so....uh.....yeah....shit should start happening pretty soon huh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
if the new album is supposed to come out in early March 2004, we should start finding out things like; album title, song titles, first single, maybe even a song clip.

i mean, i remember last time around, i knew that Beautiful Day was going to be the first single 6 months before the album came out.

it kind of scares me that the album is being delayed. there's just such little buzz about the new album.

thoughts?

lol....I think a lot of people are getting antzy about the new album and it doesn't help that there is really nothing of note going on with the band right now to divert our attention.

For the first time the other day, I starting REALLY looking forward to the next tour. I was fondly reminiscing about the opening moments of the Elevation shows (with Sgt. Peppers cutting to Elevation Influx, band casually walks out into the arena with house lights up) and wondering if U2 are going to be able to top that opening next time out.

well here's always hoping right?

I don't think they'll push it back further than March 2004. So hopefully within a month or so, we'll be hearing something about it and hopefully a new single early next year? (OR maybe I'm being really optimistic here!!)

As for the tour.... I'm really looking forward to it.... seeing them for the first time! Can't honestly wait! You know what a NICE opening would be....... Starting the tour in Toronto! :D (alright... fine I AM being really optimistic!)

I can pretty much guarantee that the album will be released in the first quarter of 2004.....most likely in march. They always either release their albums in March, or in October/November. Zooropa came out in July and that is the ONLY exception this rule. If the album is nearly done, I am sure it'll be done in time for March release. Plus they plan to tour next summer....we know that much. Plans are already being made, dates are being penciled in.

As for the lack of information.....I really think that by Christmas, we'll know what the first single is going to be. It'll probably come out in Jan/Feb, is the album is to be released in march. Don't worry, 2004 will begin as the year of U2. In the mean time, just patiently wait for the Slane DVD. That'll feed your U2 craving. Also, I imagine with the release of the DVD will come heightened press around the band, not just Bono, and we'll probably hear more information during this time. So just be patient.....soon the long, agonizing wait will end, and it will seem worth the wait.

C'mon we didn't know "Beautiful Day" was going to be the single until late July/early August of 2000. Which only make its 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 months before the album was released. We will hear some more news starting in mid to late November and then more news in December/January. New single in February, new album in March. Like the acrobat states it's pretty much a set release pattern the boys follow. Late Spring Tour too!!

There is article on atu2 that reveals Beautiful Day as the first single. It is dated June 30th 2000. Exactly 4 more months before it's release. The album title was revealed in August and the tracklisting and song clips followed thereafter.

We will likely learn ''something" in November.

yeah, the official statement of BD as the first single came in July, but c'mon, we all knew this by may/june of that year. at least i did!

tuesday march 16th (one day before st patty's, ironicly) is dead smack in the middle of march. so seeing as all albums in the US are released on a tuesday, if the album is indeed released in march, it will be around this date, give or take a week.

that gives us 4 months and 18 days until then... 142 days in all.

if they're gonna do all the promotion stuff, such as tv appearances, etc. those things should be getting booked now, I would think.
maybe someone here works on the inside at a promotion agaency, or tv station, or mtv or something.....:scratch:

yes.....SPIES.....thats what we need.......:eyebrow:

^^^^ heheh, as I read your post, I was listening to "Spies" by Coldplay. Dunno, just thought that was mildly amusing and felt like sharing it with the entire interference gang :)

:hmm: i wonder if U2 could ever pull a surprise on their fans like Achtung Baby/ZooTV...

bayernfc said:
As for the tour.... I'm really looking forward to it.... seeing them for the first time! Can't honestly wait! You know what a NICE opening would be....... Starting the tour in Toronto! :D (alright... fine I AM being really optimistic!)

:yes:.

I know what you mean! I'm going to start doing what I can to scrape money together so that if and when they come close enough to where I live during the tour, I can finally see them in concert for the first time. I'm really, really excited about this. :hyper:.

And yes, I feel within the next couple of months we'll start hearing a lot of things regarding the new album.

*:dance:s out of sheer excitement.

Angela

This thread gets me all 'cited every time I read it. I was flipping channels yesterday, looking for fire coverage, and CNN's People in the News was on. I was remembering how much I enjoyed seeing Bono and Edge on the CNN World Music show before ATYCLB came out, and then I started hoping that they'd do that show again for the new record. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom