So there were 25 songs recorded for Atomic...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoology

The Fly
That's right. 25. According to Bono in the Sun newspaper. Any ideas on titles??

I'm pretty sure I have one. Mines called "Wake Up and Take Me Down" I think one of them's called "Heaven and Hell" and another one might be "High as a Kite" I'm not sure if these are from HTDAAB but they are B Sides to something.

Well lets see...that we know of:

Mercy
Are you gonna wait forever?
Neon Lights
Smile

Tunes that might qualify:
Native Son
Xanax and Wine

That's what I could think of off the top of my head...what am I missing?

UVMan said:
I'm pretty sure I have one. Mines called "Wake Up and Take Me Down" I think one of them's called "Heaven and Hell" and another one might be "High as a Kite" I'm not sure if these are from HTDAAB but they are B Sides to something.

Those are the Axtung Beibi Out-takes from 1990.

it would be wonderful if they can finish those extra songs somehow and get out another album in say 2 years as the tour is winding down. Zooropa part II Indeed:wink:

Axver said:

Those are the Axtung Beibi Out-takes from 1990.

Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea what they were from. The site I downloaded them from said they were from HTDAAB. My Bad.

Here are a few titles from the pics in the Collector's Edition book.
"Love is....Perfecto", "Jubilee '(Stir my Soul)", "Good Morning", "Levitate", "Treason" (w/ date of 6/11/03), "Shark Soup" (w/ date of 7/03/04). These are from the pics of thier "work board" and guitar effects settings near the middle of the book. There are a few other titles that are hard to make out.

when Radio One were in the studio the Dj was wandering around and mentioned a board with song names and comments next to it. the one she pointed out was "Starstruck" with edge having written "is this song up to it" or good enough or something like that - i dont recall exactly
obviously it wasnt so theres another one for your list!

Anyone remember a song called "Full Metal Jacket" being mentioned? I remember them saying that it was going to be their hardest rocking song yet.

Eric G said:
Anyone remember a song called "Full Metal Jacket" being mentioned? I remember them saying that it was going to be their hardest rocking song yet.

turned into native son turned into vertigo

The Shark Sandwich Joke is far superior.

I'm hoping these other recordings will make a nice pile of B-sides, (as mentioned) ala Joshua Tree. That record makes a great Double CD with the B-sides in it!

Or maybe they'll do a 'Radiohead' and keep what they really like for another album as they have a different mood etc....!

There was an issue of Propaganda before ATYCLB came out, when all the band members and P.M said what their favourite NEW track was. I think it was Larry who said Bulldozer as his...:eyebrow:

Aardvark747 said:
There was an issue of Propaganda before ATYCLB came out, when all the band members and P.M said what their favourite NEW track was. I think it was Larry who said Bulldozer as his...:eyebrow:

...they all also said what song they'd CERTAINLY choose to put on a Best Of 1990-2000 collection. P.M said Lemon.

Shows how much influence he has with the final decisions then!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom