin ears.

You're probably right.. though I imagine the title will be "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," as that was the registered domain name last spring.

I suppose it could be some other philisophical title though :hmm:

it doesn't rule out "Vertigo"

But Vertigo has been confirmed as the name of the first single, so I doubt it's that.

Yeah, I think it's "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" too.

How to dismantle an atomic bom (HTDAAB) would be a wicked name for an album! it has that coolness to it and also perhaps pertrays the message of peace ie how to dismantle an atomic bomb could mean we should get rid of all nuclear weapons to have a safer and more peacefull world. IMO

Didn't McCormick also say that none of the titles floating around were correct?

Well... I wouldn't be suprised if it was the title of the album. I wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't either. McCormick said that there was a ton of false information and that alot of what we're thinking is incorrect. I wouldn't be suprised if the title of the album, along with alot of other things, are totally different than what we're expecting.

Well, i might be wrong, but isn't the Unforgettable Fire named after an exhibit that Bono saw about the survivors of the atomic bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima. HTDAAB is definitely less subtle, but it wouldn't be the first time the topic of an atomic bomb has made it into a U2 album title.

VertiGone said:
HTDAAB is definitely less subtle
That's the only possible problem I can see with the title...that it's so lacking in subtlety that it'll become convenient ammunition for those who want to label and dismiss Bono as a left-wing extremist / peace-at-all-costs pacifist.

Last edited:
Which is probably y the title hasn't been announced yet, bc it still hasn't been decided. If you are U2 and on the verge of releasing what could be your greatest album (i hope), you might have second thoughts about really calling it that. I was kind of thinking that Love and Peace (or Else) was going to be a center-piece of the album emotionally and saw a connection between that song and HTDAAB. So who knows, back in February when they registered the HTDAAB web address, they had just finished that song and were all gung ho about calling the album that. But now it's possible they are having second thoughts. In their elder years they really don't have room to make any type of mistake (i'm not calling HTDAAB a mistake, just thinking out loud) especially when it takes them four years to put out an album. As for what Neil said, last time i checked Neil wasn't in the band.

HTDAAB would be an easy target for anyone who found anything wrong with the album..."U2 can't diffuse this 'bomb'", and so forth...

Please guys, if you are reading these boards, PLEASE, anything but HTDAAB. ANYTHING. It is a ridiculous title, even if it is supposed to have some deeper meaning...it just sounds, well...

...silly.

I agree that it's not a very good title. Did I already say that in this thread? I forgot.

And by the way Zoocoustic, I live in Yakima WA.!!!! It's nice to see a fellow Washintonian.

U2,

Ignore the naysayers. If you name the new album HTDAAB, it will be second only to Under A Blood Red Sky for album-title greatness.

Sincerely,
The Guy Who Is Right

Is it Dismantle or Defuse ??

I have to say the first time I heard it as a possible title I thought it was cr@p:down:

But it's really after growing on me :up:

God only knows where it could lead .............. the sleeve graphics ...........Tour title / theme..... The Atomic Tour .......... Defusion .............

Back
Top Bottom