So the "mother of all rock tunes" is Vertigo...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Edge brought around a CD of a new tune. It's just a provision title, "Full Metal Jacket." It's the roughest, it's the mother of all rock and roll tunes. I don't know where it came from, but it's a remarkable guitar thing. You want to hear it. It's a reason to make a record. This song is that good." Bono, 2002

Adam Clayton: "It was originally called Native Son and had a very different feel. Bono and Edge rewrote it when we started work with Steve Lillywhite." 2004

I think the chorus riff in Vertigo is from Native son.

Last edited:
Ok so Take Today was torn apart and transformed into various other songs. I think they should have left it like it was, I loved the vocals and I loved every other element in that song. Everything worked so well. All that was needed was some more lyrics and a couple of other minute changes and it would have been in my top 10 U2 songs of all time. I'm listening to it right now, it's so moving..........

stagman said:
I think So Cruel evolved from Take Today and Heaven and Hell.
I've listened to the Achtung Outtakes alot in the last 6 months and I can tell you I keep hearing something similar in Vertigo...

Is any of that/those (the Achtung Outtakes) available anywhere on the net?

If anybody here calls themselves U2 fans, they would subsribe to www.bloodredskyhub.com for DC++
It has absolutely everything U2 related as far as audio and visuals are concerned. I mean everything! You won't regret it. And yes many people on that hub have the Achtung Baby outtakes ;)

AussieU2fanman said:
If anybody here calls themselves U2 fans, they would subsribe to www.bloodredskyhub.com for DC++
It has absolutely everything U2 related as far as audio and visuals are concerned. I mean everything! You won't regret it. And yes many people on that hub have the Achtung Baby outtakes ;)

True, but i don't have enough patience to figure that out how DC++ works.

BTW happy birtday AussieU2Fanman :cool:
Now you are far to old for Jordan :wink:

Herco said:

True, but i don't have enough patience to figure that out how DC++ works.

BTW happy birtday AussieU2Fanman :cool:
Now you are far to old for Jordan :wink:

Haha, you just don't give up do you. What don't you understand? Finders keepers dude! I claimed her for myself ages ago! :wink:

And BTW DC++ is very easy to use, there's really nothing to it. The site tells you what to do if you get lost anyway.

AussieU2fanman said:

I'm a novice when it comes to computer technology, what is D++???

Back
Top Bottom